It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soviet US Navy IL-38

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Found this on The Aviationist today. The pictures depict a Soviet IL-38 May (similar role to the US Navy P-3 Orion) flying on what appears to be a mission, but with the star and roundel of the United States, and the word NAVY painted on it.

It turns out that the photos were apparently taken from video tape while filming "Incident at Square 36-80" in 1982, by Mosfilm. The movie is about an American submarine that is in danger of exploding and spreading contamination throughout the ocean. At the last minute, the Soviet navy comes in and saves the day. The IL-38 most likely was playing the role of a US P-3 or similar type of aircraft.

Ironically, in 1986 the Soviet sub K-219 suffered an explosion and failed seal on a missile tube that led to her sinking.

The following images were brought to my attention by writer Miguel Vargas-Caba.

Author of “Bear: Flight to Liberty”, during research for his novels, Miguel has acquired an extensive collection of Soviet and Russian articles, videos, documentaries, books, hundreds of photos, etc., illustrating the Soviet Armed Forces during the Cold War, as well as the Russian Armed Forces of today.

Among the material he has collected, there are the following images (probably stills taken from a video) depicting a real Il-38 of the Soviet Naval Aviation painted with US insignias for a Soviet movie called “Incident at Square 36-80″ made in 1982 by Mosfilm.

theaviationist.com...

theaviationist.com...

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Soviet sub K-219

Is that the submarine that the CIA helped fund a fake company to build a large ship to bring it up from the bottom, the whole time telling people that the ship was made to mine to ocean?
edit on 9-5-2013 by retirednature because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by retirednature

No, that was the K-129, a Golf II class. It appears, from new evidence, that they may have been attempting to fire a missile at Hawaii, and frame the Chinese to start a war between China and the US.

The K-219 was a Yankee I class. She was on a routine patrol in the North Atlantic near Bermuda when there was an explosion on board in one of the missile tubes. Based on crew reports and logs, the seal over the missile tube leaked, allowing seawater to leak into the missile tube, where it mixed with missile fuel, resulting in an explosion and fire. While attempting to tow her, she flooded and sank, possibly after being scuttled by the captain.

In 1988, a Soviet hydrographic research ship found the wreckage which was broken in two behind the conning tower. Interestingly all her missile tubes were forced open, and the missiles, which had gone down with her, were gone.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by retirednature
Soviet sub K-219

Is that the submarine that the CIA helped fund a fake company to build a large ship to bring it up from the bottom, the whole time telling people that the ship was made to mine to ocean?

No, it was K-129

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

In 1988, a Soviet hydrographic research ship found the wreckage which was broken in two behind the conning tower. Interestingly all her missile tubes were forced open, and the missiles, which had gone down with her, were gone.

Any bets that the US got the missiles.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

I don't take sucker bets anymore. I'll bet not long after she went down Glomar Explorer came out of mothballs.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Maybe theres a grain of truth to the accusation the illuminatti -post war nazis obtained missiles from a sunk sub after all

top topics

join