<< 1    3 >>

join

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flatfish

Originally posted by Swills
reply to post by Flatfish

Wait a minute...

So you don't believe a Benghazi cover up is real? So much so no one should be held accountable?

Also, is it news that both republicans and democrats always attack AND blame each other?

Thanks Jon Stewart?

The only Benghazi cover up that I believe in at this time is the one regarding the fact that the GOP probably knew that under-funding foreign outposts would lead to some really bad occurrences, they just didn't think it would lead to anyone getting killed. Now that it has, they trying to distract us from the real cause.

Yes, I think someone should be held accountable. More precisely, I think that the TP/GOP establishment as a whole should be held accountable and they will. It just won't happen in Congress or the courts, it's going to happen in the voting booth.

You do know the compound was attacked in the past, threatened via Facebook, and the Ambassador was being followed and his picture taken during his morning job, right? Because of all of the above they requested security which makes sense since they were being attacked and they didn't trust their own Libyan security. I mean, why they were denied is beyond me. Marines should have been automatically sent to any and all US interests in Libya because it was overrun with terrorists thanks to the civil war and over throw of Gaddafi. Also, when the compound was attacked they called for help, a drone was filming the whole event, and the the only thing given was stand down orders. Meanwhile, the next day the White House and MSM were blaming innocent Libyan protesters.

Terrorist

Protester

The Libyans themselves were calling it terrorism from the start but Washington and the MSM wanted to blame the Libyan people. Once again, this lie they started actually incited protest riots that did actually attack embassies, France comes to mind.

So you realllllllllllllllly think there was no cover up? Come on people!!!!! You damn right someone or rather a large group of people need to brought up on charges but in this world where our gov't can start false wars based on complete lies I know there will be no justice, only more death and destruction.
edit on 9-5-2013 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Meanwhile, the next day the White House and MSM were blaming innocent Libyan protesters.

Surely you remember dear old Mittens getting corrected by Candy Crowley during the debates over this very subject, don't you? If not, you can refresh your memory with a quick read here;

www.huffingtonpost.com...

When Romney responded to the question, he charged that it took Obama days to call the Benghazi attack an act of terror. Obama called the incident an "act of terror" during his remarks on September 12, just one day after the tragedy.

The Libyans themselves were calling it terrorism from the start but Washington and the MSM wanted to blame the Libyan people. Once again, this lie they started actually incited protest riots that did actually attack embassies, France comes to mind.

So you realllllllllllllllly think there was no cover up? Come on people!!!!! You damn right someone or rather a large group of people need to brought up on charges but in this world where our gov't can start false wars based on complete lies I know there will be no justice, only more death and destruction.

Like I said above, you can blame the MSM all you want but it's pretty much documented that the President called it an act of terror on day one.

With respect to there being a cover-up, yes I believe there is! The GOP is attempting to cover-up the real cost of the mindless budget cutting ideology recently adopted by their party. There are other real effects to randomly cutting the budget other than lowering the deficit. Someone has to do without and in this case it happened to be those people in that Libyan outpost who paid the ultimate cost. That's the real cover-up here.
edit on 9-5-2013 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   

I don't care if you and dear old Mittens takes one snippet of one Obama speech talking about the terrorists who attacked the consulate during the non existant protest doesn't change the fact that Washington & the MSM were pushing the protest lie, a lie I will again remind you that incited protest-riots all over the Middle East and other heavy Muslim populated countries.

Susan Rice: Attack on Benghazi was Direct Response To Video

Susan Rice: "We do not have information at present that leads us to conclude this attack was premeditated or preplanned." Lies

The protest in Egypt the was also reported to have sparked riots because of that stupid anti Islam movie but the truth is that protest had nothing to do with the video at all. The protesters were demanding the release of the Blind Sheik. I read CNN was there covering it but reported the lie instead. So of course I can blame the MSM and that's because they are also complete liars who knew the truth but reported lies.

I can't believe you're going to blame this on the GOP and budget cuts. That is so insane it's hilarious. Clearly Washington was well aware of the attacks on the compound along with the threats, they even denied them security but you're going to blame budget cuts? No, someone denied them security knowing full well they were being attacked and that wasn't because of budget cuts. I'm so sick and tired of the only real defense of these politicians for their actions is blaming each other and bureaucracy. You clearly are proof of the blame game. In my world both democrats AND republicans are guilty, DOD contractors, and military leaders.

But you want to blame GOP's budget cuts? Sorry, this is all a little more complicated than that.

Related links,

In Service of the Blind Sheikh?

U.S. Consulate in Benghazi Bombed Twice in Run-Up to 9/11 Anniversary

Libya: Increasing Security Challenges

Protesters storm Libyan congress over 'unrepresentative' govt make-up

Al-Qaeda Flag Planted On Libyan Courthouse…

Libyan rebel commander admits his fighters have al-Qaeda links

Ex-SEALs, online gaming maven among Benghazi dead

US embassy in Libya sought extension of “essential” security team

Obama Administration Had $2 Billion in Extra Consulate Security Money When Benghazi Attack Occured

US ‘too slow’ to act as drone’s cam captured Libya horror

Drones were circling above U.S. consulate during Libya attack but officials decided NOT to mount a rescue mission

EXCLUSIVE: CIA operators were denied request for help during Benghazi attack, sources say

White House struggles to respond to new Benghazi revelations

Latest on Benghazi: Whistleblowers give Congress blow-by-blow account of deadly diplomatic attack

Benghazi Whistleblower Chokes Up

Fourth Benghazi witness gagged by red tape

Report: CBS News Bosses Irked by Correspondent's Thorough Benghazi Reporting

New Benghazi probe evidence puts spotlight back on Clinton

Mother Of Slain Benghazi Victim Rips Hillary Clinton: "I Blame Her"

edit on 10-5-2013 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

I guess we'll see which narrative is closer to the truth when it's all said and done.

In the meantime, may I suggest listening to this new alert that I heard played on the Stephanie Miller show this morning;

soundcloud.com...

Just click on the link and hit the play button to hear the alert.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
The democrats do the same to republicans. The two party paradigm is a show for you to be distracted by. Both aren't there to help you.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   

What truth exactly are you talking about? Do you agree the compound was attacked in the past? Do you agree the compound was being threatened and the Senator followed? Do you agree they requested security and were denied?

I have more questions but I'll end them there for now.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   

so you are saying one party is innocent and the other party is reflecting their evil ways on the other party..

have you ever thought that maybe both have evil ways?? just a thought

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Great video!
Jon Stewart tells more truth than either "side". He is not an elected official and has nothing to lose.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Jon Stewart may use comedy to deliver his messages/arguments, but that doesn't make the message any less poignant. You may disagree with it, but that's another thing.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   

What truth exactly are you talking about? Do you agree the compound was attacked in the past? Do you agree the compound was being threatened and the Senator followed? Do you agree they requested security and were denied?

I have more questions but I'll end them there for now.

The truth I'm talking about is the fact that republicans have repeatedly slashed foreign security budgets year after year, despite warnings that it would harm national security, resulting in the death of 4 Americans in Benghazi. The very same people who are now leading the charge to blame Obama are the ones who voted to cut the funding, go figure.

thinkprogress.org...

The Washington Post’s Dana Milbank breaks it all down:
For fiscal 2013, the GOP-controlled House proposed spending $1.934 billion for the State Department’s Worldwide Security Protection program — well below the $2.15 billion requested by the Obama administration. House Republicans cut the administration’s request for embassy security funding by $128 million in fiscal 2011 and $331 million in fiscal 2012. (Negotiations with the Democrat-controlled Senate restored about $88 million of the administration’s request.) Last year, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton warned that Republicans’ proposed cuts to her department would be “detrimental to America’s national security” — a charge Republicans rejected.
[GOP vice presidential nominee Paul] Ryan, [Rep. Darrell] Issa and other House Republicans voted for an amendment in 2009 to cut $1.2 billion from State operations, including funds for 300 more diplomatic security positions. Under Ryan’s budget, non-defense discretionary spending, which includes State Department funding, would be slashed nearly 20 percent in 2014, which would translate to more than $400 million in additional cuts to embassy security.
“It’s also important to note,” House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) said last week, “that the Republican appropriation in Congress gave the administration $300 million less than it asked for for the State Department, including funding for security.”

Yes, I agree that the compound was attacked in the past as are many foreign diplomatic outposts around the world every year.

And yes, they may very well have been denied security that they requested, hence the term request. There are many reasons for which a request for more security may be denied, one of those reasons could be inadequate funding.

Then again, even combat troops in the heat of battle are often denied request for things like air support or medi-vac when the weather won't permit it, the battle zone is too hot or there's no assets of the kind in the area etc...

I don't pretend to know all the reasons for the decisions that were made, but then I'm not the one screaming for endless hearings either. That call is coming straight from those who are desperate to escape the blame for what they themselves did.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by votan

so you are saying one party is innocent and the other party is reflecting their evil ways on the other party..

have you ever thought that maybe both have evil ways?? just a thought

What I'm saying is that one party is trying to conduct the business of our government while the other party is content with obstructing that business in any and every way possible. Their favorite tool over the past 4 yrs. has been to defund government at every turn. To quote their tax messiah Grover Norquist, "Our goal is to shrink government to the size where we can drown it in a bathtub."

When you make cuts of this magnitude, it becomes inevitable that someone is going to do without. In this case, it was those unfortunate Americans at that outpost in Benghazi.

They didn't care much about Benghazi at the time because it didn't directly affect them or their lifestyles, at least not until this happened and they came to the dreadful realization of what they had actually caused with their "cut everything to the bone" ideology.

It's not like the sequester cuts to FAA funding which made them wait in lines, God forbid. They fixed that little problem just in time to fly home on recess without delays.
edit on 10-5-2013 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Correction he is the one responsible . He could close gitmo anytime he wants. He choses not to. Maybe you should do some research before you open your mouth and stupid comes out. link Blatant lies.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Diisenchanted

Correction he is the one responsible . He could close gitmo anytime he wants. He choses not to. Maybe you should do some research before you open your mouth and stupid comes out. link Blatant lies.

And what a total load of ignorant crap that article is. Apparently, Noah Feldman is under the impression that the United States of America is ruled by dictatorship. I guess he must be republican.

Signing an executive order to have GITMO closed was one of the President first orders of business and just like providing security at foreign diplomatic outposts, the GOP cut all funding for his initiatives.

I can tell my family that I'm taking them to Disney World all day long but the moment that someone comes along and takes away my funding guess what? The trip is off, plain & simple. See how that works?

If you're looking for stupid, you may want to begin your search with a clean mirror.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   

The way you down play this whole event while at the same time blaming republicans just shows your bias. Clearly you are democrat who supports them no matter what they've done, right or wrong, and will defend their lies using their own lies to defend them with, right? So keep on believing it was some low level admin worker who denied them security because of budget cuts by the big bad republicans but I'm not going to buy it, ever. The clear facts of this case outweigh that political BS.

The fact is this compound was attacked twice, attacks the White House, Pentagon, CIA, FBI, etc all knew about. They also knew about the threats made via the internet, the threat made for an attack on 9/11/12, and that the Ambassador was being stalked and photographed. It was a well coordinated attack, not some spontaneous attack the sparked from non existent protesters. So not only did Washington know they were being attacked and under constant threat of more attacks but they denied them the security they clearly desperately needed.

And don't downplay this by claiming diplomatic missions get attacked all the time because they don't and people don't always die BUT that being said, having any diplomatic personal in Libya (or anywhere in the ME) at that time (present included) without security is setting yourself up for failure and that's because Libya was and is over run with terrorists. But sure lets blame it on budget cuts because clearly the State Department has nothing to do with supplying security to our diplomats abroad, especially in places like the Middle East.

And this is just the tip of the iceberg of lies and cover ups that is Benghazi. So I guess you and I will just have to agree to disagree because you aren't changing my mind nor I yours.

All of Washington is guilty, republicans, democrats, military leaders, DOD employees (see: CIA), etc.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   

And don't downplay this by claiming diplomatic missions get attacked all the time because they don't and people don't always die BUT that being said,

And here is the problem in a nutshell! I'm not downplaying this but history seems to paint a little different picture than the one you're trying to sell.

www.dailykos.com...

June 14, 2002, U.S. consulate in Karachi, Pakistan
Suicide bomber kills 12 and injures 51.
February 20, 2003, international diplomatic compound in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Truck bomb kills 17.

February 28, 2003, U.S. consulate in Karachi, Pakistan
Gunmen on motorcycles killed two consulate guards.

July 30, 2004, U.S. embassy in Taskkent, Uzbekistan
Suicide bomber kills two.

December 6, 2004, U.S. consulate in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Militants stormed and occupied perimeter wall. Five killed, 10 wounded.

March 2, 2006, U.S. consulate in Karachi, Pakistan
Suicide car bomber killed four, including a U.S. diplomate directly targeted by the assailants.

September 12, 2006, U.S. embassy in Damascus, Syria
Gunmen attacked embassy with grenades, automatic weapons, and a car bomb (though second truck bomb failed to detonate). One killed and 13 wounded.

January 12, 2007, U.S. embassy in Athens, Greece
A rocket-propelled grenade was fired at the embassy building. No one was injured.

July 9, 2008, U.S. consulate in Istanbul, Turkey
Armed men attacked consulate with pistols and shotguns. Three policemen killed.

March 18, 2008, U.S. embassy in Sana'a, Yemen
Mortar attack misses embassy, hits nearby girls' school instead.

September 17, 2008, U.S. embassy in Sana'a, Yemen
Militants dressed as policemen attacked the embassy with RPGs, rifles, grenades and car bombs. Six Yemeni soldiers and seven civilians were killed. Sixteen more were injured.

What IS in fact happening is that you and your right wing buddies are blowing this event all out of proportion in an effort to blame Obama when in fact, he has a pretty good record with respect to embassy attacks.

From the same article as above;

As for Obama, the attacks in Cairo and Benghazi are the first two attacks on a U.S. diplomatic mission in an ostensibly peaceful country during his entire presidency
edit on 10-5-2013 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   

No you are downplaying this attack AND cover up by claiming these attacks happen all the time and its no big deal. That's the attitude you're conveying. The examples you're posting are mostly from the Middle East post 9/11 so it's no wonder terrorist attacks are on the rise against US interests but that doesn't mean this attack is any less significant. Terrorists use car bombs, suicide bombers, or straight offensive attacks, and in places like Libya terrorism was at an all the time. And as I've said, Washington was fully aware of the terrorist infestation, the terrorist threats and attacks, denied security, allowed the attacks to happen, watched said attacks and gave stand down orders. All events probably unique to Benghazi compared to the the attacks from your article there (there's actually a threat here on ATS about that article so please go check that one out as well).

Why you defend these people is truly beyond me. I do hope you're at least getting a pay check from someone otherwise I suppose they got you wrapped around their finger.

But as I've already said, agree to completely disagree. I've posted my side of the story and you yours, so it is what is.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   
This is not about republican or democrat, libertarian or commie..it's about holding the administration accountable for yet another mother-of-all-frack ups. If everyone involved in the coverup/suppression of facts and misdirection in the Obama staff is democrat then so be it, or on the flipside if it was nothing but...republicans...on..the..obama..admin...then so be it. We need to stop bickering about fictitious political parties and hold those relevant to this incident in power accountable for their actions or lack there of timely reactions and disgusting lies.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I couldn't agree more. Honestly we should have one goal here in America but we get tied up on all of this "news" that "they" blow up so that we will stay occupied on certain matters. They put it in our news, our comedy, our talk radio, movies etc... to overwhelm us and to make us believe that it is a huge issue. Meanwhile, they are signing new laws in place, taking more freedoms away, and dismantling the good ol US of A. I recommend anyone who is serious about getting this country back to stop participating in government because these people that "give you hope" could really care less about you and this country. Stop voting, stop watching the news, turn your TV off, and most importantly educate your parents on the matter because the 1950's generation is probably the most deceived of them all (from a collective standpoint). The American Government is a product that we bought very long ago. Now let me ask you guys something, if you bought a faulty product would you still keep trying to use it? I didn't think so. The fix is not to keep voting for these psychopaths. The fix is to stop giving them credibility to keep operating and functioning. I would love to see the face of these idiots if no one showed up to the polls. Who would they elect? They couldn't without staging some more BS. Get your land back people, thats what its all about. Keeping the government in the state that its in right now will just lead every American ,no matter the race, straight to the slaughter house.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
i'm on the side of the OP and still don't understand why so many blame obama. it makes no sense to me. we don't have the funding for security and it's been that way. i'm sure everyone involved was aware of the risks of an attack but with no money for security the only other option would be to close the embassy.

it just seems like anything that happens obama gets blamed. the GOP likes to claim liberals think of him as a king but it looks to me like the GOP thinks he is somehow filled with superpowers and can do anything and everything he wants and is trying to destroy the country.... for what reason i don't know. so the earth can implode? makes no sense. maybe in a bad made for TV movie but not real life.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by pasiphae

We didnt't have the funding? See my above post for the one link that says we had 2 billion ready to go for security but do you really think the gov't didn't have money for security in lands that is teeming with terrorists? Not only is the Middle East an obvious hot bed of terrorist activity but Libya more so than ever thanks to the NATO/Obama bombing/support campaign during the civil war. That war opened the flood gates for terrorists in Libya. But you're right, affter the compound was attacked at least twice and under constant threat of future attacks I guess they were all SOL cuz we is apparently broke. Even if we were that broke the US could always just make more money, like they're doing anyway.

Alan Greenspan: WE CAN ALWAYS PRINT MORE MONEY

But even putting that aside, Washington is completely guilty of knowing this attack was coming, watched it unfold live, and did not a damn thing to stop it while ordering a stand down. That's the meat and potatoes of this whole affair.
edit on 11-5-2013 by Swills because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join