It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Privatization of Water: Nestlé Denies that Water is a Fundamental Human Right

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
First Id like to say I tried doing a search for this but kept getting a error 500 Mods if already covered please remove.

Nestle Chairman and former CEO Peter Brabeck-Letmathe has stated that water is not a right and should be privatized. He goes on to say that we do have a basic human right to rations of 5 liters for hydration and 25 liters for minimum hygiene! This is a company that makes a lot of money on bottled water and is the #1 seller of water in the world.

Like many other companies Nestle lists their bottled water as "spring" water when in fact its plain old tap water. I believe that Bottled water is one of the biggest scams ever pulled on the world. this is a company that was accused of drilling a well in Pakistan that tapped in to the small communities local wells siphoning off and destroying their drinking water!

In the small Pakistani community of Bhati Dilwan, a former village councilor says children are being sickened by filthy water. Who’s to blame? He says it’s bottled water-maker Nestlé, which dug a deep well that is depriving locals of potable water. “The water is not only very dirty, but the water level sank from 100 to 300 to 400 feet,” Dilwan says. (source)

Link

Peter Brabeck-Letmathe also said in a video that organic food and nature are not good for you. That GM foods are healthier and no one has ever been sickened by them. *video is subtitled.

Altho I do agree that we waste and pollute a lot of water I in no way want any company or government in control of what I drink. To me privatizing water would be like privatizing the air we breath. I do see this happening already. I live in the country where people are being forced to pay to be connected to city water and septic and when they found out that some of these houses were still using their wells they put a meter on their private wells. Where I live if you do not use a drop of water in your house you are still charged a base fee of $68.00.

We live in a world where pop is already cheaper then water. This insanity has to stop before people start dying because they can not afford water!

other links

www.examiner.com...

aattp.org...

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
UUUMMMM FYI water has already been privatized so whats the big buzz.. no one has complained about it for the many many years that we already have to pay to have access to water. Unless you dig a well which requires a permit and alot of money you have to pay the water company for water just like electric, and they do not charge you cost they make a profit.

So what is so new about this?

There is very few places you can get free water like water fountains in parks and some businesses. The rest of the water comes in bottle format, or you can get free water at most fast food restaurants but they pay for it.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by dc4lifeskater

if you read all the was through I do state that privatization as already begun. Except for the lucky who still are out of reach from the city water lines. The thing is hes not just preaching privatization but rationions. Imagine a future where the only place you can get water is from a store and that store keeps tabs on how much you have gotten that week and how much more your allowed to get.If we allow it, it will end up that way. Nestle, Coke, Pepsi theyve all realized water is big money and the more scarce and regulated they can make it the more money they get.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   
It's called Blue Gold and George Soros is heavily invested in it. The intent is to regulate and ration water to the extent that you can be denied access. They have already started to tax rain water that falls on peoples property claiming it causes pollution after running off the developed areas.

It doesn't matter if Nestlé thinks that is not a fundamental human right or not, they can be denied access just as well as anyone else.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by jrkelly77

This is why capitalism is destined to fail as basic needs for survival should never be for profit.EVER!

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Corporations are the biggest threat to humanity.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I imagine there will be a huge upsurge in back yard wells-disguised as a tree/paddling pool etc.

It is said that the wars of the future may well be fought of water,as our supply dwidles and gets more polluted.
But is it a human right?
I would say it goes beyond a human right-it is like air,a human necessity.
No corporation should be allowed to take away a human necessity from anyone,yet they always seem to try in our upside down crazy world that is getting crazier by the day...

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   

The Privatization of Water: Nestlé Denies that Water is a Fundamental Human Right

Water is not a toy for the elite to play with in order to control the mass of humanity. In this context, yes... it IS a right.

Water was here before nestle... but, so was oil. The difference? Humans don't require oil to live.

This is the same argument against corporations like Monsanto that would own the rights to every form of vegetation on the planet.

One disturbing side story here is that various state and local governments can and often will arrest you for having rain barrels. According to these petty tyrannies, the rain that fails on you, belongs to them.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
When any organisation/corporation/government attempts to steal from the people the very essentials of life,such as H2O,you know things have got out of the realms of our pretended democracy and into the realm of neo nazi like corporate/governemnt squeezing together.
A nasty mix.
Its where we now live folks...

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
If water is not a private commodity, then the government owns it. Do you want the government to own all the water?

I have a 100' private water well, pumping up my ground water for my use. I own the mineral rights and that should include the water (it doesn't count as a mineral though). Nestle can do the same thing if they want to, but if it is damaging the water table, they shouldn't be pumping all that water. They need to be subject to extremely tough regulations and be shut down if they continue to damage the water table or try to monopolize the water supply. Of course they have the money to challenge or change laws and I'm sure there are many politicians in their back pocket.

I like owning my water, that's privatization, if the government owns it or has it in trust, then I would have to pay for my water use just the same as someone with processed municipal water. I pump it and use it at my expense and have been authorized to do so by my local government when I had my well put in. The surface water is already in government trust, so if I use the water from the stream on my property, that is a different case. I can't put up a dam or a fish pond on that stream as it is part of a watershed and not my water, it is everyone's water that is in state trust and under their control.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Water is a commodity, just like everything else. Always has been. The only "rights" anybody has are those allowed to them by others who either allow them, or don't care enough to enforce them.

No need for outrage here.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by th3dudeabides

This is why capitalism is destined to fail as basic needs for survival should never be for profit.EVER!

That is a very naive and immature attitude.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by th3dudeabides

Yeah like Communists never intentionally withheld food from an entire nation before..... Ohh wait, didn't the Bolsheviks starve like 6 million people to death in the Ukraine as a form of "progress"?

join