It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Duncanville student gets mad at teacher (great video)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by GeneralChaos

I know that when people get mad sentences don't always flow from brain to mouth in the smoothest fashion. But attacking his ability to speak while angry is petty.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by rockn82

Just pointing out that his education is obviously lacking and he has a right to be concerned because, if he doesn't get the education he so desperately craves and deserves then, he will one day be an adult who speaks this way.

My criticism isn't aimed at him.
It is aimed at the education system.

This country is hell bent on churning out a bunch of left brained, obedient, worker drones while stifling their right brained, creative, out of the box thinking counterparts.

......and what a fine job they've done too.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by frozenspark

I like that kid a lot, smart, articulate, heart's in the right place, hair's a little long but what can you do?

Good for him and for the one who recorded it and uploaded to Youtube - now there's more awareness about the issue.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
He should be embarrassed at himself, not angry at her.

It's her classroom. He's not paid to critique her teaching style.

I don't remember ever seeing a student do that to a teacher.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miracula
He should be embarrassed at himself, not angry at her.

It's her classroom. He's not paid to critique her teaching style.

I don't remember ever seeing a student do that to a teacher.

You are so ridiculously backwards it's not even funny.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Let me start by saying by, I agree with what the student is saying. Just as a food for thought, some teachers deal with students that make teaching impossible. Inner city, low income familes kids who would rather be anywhere else. Is it possible to just have enough? How many people have had enough and lost the passion within their own jobs? "then they should change careers", I think if you spend most of your own life chasing a dream or at least an ideal job, and perhaps for reasons beyond your controll, it's a nightmare.
I don't know....people are human. No, I wouldn't want my child if I had one to be a student of a teacher who hands out the days work and never interacts. I'm just saying that there may be humans, going through real things reacting to environments and situations. Hopefully this students holds on to the beliefs and values he is showing here.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   
GeneralChaos, just because you are easily bored doesn't mean you are somehow mentally deficient (ADD). One should not be so willing to label themselves with such things. I don't believe ADD exists. It's just easier for teachers to say a kid has ADD than to say that they themselves are the problem.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Miracula

So wrong - all the accountability is on the teacher - period

If you can't teach your students or keep them interested it's your problem as a teacher not the students problem.
If they aren't learning or staying engaged then you need to figure out why & fix it

There's just no other reasonable or constructive option available
The lack of accountability is one of the biggest problems with our education system today

The tenure system should be scrapped as should the unions for teachers & pay should be scaled competitively with a decent percentage of the top teachers actually making a good professional's wage.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Bundy

I don't think you really truly understand ADD.
First of all, it doesn't require "belief" in order to exist.
It is still there whether one "believes" in it or not.

I am the last one to EVER label myself as ANYTHING.
I really don't care what name one uses to describe what is going on, nor do I let it hold me back

HOWEVER,

when you can't get a full paragraph through a book without having to go back a re-read it five times because your mind keeps wandering off and dragging you to far more interesting places within the rich colorful tapestry that is your mind, you realize that, whatever it's called, it is very powerful and DEMANDS 100% of your attention like a crying baby.

I have far more interesting # going on in my head on any given day of the week than any traditional "teacher" could ever teach me. This can present a problem when sitting in a work meeting and your boss is yammering on for what seems like an eternity and then, at some point, you "come to" and realize that you have been sitting there in your chair for 25 minutes and you have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA what ANYONE has said!!!!!

It is frightening and scary as hell because, once again, despite your best intentions, you've done it again. And once again, you realize that, whatever was said, it was probably important and........you are now FCKD because EVERYONE else "gets it" and you have NO CLUE what you are supposed to do or when the next meeting is because you were too busy slaying dragons and saving damsels in distress in the ongoing and ever persistent GIANT BIG SCREEN 3D Movie in your mind!!!!

Bottom line is,
I understand this kid and I feel for him.
Unfortunately, this country we live in is trying to crank out a bunch of obedient worker drones and is certainly not interested in what "we" have to offer.
edit on 10-5-2013 by GeneralChaos because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   
The system is changing. Teachers are going the way of the horse drawn cart. Computers are taking over. He should sign up with online courses. You can't blame the teacher. Not all teachers have a talent for teaching. Just because a teacher knows his or her subject, doesn't mean they can also deliver that content effectively. The good teacher is a rare find. Don't blame the teachers, get rid of them. Embrace the new system. People are what they are. If it doesn't work, don't try to fix it, build something new instead. We drive cars today, and nobody complains that the horse is too slow anymore. Nobody complains that the horse needs to rest. Nobody complains that the horse has attitude. We just don't travel by horse today. If the teacher doesn't work, the student can work on the computer.

Nobody puts knowledge into our brain, the student has to go out in search of knowledge and pack it in himself.

Teachers are supposed to be "motivators", anyway. If they don't know how to motivate, turn to the internet, and follow your interest.

edit on 11-5-2013 by SQUEALER because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
yea i hated some of the high school teachers we had , some were great but the ones that were not sucked outloud
they were leftover from the hippy generation & they tried to jam the leftist views down our throat & as a kid you dont think much about it till you get out & earn your first paycheck & realize they really suck, i still had to battle my sons teachers cause they are still spewing the same left viewpoint & i had to counter act the influence, thank god he realized early on they were wrong

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Casualboy100

You really had to post the same thing 3 times in a row to 3 different people? Yes even I did this as a kid, but when its filmed and the whole world can see it then it is open to a wider audience to see. Not just the 15-20kids and the teacher in that classroom. The kids in the classes where this has happened are probably not really paying much attention as its a teacher and student arguing and all they are thinking is "this kids going to the principal". Once on film and everyone can see it students, parents, teachers, etc its open to a wider audience. He even says he is not a hero in another interview.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
This guy clearly needs a haircut

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Casualboy100

WHy don't other kids get medals? WHy does he deserve one? Lots of kids do this but why does he get one? cause he was filmed?

You just made yourself sound jealous and a little immature.
You could have said what you wanted in more constructive way by informing us that he is not the only one who feels that way.

I understand the frustration students must feel.
I'm friends with one teacher who looses her temper a little too easily.
And a friends wife is a teacher and she openly admits that she hates kids.
Teaching should be held to the same standard as......a Doctor or Surgeon it is the future of the world's population that is being taught after all.
Bravo to all the children standing up for what they know is right.
edit on 11-5-2013 by xXSvenXx because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by SQUEALER
The system is changing. Teachers are going the way of the horse drawn cart. Computers are taking over. He should sign up with online courses.

Computer based training (CBT) is not the be-all end-all solution for instructing various subjects. There are both good and bad techniques employed in CBT and it can be quite difficult to design and construct good quality CBT.

CBT also has limitations that cannot currently be overcome, especially in the area of performing physical tasks. I wouldn't care how well a task is modeled by a computer system, until the student had shown me or another qualified person that they could perform the same task for real, I would doubt their competence.

CBT does not spell the end of the teacher/instructor. There will always be students who do not understand a concept as presented and will require the intervention of an instructor.

Lastly, who do you think designs and updates the teaching plans for courses? It is done by people who understand the hows and whys of various teaching methods and the subject matter to be taught. The generic term for these people is teacher.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

something similar happened to me years ago, i was also told that "you should have expressed your feelings in a more appropriate way".

a more "appropriate" expression in their eyes would have been writing a letter that would promptly be thrown in the trash with a "we appreciate your concern" reply.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
My whole thing about this is, what class is he in? If you ask me looks like study hall or that classroom that just has the kids that don't care.

here are my points to prove:
1. Kid sleeping in class, any good teacher wakes them up, I know mine sure woke me up.
2. Most of the kids don't even have anything on their desks
3. The teacher is acting.... Like its study hall.

nice try but someone posted a video were they kid says he already dropped out once, so is it possible the packet was just something he had to do to catch up to the other students. I have alot of questions about this but I'll stop there.

also someone else kept posting that this happens all the time, it does I graduated high school in 2009 I swear at least once a month someone was doing this. One more thing to add, teachers in my school were very very involved while also talking to is about the kinds of cuts they go through salary wise, I find it sad that some crappy musician can make millions corrupting the youth but teachers make jack squat and they are the ones teaching our AMERICANS future generations.

also I'd like to add that teachers also need to leave their political views out of the class room when I graduated it was election year and most teachers shoved a democratic view down our throats. While I had only one teacher give an unbiased view by using every news outlet and rhetoric from both parties, best teacher I ever had, ms Shelton.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Bet the teacher is obese and lazy.

Great role model.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Bundy....

You don't "believe' ADHD exists ?

Call it what you will then. But when you get so frustrated at yourself, ( because you cant concentrate long enough to retain a standard curriculum ), that you bite your own hand hard enough to make it bleed. In an attempt to focus.

When you cant sleep for 3 days. ( no computer games back then, or TV in bedroom )

It is like being on a drug. It is exactly like being so high on something you cant see or think straight.

I can tell you from experience, it is not born of laziness or a lack of motivation.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
If you knew what was good for you . You would quit high school and don't think about college.

Search google for "making a living " and you can save yourself 6 years.

I am not joking. I am for realz.

Government controlled education will get you a government job!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join