Duncanville student gets mad at teacher (great video)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
+4 more 
posted on May, 9 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Did search and did not see this posted. In this video, a student gets mad at the teacher who's method of teaching includes handing out packets and expecting students to learn this way as she sits there, seemingly counting the minutes to go home and dishearteningly repeat the same process next day. What this student says is on point, and he is definitely pointing out the terrible flaw in our education system, which is the fact that many teachers teach only to get that paycheck at the end of the week, and could care less about the future of the children that teachers' actions are supposed to motivate and guide.

edit on 9-5-2013 by frozenspark because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   
This kid will go far if he doesn't give in to what he knows is right.

Imagine a kid actually wanting to learn? A rare breed these days and hats off to him.

Peace

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Well, there's two types of people that will take jobs with that low of pay:

One: The person who is so passionate about that job that the pay doesn't matter.
Two: The person who can't do what they really want, so they settle for a low paying job to get by.

Unfortunately for our school system, most teachers seem to fall into category two.
edit on 9-5-2013 by danneu89 because: typo

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by frozenspark

"Don't try to take credibility for teachin' me jack"

yup, says it all right there.

I don't blame him mind you because.....well, this is where he is getting his ejumacation so it only stands to reason that he aint gunna no how to talk good.

edit to add: I have, and have ALWAYS had a scorching case of ADD and I WAS that kid!
Now, I am that adult.

Some people can NOT learn by sitting in a classroom period! Much less, sitting in a classroom and trying to digest a packet of papers handed out to you at the beginning of class. I am 40 years old and just now figuring out what I want to be when I grow up. And guess what?

It isn't something I learned in a classroom nor is it something I could have learned in a classroom.
edit on 9-5-2013 by GeneralChaos because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   

That kid deserves a medal what he did gives me hope for the future
I give him a standing ovation!!!!!

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
"But this is my country's future and my education".....Now he'll be probably booted out for a week or two.

Any decent teacher would have agreed with him, while at the same time telling him that "her hands are tied by the syllabus, and theres no other way"....she just sat there....Hearts and minds...

Everyone has a teacher they remember, not just because of what he taught, but because how he taught it...

There's a saying here in Spain " Si la leccion es divertida, nunca se olvida", which means if the class is fun, you dont forget it..and it's true.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
This kid will go far if he doesn't give in to what he knows is right.

Imagine a kid actually wanting to learn? A rare breed these days and hats off to him.

Peace

Don't worry about the kid going far.

The system will have that sense of whats right beat out of him before he's 20.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   

I don’t condone this kid being disrespectful to his teacher, but….the public school system in this area is a joke.

My mother-in-law is a teacher (35 years) and has taught for years in Dallas County. She has many stories to tell about the corrupt school boards, corrupt teachers union and horrible school district administrators. She has mentioned administrators refuse to fire underperforming teachers because of union influence; they play favorites with minority teachers and often fire good teachers who speak out against the shenanigans that go on in the district.

It’s a mess and I imagine most public school systems across the country suffer from similar issues.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
There are tons of kids that do this. So don't think he's the only one. I've seen kids do this at my school. Its just now someone has filmed it and now people are making seem like that he's the only one who spoke up when he's not.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by TWILITE22

WHy don't other kids get medals? WHy does he deserve one? Lots of kids do this but why does he get one? cause he was filmed?

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Again there are tons of kids who love learning(me included) its just he was filmed
edit on 10-5-2013 by Casualboy100 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I think you could easily make the case 80% of the public schools in the U.S. are a joke. I'm sure there are a few good ones here and there but sadly a majority of the schools and the teachers don't care about kids or education. Here in my district there is a big to-do about the public schools wanting to eliminate half day kindergarten completely even though many people in the community still want it. After doing some research we believe it all comes down to funding. For each half-day kindergartener the school gets $3,000 in funds. For each full day kindergartener the school gets $6,000. The schools don't want what's best for the students or the families, they just want the money.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

I don’t condone this kid being disrespectful to his teacher, but….the public school system in this area is a joke.

He wasn't being disrespectful at all. He was quite calm and collected. Poor lad just looks frustrated. He has every right to be, and he has every right to ask his teacher to teach. He did so very eloquently. I praise him, I wish there were more people like him in todays world. we need them. Education is important, and it needs to be taught, not just read from a bit of paper. Questions need to be asked, and teachers need to know how to answer them. It's their freaking job!!

If this is the education system in the USA, then I fear for the future of your country.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

They're tons of kids that do what he does! I've seen events like that in classes of mine like every year.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1972
Now he'll be probably booted out for a week or two.

A Texas student will face no disciplinary action for a rant at a teacher — which was caught on video and uploaded to YouTube before being shared nationally on social media.

The teacher, the district said Thursday afternoon, has been placed on administrative leave pending an investigation about what led to the outburst.

www.nbcdfw.com...

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   

What the hell is a "packet"?

The one girl had her hands over he face like she was in a mental institution.

Look at :09, the kid at the corner desk, is he asleep? I wouldnt be surprised if he was dead, the teacher was probably too lazy to dispose of the body [/sarcasm].

And is that a refrigerator behind her with a microwave on top of it? The hell...

Shes staring at a laptop, she's probably got a TV and radio back there as well.

Meanwhile the students didnt have a single book or piece of paper...

Follow-up interview with Jeff.

edit on 10-5-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere

What the hell is a "packet"?

A study packet (photocopies of instructional material)...it's an alternative to using a book.

Meanwhile the students didnt have a single book or piece of paper...

There is no book for what the students were studying for. They were studying for a standardized test called Texas Assessment of Knowledge and Skills (TAKS). In Texas, you MUST pass this test in order graduate. You could make straight A's all year, but if you fail the TAKS test, then you fail your senior year and must repeat the following year. It must be noted that these students get to take this test multiple times and must only pass it once. So if one ends up repeating their senior year, then they probably didn't have good grades anyway. Also, these "teaching" sessions for the TAKS test generally take place during study hall period and many times take place in a "break room"; thus the teacher's lack of interest.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
bravo,this kid is right.a lot of schools are not teaching children anymore the Christiana school district in Delaware is the worst I've seen.you can't even call them teachers,more like future prison candidates.good for him.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Perfectly executed. He definitely knew what he was talking about and was passionate.

I guess we can now ask ourselves "what did we learn today?"

S&F

new topics
top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join