It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Alien Photograph? (People with knowledge of Area 51 please examine).

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   

I'm a member of one of the Exopolitics groups on a well-known social site and recently this picture has come to light, it was allegedly taken at Area 51 by unknown person(s) and was found by a guy called Alan Lewis, I don't know anymore about it other than the description text added to the picture. However, I'm hoping someone here with a bit more knowledge on Area 51 may be able to help, either with names or the alleged badge or perhaps the guy who found the photo.

On a personal note, it's easy for any of us to say why they think this picture is a hoax, albeit a very well done hoax, but there's a chance it may not be and without putting it out there, there's the possibility none of us will ever know either way.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

Hey Zcustosmorum,

It's not so new...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

..., but neither does it seem to have been debunked. Who knows, maybe we can drive the final stake through it's hoaxy little heart here on ATS.

Great pic, it's my first time seeing it; that guy has quite the non-reg 'stache goin' there.
edit on 9-5-2013 by Bybyots because:

link   
Deja vu all Over again.
I think this was the second or third post for me here on ATS and I was asking the same exact question.

Unfortunately, it is a hoax.
Sorry, felt it was my duty to inform .

link   
...If this photo is fake, it is very well done in my opinion. Beautiful find either way, thank you! Can't wait to see more responses... s&f

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum
recently this picture has come to light,

"recently"??

In 2001, Alan Lewis, sent the image along with the following story to Art Bell:

link

There’s no if in this case as the alien should be familiar.
It’s one of the most readily available alien props. It can be bought from Amazon for a couple hundred dollars.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bybyots

Hey Zcustosmorum,

It's not so new...

..., but neither does it seem to have been debunked. Who knows, maybe we can drive the final stake through it's hoaxy little heart here on ATS.

Thanks for the link mate, I did do a search and turned up nothing and yeah, it's interesting that this picture hasn't been debunked

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I don't think you're gonna get anyone who actually knows anything about area 51. For the longest time the place didn't even exist and now that they reluctantly admitted it does, it is still a very secure facility.
Rumors and more rumors is all we got.

However, that dude's uniform is way off of standard military issue.
No name tag and his medals are on the wrong side.

An interesting side note, is the gov takes the issue of impersonating a military service member very seriously. Enough so that when you watch a movie, military uniforms are always worn incorrectly. They cannot portray it correctly, lest they break federal law.

The photo is likely fake. But I am certainly interested to hear what others think.

s&f

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Do some research first

This photo apperas on numerous UFO websites with a caption attributed to "Alan Lewis" which states "While cleaning out his house, I ran across the attached photo. If you look in the bottom right hand corner of the 'container', there is an Area 51 badge. I can't provide any proof that this is a genuine photo, however, the original didn't look faked to me.”

In fact, the "alien" in Koi Alien Photo 10 is a prop produced by Don Post (apparently dubbed by many as "The Godfather of Halloween" most famous for creating rubber masks for commercial sale and use in movies - including the Star Wars and Halloween film series), as discussed below.

The photograph was taken at the "Aliens: Worlds of Possibilities" exhibition developed by the Pacific Science Center, which opened in Seattle in 1998 and has been traveling the country ever since. The Manager of Exhibt Development of the Pacific Science Center was kind enough to generously answer a few questions I posed to her about the photograph back in 2007, including:

(1) Stating that the "alien" was purchased for $160 in 1997 at a local party supply store.
(2) Indicating that, prior to my email in 2007, the Pacific Science Center was unaware that a photo of their alien was being used as "evidence" of extraterrestrial life.
(3) Stating that the relevant exhibit was designed with a chain link fence/corrugated metal fence surrounding the space so visitors could not get near the case. This caused her to suggest that the individual in the photo may have been someone would have had access to the set before it was completed and sealed off from the public. Her comments also included the following:

Here is an in depth analysis.

Koi Alien Photo 10

Not only did he stumble across the image he managed to get one years later in color and with a young boy!

edit on 9/5/13 by Quantum_Squirrel because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   

It's not so new...

..., but neither does it seem to have been debunked.

Yeah, it has actually.

part of Pacific Science Center's exibition titled "Aliens: Worlds of Possibilities", which started in Seattle in 1998.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Hi alfa1,

Thanks for that, that was so fast.

Man, there are going to be a lot of disappointed people on those exo-politics forums.

edit on 9-5-2013 by Bybyots because:

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
It's even been taken in the same room as I just noticed from the back drop, why oh why do we have hoaxers? There's absolutely no point in pushing this stuff as being real

Thanx to those in the know over this photo, much obliged and I did say it could be a hoax

edit on 9-5-2013 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Gotta love ATS. I had never seen that photo either.
Bring it here and the truth comes out quick.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Here is an old photo of an alien autopsy well 5 mins old!!

From here

The first picture is just a couple of minutes in a photo editor thats the problem now what's real or fake!

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quantum_Squirrel

In fact, the "alien" in Koi Alien Photo 10 is a prop produced by Don Post (apparently dubbed by many as "The Godfather of Halloween" most famous for creating rubber masks for commercial sale and use in movies - including the Star Wars and Halloween film series), as discussed below.

The photograph was taken at the "Aliens: Worlds of Possibilities" exhibition developed by the Pacific Science Center, which opened in Seattle in 1998 and has been traveling the country ever since. The Manager of Exhibt Development of the Pacific Science Center was kind enough to generously answer a few questions I posed to her about the photograph back in 2007, including:

Here is an in depth analysis.

Koi Alien Photo 10

If anyone needs more information on this photo than is currently posted on my (draft) website at the link Quantum_Squirrel gave above, just let me know.

I haven't had the time in the last couple of years to upload all my notes on various "alien" photos. I've got a couple of hundred more pages typed up on the more commonly discussed examples of such photos, which I'll probably get around to finishing uploading, mmm, after I retire...

edit on 10-5-2013 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 05:15 AM
link   

why oh why do we have hoaxers? There's absolutely no point in pushing this stuff as being real

the reason is that when good stuff comes to light people will just go with hoax.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

Thanks for the info on the doll.

From your site I thought this sums up best how it came to be in the exhibition:
in the Debunking Area

This fake alien is in a section of our exhibition about debunking UFO’s. In the normal layout of the show it is staged near a section showing numerous Hollywood images of aliens, illustrating the real power of aliens as marketing tools. There is also a news clip about someone who thought they captured video of an alien craft while filming a music video. The clip shows the process of how the footage was investigated and later proved to be an insect flying through the scene. There are also photos of famous UFO images that were later debunked. The Debunking Area is usually followed by a timeline of space exploration showing all of the research activity conducted throughout the last several decades, with no resulting hard evidence of extraterrestrial beings.

Its really disheartening some people choose to pass this off as evidence when they knew full well it was just a doll.
It always looked fake to me. Especially with the light making its skin have a sheen to it. The 'skin' has no texture.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by maryhinge

why oh why do we have hoaxers? There's absolutely no point in pushing this stuff as being real

the reason is that when good stuff comes to light people will just go with hoax.

Well that's due to the whole nature of this subject, more often than not, it is a hoax by whomever for whatever reasons. A hoax is probably one of the best forms of disinformation available to those wishing to cover up the reality of the situation

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I'm afraid it's a fake

edit on 10/5/2013 by ProphetZoroaster because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Loved the pic of many little alien corpses.

I was coming on to say that in the early days of Roswell's Alien gold rush (1990's), they had that same encapsulated prop. Standing right up next to it, the BS is clear. They didn't pitch it as a real alien, just cashed in on the UFO history.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

It's not so new...

..., but neither does it seem to have been debunked.

Yeah, it has actually.

part of Pacific Science Center's exibition titled "Aliens: Worlds of Possibilities", which started in Seattle in 1998.

I didn't realize they gave top secret clearance to kids these days?

Damn ATS for ruining another good story with reality.

edit on 10-5-2013 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join