It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you ever....?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Back when I was in high school, during my senior year I had a strange occurance happen to me and it has not happened since. We had six classes a day. My brain woke up in third hour. I had no recollection of the earlier part of the day and when I came to it felt like a train hit me. I was disoriented. Due to other witnesses I was able to piece together the day but never regained any memories of the first 5 hours of my day. My mom said I got up as usual, took a shower, got dressed, and left. I drove my freshman brother and picked up my best friend Tiffany. Tiffany did mention I was quiet all morning but she didn't think anything of it until I said something to her. She was in my third hour. She was also in my first hour and said that I had taken a test. That got me worried. I did get an "A" on it, I found out later. Everyone I asked just said I was a bit quiet. I did not speak unless spoken to and gave pretty much only one word answers. I was not a conversationalist as I usually am.

It was like my conscious mind was turned off and I was running only on subconscious however I would think I would say things I would not normally say if that was the case.

Has anyone had this happen? Any explanations?

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I do the same thing... Except its only after I've had a little bit too much to drink, and if I do black out, I NEVER remember anything from then, but from what I hear I'm the most polite (not joking) person in the world when I'm tipsy.

But this is the first time I've ever heard of something like that happening without the aid of mind altering substances... You're not taking any sort of medication or anything are you?

It sounds almost like sleep walking, except only your body functions on a "drone mode." Going about the daily routine in exactly the same order as you always do.

I believe it was Stephen King who wrote: "Hell is repitition."

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Yes, this is something that happens that's kind of like sleep-walking. The best story I have was from my father who served on a carrier. He said during wartime the drills were every morning around 5am where most of the time deck gunners woke up in the turret seat of their guns. His term for it was 'being on auto-pilot'. From what I understand, a lot of people who have driving/machine-operating occupations have experienced it a few times. Kind of scary, but not much you can do about it if you're not a coffee drinker. This explains why I started drinking coffee in 11th grade. Maybe that's why I'm so screwed up

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 10:25 AM
link   
It only happened the one time and it scared the hell out of me. I was not on any medications. I woke up mentally, 5 hours after my body woke up.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I went to a party once and this dude gave me half a hit of blotter, the next thing I knew I 'came to' and I was standing in a store with a case of beer under one arm. I must have been acting wierd or something because the guy behind the counter took a look a bewildered look at me and asked, "where the hell have you been buddy?" All I could think to do was ask him what time it was, and he informed that I wasn't going to buying that beer. Somehow I had lost track of five hours completely, which was odd cause I was a pretty experienced pyschonaut at the time and I don't recall the dosage being that potent. But yeah, i guess I could say I have experienced similar phenomina.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Yep, I've done this too, and I had a history of sleep-walking prior to this.

What many don't realize is that you can be sleep-walking, even with your eyes wide-open and being seemingly awake. I only had one really severe episode, when I actually drove to school, took a test, and then drove home after a few hours. I had stayed home originally as I was ill, but then sleep-walked, drove to school, then back. When waking, I thought I dreamt it, until I went to school the next day, and asked for my makeup work. The teacher explained I was there, and even showed me my test (another A
)!!! Talk about Twilight Zone.... Oddly enough, I haven't sleep-walked again after this (at least not that I know of, hehe....) I now sleep pretty much like the dead.

A buddy of mine, a few of us were crashing there, as it was late and the drive was far, once sleep-walked like this too. He also had a history of it. So, it's like 2am, and he comes out, butt-naked, and says, "I love you guys", and proceeds to walk out the door. Well, we thought it was a gag, so we let him go, then after a few minutes, we went out after him. We couldn't find him. We roamed around for about 20 minutes or so, then came back to the apartment. He was again soundly asleep in his bed...weird #, hehe....

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 10:51 AM
link   
i used to do stuff like that all the time. One time i woke up went to school went home and couldnt remember if i had gone to school, i hated school so much that i block nearly the whole day and i couldnt remember going to school. I was so bored that i ignored everything around me...maybe you didnt breathe enough in your sleep and your brain messed up...maybe the government zapped your brain with radio waves to make you a zombie by mistake...maybe it was aliens...maybe it was the NWO (ends the sarcastic stupidity)...maybe you just had a 5hr brain fart

new topics

top topics

join