It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which animals are you scared of-and why?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

those Japanese hornets look pretty bad.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Little dogs. They have sharp teeth and can be far more aggressive than their larger counter part.
I was mauled by a little dog as a kid and have scars on my stomach from it.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

Hi calstorm,you know the only dog that ever bit me,was a tiny little Yorkie cross.My friend and i were walking home from school,it was laying on the porch of the house where it lived-and for no reason,just ran up to us and bit me on the ankle.The single most vicious dog we ever had,was a little Fox Terrier-she adored our Great Dane,but even he was wary of her.Sometimes the little ones are more aggressive than the large dogs,and those l'il teeth are like hypodermic needles

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   

It would be interesting to see the primates, they are about the only group of animals that I haven't witnessed in the wild. I don't think I would like living near them though either. Living with wildlife brings some interesting challenges and rewards.

Intelligent animals are great to observe, but they definitely bring extra issues along with them. Case in point, last year a bear cub knocked over a freezer of ours just to check it out. They only pulled the food out and scattered it about. I had many packages of fish with just a couple of tooth holes in them. It wasn't hungry, only curious. Luckily it was a new freezer with just a few things in it. Everything else on the property is boxed in and or locked up for that reason.

*Thanks, bigfatfurrytexan made it for me in the Avatar creations thread a while back!

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Spiders...

Pretty common one I guess, but they used to terrify the # out of me for a long time. I kind of like them now, and will always spare their lives (when I was a kid there was NO MERCY lol). They are just so #ing freaky though, it's really not cool how they walk or move, how they look, how they act, their method of killing, everything about them is just highly avoidable lol. It was always more of a natural fear though, there wasn't a specific event that made me hate them - just a biological imprint I guess like it is for many others.

My mum, her mum and dad and her sister are all absolutely TERRIFIED of snakes though. It is absolutely hilarious lol, not ONE of them can even LOOK at a snake, they have to turn away straight away if its on the TV or throw the newspaper down instantly if it cheekily pops up xD. This was of course the basis for many of me and my little sisters pranks on my mum growing up!

The funny thing is, it was originally my grandmother who had the fear of the snakes which eventually rubbed off on my grandfather (who wasn't previously scared) and then my mum and aunt never really had a choice in the matter because from an early age they would of observed my grandmothers reaction to snakes lol.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by DazDaKing

Hi Daz,yeah i think its the way spiders Look that causes most of the fear and aversion-why does anything need that many legs?? I bet if they had 4 or 6 legs,and came in glorious colors-hardly anyone would mind them being near.I find the huge ones,like the rainspiders icky,because of the size+the long legs,but i dont fear them at all.Now the itty-bitty ones,like recluses or widows,i Do fear,specially recluses.I couldn'nt post an injury from a recluse bite here,because of t+c against gore,and i don't blame the mods one l'il bit,google "brown recluse bites pics"-some who had been bit,look like victims of road accidents-but don't google it before brekky,lunch or dinner! I actually like non-poisonous snakes,they're really cool critters-like living stressballs,to handle them.Black Mambas are a very realistic Big Fear-should be called the Killyouquick Mamba,really.Aggressive too.Adder bites are truly nasty too.My daughter found one curled up in our washroom one evening,it was her chore to feed the dogs.There were 5 or 6 thin wooden poles propped up against the wall,and it was laying next to them.So the hubby+my daughter are standing there,looking at this Puff Adder,and doing nothing.I grabbed the nearest pole+pulverised it sharp-sharp. I HATE it that its always the poisonous ones that come into my house! Why can't it ever be something non-lethal,so i can get a free pet:-)?

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Hey Raxoxane =]

I agree with you about the size of them, I don't find larger spiders like tarantula's or huntsman type spiders as particularly scary or nasty looking. It really is the smaller ones, that could be on you at any time, and move rapidly and commonly have the more dangerous poison. If they came in multiple colours though I think I'd be even more terrified LOL! That would just make me think it was out of this world poisonous hah!

Just googled the Brown Recluse bite pictures, I must say I've seen some of these before and it is horrendous. It's crazy that such a little thing packs the venomous punch to cause NECROSIS in our skin! That's just mental, imagine if you got bit all over by these things?! You'd be dead within days I presume

I'm glad I don't live in a place where I come across these things though, it's crazy thinking you have poisonous snakes and spiders coming in and out of your house! I wouldn't be able to take my eyes off my child lol.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join