It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What exactly was "covered up" in Benghazi?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   

What exactly was "covered up" in Benghazi?

I sure hope the corpses were covered up! Otherwise there is this rancid smell that makes you not want to attend the funeral.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

And as far as transcripts, Google them, they're splattered over the net.

Oh, I see...so you really don't have the information you claim is "explosive testimony".

Are you sure you watched it?

Why is it so hard for you just to provide the information you are claiming is in this testimony instead of sending people on wild goose chases?

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by DistantRumor

And as far as transcripts, Google them, they're splattered over the net.

Oh, I see...so you really don't have the information you claim is "explosive testimony".

Are you sure you watched it?

Why is it so hard for you just to provide the information you are claiming is in this testimony instead of sending people on wild goose chases?

No. I watched the whistleblower testimony live. I didn't read transcripts, but if you want those they are easily accessible.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Look at the big picture. The whole system is screwed up and there is no innocent parties involved in this thing. You cannot blame Obama for anything other than a temporary coverup. Seems like everyone is doing the coverup thing and shifting blame. The whole thing is a distraction, a way of polarizing our society.

Soldiers die all the time for our country. Police officers die all the time in the line of duty. Firefighters die often to help protect us. These people also do not get adequate funding many times to insure their safety. Their deaths never get this much attention. Why is a politicians or delegates life worth more discussion than these people.

They are more interested in their own kinds protection than in the protection of regular people.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   

No. I watched the whistleblower testimony live. I didn't read transcripts, but if you want those they are easily accessible.

Ok, so paraphrase for those that didn't watch the testimony...what was so explosive that it is going to cause Obama to resign?

You seem so passionate and excited about it...but so reluctant to share it with others, that just seems odd.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Its funny how obviously political the GOP is making this. They dont care about finding the truth. They just want to discredit the dems next election cycle. And you GOP peons are acting your part pefectly. There is no evidence of a cover up whatsoever, but you firmly beleive a cover up has taken place because your god, foxnews has used the words "cover up" about 10,000 times now. Keep on drinkin that kool-aid.

BTW, i am not a democrat, nor do I like the Obama administration. Just a guy that calls it as I see it, social engineering.
edit on 10-5-2013 by theconspirator because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by cholo

You play on Obama's speach is ridiculous. No where in that speach did he directly relate what happened in Benghazi to terrorist attacks. There is overwhelming evidence that Obama and his cronies used the youtube video as a reason for the attacks. Overwhelmingly that excuse was proven to be false.

Here is what Obama said in his speach.

"Of course, yesterday was already a painful day for our nation as we marked the solemn memory of the 9/11 attacks.  We mourned with the families who were lost on that day.  I visited the graves of troops who made the ultimate sacrifice in Iraq and Afghanistan at the hallowed grounds of Arlington Cemetery, and had the opportunity to say thank you and visit some of our wounded warriors at Walter Reed.  And then last night, we learned the news of this attack in Benghazi. As Americans, let us never, ever forget that our freedom is only sustained because there are people who are willing to fight for it, to stand up for it, and in some cases, lay down their lives for it.  Our country is only as strong as the character of our people and the service of those both civilian and military who represent us around the globe.No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation, alter that character, or eclipse the light of the values that we stand for.  Today we mourn four more Americans who represent the very best of the United States of America.  We will not waver in our commitment to see that justice is done for this terrible act.  And make no mistake, justice will be done."

And here is his speach in front of the UN while the whole world is watching.

www.youtube.com...

Over and over again it was said the attacks was by protesters due to the youtube video. It has been proven that the attacks was from organised terrorists.

Pladuim

edit on 10-5-2013 by Pladuim because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by DistantRumor

Again.. I never said anything would "cause" Obama to resign. I said Obama "SHOULD" resign. He doesn't have the honor that Nixon did. I just corrected that a few posts ago, so what's the purpose behind misquoting me? And the "explosive" testimony was that the administration repeatedly lied and threatened the whistleblowers. They purposely pushed a false narrative to protect a reelection bid.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
The main stream media is now weighing in on the matter

This from ABC news

Exclu sive: Benghazi Talking Points Underwent 12 Revisions, Scrubbed of Terror Reference

'White House emails reviewed by ABC News suggest the edits were made with extensive input from the State Department. The edits included requests from the State Department that references to the Al Qaeda-affiliated group Ansar al-Sharia be deleted as well references to CIA warnings about terrorist threats in Benghazi in the months preceding the attack.

That would appear to directly contradict what White House Press Secretary Jay Carney said about the talking points in November.'

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
So, Saint Hillary didn't want terrorist references included.

She had the talking points edited also so the CIA alerts about potential violence were deleted.

Why would she do that?

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Again.. I never said anything would "cause" Obama to resign. I said Obama "SHOULD" resign. He doesn't have the honor that Nixon did. I just corrected that a few posts ago, so what's the purpose behind misquoting me? And the "explosive" testimony was that the administration repeatedly lied and threatened the whistleblowers. They purposely pushed a false narrative to protect a reelection bid.

Oh really...direct proof that Obama lied?

But of course, you can't seem to find any transcripts that corroborate that, huh?

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   

But of course, you can't seem to find any transcripts that corroborate that, huh?

Here ya go, straight from the mans mouth comes the lie. Pay close attention.

www.youtube.com...

Pladuim

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pladuim

www.youtube.com...

Pladuim

You do know what a "lie" is, right?

Prove that what he said was a "lie" and not just the best information they had at the time...as the CIA intel confrms.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pladuim

www.youtube.com...

Pladuim

You do know what a "lie" is, right?

Prove that what he said was a "lie" and not just the best information they had at the time...as the CIA intel confrms.

This speach was on Sept. 25, 2 weeks after the attack. You can't tell me he didn't know better.

Now how can we trust those CIA reports after learning this.

abcnews.go.com...

Pladuim

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
First they denied that requests were made before the fact for extra security. Then when the attack came on the 11th anniversary of 9-11 they ordered special forces troops preparing to deploy to the scene to "stand down" (Gen Hamm was even relieved of command for attempting to organize a rescue attempt after the first stand down order). Finally the speculated "real reason" for the attack (to eliminate loose ends on the transfer of surface to air missiles to the the syrian rebels who were also "terrorists" on our books) has been kept under wraps.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Do you really want to know what the cover-up is?

Well here's my take on it, I think that those responsible for cutting our security funding of foreign outposts knew that these cuts would lead to some bad outcomes. Nevertheless, their need to make the President look weak during an election year, (remember he was to be a one term POTUS) overcame their moral duty to protect americans abroad and they did it anyway. Now that their actions have directly lead to the deaths of American diplomats, they are scrambling to place the blame on anyone other than themselves.

Jon Stewart paints a pretty clear picture in this video;

You might also want to check out the new "Right Wing Trolling Alert System" here;

soundcloud.com...

It's audio, so just click on the link and hit the play button. Enjoy!
edit on 10-5-2013 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Huh?? For two weeks Obama was declaring that the attack was from protests that erupted from a YouTube video and we know now that the admin knew from the first hour of the attack that it was terrorism and there never was a protest.

If that isn't a lie nothing is!

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   

That is blatantly false. It's now known that the CIA Intel was scrubbed of any info about terrorism and altered to push the admin's narrative that it was protests erupting from outrage over a YouTube video. The State Department changed the known information prior to Ambassador Rice's propaganda mission on the Sunday talk shows. ABC news is even affirming this now. See the post above.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Progressives don't care about the truth.

Progressives don't care about what is right.

Progressives only care about furthering an agenda led by Obama. They will dilute, obfuscate, detract, deflect any and all evidence that would illustrate that this administration is not above sacrificing the lives of people to further their political agenda.

It is nauseating to watch.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Huh?? For two weeks Obama was declaring that the attack was from protests that erupted from a YouTube video and we know now that the admin knew from the first hour of the attack that it was terrorism and there never was a protest.

If that isn't a lie nothing is!

Actually, Obama called it an act of terrorism on day one, a fact that Romney was alerted to during the debates.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

More than an hour into the debate, an undecided voter in the town hall forum asked the president about the recent attack in Libya that killed Ambassador Christopher Stevens and three additional Americans.

When Romney responded to the question, he charged that it took Obama days to call the Benghazi attack an act of terror. Obama called the incident an "act of terror" during his remarks on September 12, just one day after the tragedy.

Furthermore, there are many occasions in law enforcement where the police don't let on about certain facts they know about a case in order to aid in their investigation. Sometimes, even to the point of making up alternate scenarios for the release to the general public. I'm sure that the same is true when it comes to fighting terrorism and anyone who thinks otherwise is either quite naive or just plain ignorant.

For us, (the general public) to think that we are always entitled to every bit of known information on subjects like this would be like us thinking that because fire trucks get to run red lights, so should we.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join