It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Great song mash ups! James Brown vs Led Zep.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Hi, just wanted to share this

Yes I know, I'm a purist too when it comes to covers or remixes of classic songs such as Sex Machine or ANY song by Led Zeppellin, (Yes I realize Led Zep covered a lot of old blues songs too)
Still, somehow the dj (Fissunix) made the songs click together, and I found this to be a really well made piece of remixing/mashup, that would definately make me move on the dancefloor

hope some will enjoy as well,

anyone know of other great song mashups?

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by athousandlives

I Love this one.. 2 of my favorites in Spirit and in Music.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   

How the hell does that mix together so well! Can't wait see if there's any more posted. Start and flag sir

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
In the first video, the beat comes from Run DMC's remix of Aerosmith's Walk this Way...

So it's like 4 bands in one

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
This one is pretty weird but oddly good. Metallica Vs Stevie Wonder

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 04:41 AM
link   
One of my favorite mash-ups!
Whole Lotta Sabbath (Led Zeppelin vs Black Sabbath Mash-up)

Enjoy!

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

Nice one!

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolfetone

Haha, weird indeed, but nicely done!

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by waveydavey

Ok, so Whole Lotta Love goes well with a whole lotta songs,

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Now this is what I call awesome. I love mash ups in music. Because of both the creativity of the creators and the songs themselves. So fun to listen to for every occasion.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I've just been looking at mash-ups....

Lily allen/littlest hobo

Abba/van halen

a crazy little thing called rehab

And finally, Billie jean on the storm

Tfw.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Just Last year I came across the same mashup you posted in the op. I was like flabbergasted and have spent quite some time looking for more epic mashups. I've found some really bad ones, unbelievable weird maybe astounding ones and some hilarious ones as well. You just made me flip through my collection to select a few.

Now here is a combination that got me popping my eyes. Slayer verses Queen. Now that wont work... ever!

Oke maybe it will...

It seems those dj's are aiming to mix together the most unlikely stuff to show off their skills, but I suspect that it can only be pulled off when there is an intimate love for music.

In my hunger for more mash-ups I encountered this little gem. No dj mixing but actual performers mashing it up. I think this one deserves a spot in my little list.

Ending with a hilarious one:

There are a whole lot of epic mash-ups out there. S&F.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by D.Wolf

Good ones there!
That Queen/Slayer one is crazily well put together I have to say!
And the last one is what I would imagine RATM would sound like in an alternate, 70's funky universe

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Damn, now there's a universe I would like to trip and fall into someday. I have a ratsm 60's one lurking somewhere, but haven't found it yet. The problem with these mashups is that I can't speedflip through them. I keep listening all the way and that isn't helping finding specific ones.
I just stumbled across this one.

There are a huge number of Michael mash-ups, but so far this seems to be the only one I have taken the trouble of downloading.

I can guess why.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by D.Wolf

check out DJ Lobsterdust if you haven't already,

And this one I'm not sure who made it, but I found it pretty interesting, love the cure and gorillaz

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 04:21 AM
link   
That last one is featured by someone called Kofic on Soundcload (Some awesome mashes (and other shaait) to find there.) I like that one. It fits rather good annnd I like gorillaz. Them cool and stuff.

I will see into that dj from the first two. He seems to get his stuff together and I believe I have not encountered his work yet. Always good to get some new links to look into.

Must be on topic and that is answering the question if I know some more good mashups.. Damn those board rules!

here's a mash between Billy Jeol's Big shot and The Jackson 5 with I want you back. Made by Voicedude (Mashin jackson)

edit on 21/1/14 by D.Wolf because: link repair

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by D.Wolf

Wow, that is pretty good! Thanks, like it much better than the Jackson 5 song alone.

This one I literally just found 5 minutes ago in my recommended youtube videos, and went straight up on my mashups list.
2 of my favorite 60s and 70s bands mashed up,

edit on 22/1/14 by athousandlives because: (no reason given)

edit on 22/1/14 by athousandlives because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 12:54 AM
link   

athousandlives
reply to post by D.Wolf

Wow, that is pretty good! Thanks, like it much better than the Jackson 5 song alone.

This one I literally just found 5 minutes ago in my recommended youtube videos, and went straight up on my mashups list.
2 of my favorite 60s and 70s bands mashed up,

"I got blisters on my fingers!"
You can close this thread now. You just posted the all time number one mashup just there. Anything beyond this is just for fun.

But hey, I've still got some fun lying around.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolfetone

I can only say there are only a few notes that create all of the music ever written. Some of it runs pure parallels alongside other seemingly dis-similar songs!

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by D.Wolf

Haha, that one is just as awesome, thanks!

top topics

join