It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The racist mindset of liberals, black or white

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

Your racist according to your own OP. Choose your words a bit more wisely next time. Although the title of the thread would make me think you didn't think much before writing this.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Reparations have already been dealt through the blood of hundreds of thousands. The lefties like to say how evil the white man is, but at the same time ignore the sacrifice many young men paid for that evil. The blood of our ancestors that once chained men was spilled in payment to remove the shackles. If that isn't enough, nothing ever will be so the argument for reparations is null and void.

Approximately 620,000 soldiers died from combat, accident, starvation, and disease during the Civil War. This number comes from an 1889 study of the war performed by William F. Fox and Thomas Leonard Livermore. Both men fought for the Union. Their estimate is derived from an exhaustive study of the combat and casualty records generated by the armies over five years of fighting. A recent study puts the number of dead as high as 850,000.

www.civilwar.org...

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by GenerationGap

The civil war was not about freeing the slaves.

The north and south were in disagreement over the expansion of industry and agriculture.

The south wanted to expand agriculture, the north wanted to expand industry. The freeing of the slaves was done in order to stop the expansion of the south and to spread federal control, which the southern democrats were apposed to. The southern states wanted to be independent from the north.

They didn't free the slaves because they were apposed to slavery, they did it in order to force the south to join the union. The south was devastated by the war economically. which is a method still used today to force countries to assimilate to the global economy.

It's really all about economy, not racism. Most slaves freed themselves during the confusion of the war. They also didn't gain the same rights as white citizens until the 1960's.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoJoker13

Your racist according to your own OP. Choose your words a bit more wisely next time. Although the title of the thread would make me think you didn't think much before writing this.

Are you able to specifically point out my 'racist' phrases that are mentioned in the OP?

Thanks

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK
reply to post by GenerationGap

The civil war was not about freeing the slaves.

The north and south were in disagreement over the expansion of industry and agriculture.

The south wanted to expand agriculture, the north wanted to expand industry. The freeing of the slaves was done in order to stop the expansion of the south and to spread federal control, which the southern democrats were apposed to. The southern states wanted to be independent from the north.

They didn't free the slaves because they were apposed to slavery, they did it in order to force the south to join the union. The south was devastated by the war economically. which is a method still used today to force countries to assimilate to the global economy.

It's really all about economy, not racism. Most slaves freed themselves during the confusion of the war. They also didn't gain the same rights as white citizens until the 1960's.

The Civil War resulted from disagreements about the expansion of agriculture-through slavery-, and the North felt that this was wrong according to the Constitution...thus, Republicans created the 13th, 14th and 15th Amendments.

Yes, economy by the slave industry, which enslaved a group of people because of their race.

The Democrats were outraged at the outlaw of slavery, and created the Ku Klux Klan as a terrorist group to frighten newly voting blacks to vote Democrat.

More accurately, vote Democrat or Die.

The same slogan is made today during election time by the Democratic party: "Vote or Die".

edit on 11-5-2013 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by RobbieK
You'll be a true friend if you both get out at the end of that with smiles on your faces. I'm across the pond, so don't really have a knowledge of the history. I got educated on the important parts that affected the world as a whole. And being Scottish, I'm so white, I'm pretty much blue. Studying in Cambridge, a multi-cultural city, I acquired many friends from all over the globe. And most of them had the opinion of your friend, especially my black and Asian friends. At first meeting them in my very first semester, without any of them knowing me, because I'm Scottish I was instantly labelled racist. I've never had a racist bone in my body. And that's growing up in an area of Scotland where I was more or less taught to hate Roman Catholics because I'm Protestant.

Thank God I grew up with a proper head on my shoulders, and I hold no resentment to any religion, race or sex. Never will and never have. To this day I keep in touch with many of my University friends, most of which are black and Muslim. It wasn't till they got to know me that they realised, and said so themselves, they're just reflecting on what they were taught and led to believe.

I've asked the same question as you OP several times when a very similar discussion came up, very uncomfortable discussions, what one person can there be to apologise? And forgive my ignorance to say, there must be non-racist whites in the States, having voted in a black president. That's my initial opinion of today. I've experienced racism from the other side of the fence, and ended up being friends with most of the instigators.

Apologies if my reply has come off topic, I just felt I had to say my little piece that relates to your story.
Thank you for sharing.

Not forgetting the fact that many Scottish people were forcibly evicted from their own country by the Highland Clearances - the chieftains / lords who owned the land, were encouraged to sell up by English merchants in the South of England and move down South. In turn whole villages were deported to Australia, New Zealand and other countries.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie
I reminded her that it was Democrats who created Ku Klux Klan...and that it is the same party that perpetuates the same racism she is spewing today.

You need to check your history.

The KKK was started by confederate soldiers, not politicians.

Also the democrats WERE republicans at that time. Democrat and republic are basically the same thing, representative democracy. The original democratic party was started by republicans, they called themselves republicans even when the party was called the Democrat-Republican Party . The democratic party we know today split from the original Democrat-Republican Party.

So in reality they were republicans, not the democrats of today, who were apposed to freeing slaves.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Yes, economy by the slave industry, which enslaved a group of people because of their race.

No it wasn't because of their race, it was done purely for economic reasons. They would have enslaved everybody if they could have. It was capitalist land owners who wanted cheap labour for their farms. Farms still hire the cheapest labour possible today like illegal immigrants.

Racism started with colonialism. It is a capitalist problem, which created the racial problem.

"We're all just 'n-word's to the rulers of this land" Penny Rimbaud

The Democrats were outraged at the outlaw of slavery, and created the Ku Klux Klan as a terrorist group to frighten newly voting blacks to vote Democrat.

The KKK was started by confederate soldiers, not the democrat party. The southern democrats supported expansion of agriculture, which included expansion of slavery, but the North didn't want the south to expand and used racism as the excuse to start the war. Just like all wars it was about capitalist expansion, and competition, which used racism as the excuse to justify it.

They are doing the same thing now in the Middle East, except now they use religion as the excuse.

All governments do this, no matter what they call themselves. Government is government, none of them are innocent.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   

As long as intelligent people like yourself are out there and fighting the good fight of truth and not politically skewed hatred then there is hope...............and that is the first time I have said anything about hope in a very long time.

A star and a flag for you ButterCookie................nice name.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Comments

edit on 9-5-2013 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

Okay, since you asked. About 7 years ago I was dating a "progressive" leftist and me being a staunch libertarian, she got to asking me about why I didn't like government, specifically focusing on the welfare aspect of government. And after informing her of my position, she said that I was racist.
I was confused as to how she could say that until she explained and exposed herself as the racist. She told me that if I was against welfare, then I was against minorities, because minorities needed welfare to keep up with whites.

edit on 11-5-2013 by exlibertateveritas because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   

We are both black women.
Whites
Whites
white
whites
At what point will people (racist liberals)
BLACK african kings
blacks
white republicans

Summarized... If you refer to people by the color of their skin and not their actual nationality that is racist. If you also refer to an entire party as being racist that is also racist since you can't be positive that everyone in said party shares the same ideology. Unless you've personally interviewed every liberal in the country and came to this conclusion on facts. By the by everyone is racist in some way shape or form, but I'm sure most don't admit to it. So your statement is like a KKK member stating that he hates all BLACKS because they smell bad, except in your case remove BLACKS and insert LIBERALS.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Battleline
As long as intelligent people like yourself are out there and fighting the good fight of truth and not politically skewed hatred then there is hope...............and that is the first time I have said anything about hope in a very long time.

Making everything about race is not intelligent.

Can't you see the irony of the OP's claims?

OP must be a liberal by her own definition. Everything the OP says is race-baiting.

Making a sweeping statement like liberals are more racist is ridiculous. How can anyone make that claim. I am not a liberal btw, so I am not defending anyone. I wouldn't be as stupid to make such a sweeping statement that cannot be supported by evidence. The OP obviously doesn't understand what racism is.

Are whites that support benefits for minorities (whatever that is, they get no more than anyone else), racist against whites or blacks? The OP's claim doesn't make sense. Racism is when a "race" is discriminated against.
Giving minorities something is not discrimination, white liberal guilt maybe. You could claim whites are being discriminated against, but that would just be silly.

But having said all that I don't really see how minorities get anymore than anyone else. Yes there are more minorities on welfare percentage wise, because they are the working class in America, and working class jobs have all been outsourced. Minorities have always been the last to hire and the first to fire. The lower classes always suffer the most in a depression, natural or created by outsourcing to cheaper labour markets.

America is no longer a manufacturing country.

Today there are fewer manufacturing employees than in 1955, and over the past 20 years 6.4 million manufacturing jobs have been lost. These figures are a grim reminder that America can no longer manufacture competitively.

American Manufacturing Can No Longer Compete

Unless Americans change their attitude, and wake up to what is happening your economy is going to fail. Without manufacturing all you're doing is moving money around.

edit on 5/11/2013 by ANOK because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoJoker13

We are both black women.
Whites
Whites
white
whites
At what point will people (racist liberals)
BLACK african kings
blacks
white republicans

Summarized... If you refer to people by the color of their skin and not their actual nationality that is racist. If you also refer to an entire party as being racist that is also racist since you can't be positive that everyone in said party shares the same ideology. Unless you've personally interviewed every liberal in the country and came to this conclusion on facts. By the by everyone is racist in some way shape or form, but I'm sure most don't admit to it. So your statement is like a KKK member stating that he hates all BLACKS because they smell bad, except in your case remove BLACKS and insert LIBERALS.

OMG....I wish you would have truly read the OP.

I was quoting the friend of whom I was arguing with. SHE made the statements that Whites...whites...whites...

If you read the OP, you would have gathered this information, and saw that I was upset, being completely disgusted by her blatant racism....

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by exlibertateveritas

Comments

Okay, since you asked. About 7 years ago I was dating a "progressive" leftist and me being a staunch libertarian, she got to asking me about why I didn't like government, specifically focusing on the welfare aspect of government. And after informing her of my position, she said that I was racist.
I was confused as to how she could say that until she explained and exposed herself as the racist. She told me that if I was against welfare, then I was against minorities, because minorities needed welfare to keep up with whites.

edit on 11-5-2013 by exlibertateveritas because: (no reason given)

I can totally relate.

That is also what happened in that argument with the friend..she started off by saying that anyone who was not democratic and liberal were racist, and that she didn't believe that white people could not be racist...

and that's when she was exposed as the real racist.

And yes, she also stated minorities needed welfare to keep up with whites. That is a racist statement in itself, since it implies their automatic inadequacy.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Battleline

A star and a flag for you ButterCookie................nice name.

Thanks

And the circular, fallacy-filled argument grew more difficult to listen to.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   

I reminded her that it was Democrats who created Ku Klux Klan...and that it is the same party that perpetuates the same racism she is spewing today.

Also the democrats WERE republicans at that time. Democrat and republic are basically the same thing, representative democracy. The original democratic party was started by republicans, they called themselves republicans even when the party was called the Democrat-Republican Party . The democratic party we know today split from the original Democrat-Republican Party.

So in reality they were republicans, not the democrats of today, who were apposed to freeing slaves.

Please refer me to a link about how the Democrat's were Republicans and at what time are you referring.

Thanks ahead of time.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   

The Democrats were Republican at that time???

Democrats were Democrats and Republicans were Republicans. Please do not attempt to change the history of the political parties.

Yes. The KKK included a group of former Confederate soldiers- Democratic soldiers-with funding assistance by the Democratic Party.

At the time of Ulysses S. Grant's election to the presidency, white supremacists were conducting a reign of terror throughout the South. In outright defiance of the Republican-led federal government, Southern Democrats formed organizations that violently intimidated blacks and Republicans who tried to win political power. The most prominent of these, the Ku Klux Klan, was formed in Pulaski, Tennessee, in 1865. Originally founded as a social club for former Confederate soldiers, the Klan evolved into a terrorist organization. It would be responsible for thousands of deaths, and would help to weaken the political power of Southern blacks and Republicans.

Democratic founding of the KKK
edit on 12-5-2013 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   

I don't like the title of your thread. It reeks of political trolling.

I don't know where you met this woman but she is not representative of all liberals.

P.S- No one denies that the Democrats were once the party of racists. Both parties have shifted tides back and forth.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Uh-huh. Democrats were racist in the past.

Your point?

And did you know that there is a such thing as a conservative Democrat? They're called Dixiecrats or "blue dogs".

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
All these accusations and arguments and so on reminds me of a shootout between outlaws somewhere in the west on a lonely road with big iceberg rocks on its sides.

You can hear the ricocheting words. So many and each one is desperate.

These're special guns that shoot words.

Everybody trying to take out the bad guy and save their hide.

Run for them there hills boys, while I keep em distracted. Hurry! Piiiiiinnnnngggggg. There goes my hat. Luck it was my hat and not my head. The boys aren't running. I said run you guyys!!!!
edit on 12-5-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join