It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The racist mindset of liberals, black or white

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

Be proud of who you are and love yourself. Don't lose a friend because you want to make excuses and rationalize the treatment of blacks by whites for the last 200 years. I do not believe that people today deserve the blame for the atrocities committed yesterday, but I also do not think that history should be revised in some twist that clears whites of almost all blame and wrongdoing and finds even the slaves themselves more at blame for being sold and treated worse than animals.

So do you think blacks should be apologizing to whites for asking for rights and equality in this country when they were sold here fair and square by "their own black kings"?

You will never be white, no matter how strongly you misidentify with black people and want to strip them of their right to historical justice. Your opening post seemed desperate and the whole creation of the thread seemed like it was trying to score points or sloppily gain some sort of acceptance among a specific population.

Those real heavy hitting bullet points of wit that you used to extinguish your friends passion were equal to or less than in terms of value as the "ignorance your friend spewed". They were all smartass retorts. That can't really be you or the best you.

This thread is pure pointless garbage. Shut it down.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Painterz

Originally posted by Wookiep

Weird how a party supposed to be the opposite of Authoritarian seems to want the government to control every aspect of our lives.

Well, is there a liberal party in American politics? I don't think there is. There's two rigid conservative authoritarian parties with barely a hairs breadth between them in terms of their political viewpoints.

Semantics. Today's "Liberals" (in America) are Democrats and anyone who says otherwise is prolly just being a smartass.
edit on 10-5-2013 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Actually white people come in a variety of colors.

I guess there is a rainbow of whiteness rather than just the one beige color.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by LizardSlicks

What rights are blacks denied today?

That is a serious question. In the US, the major civil rights battles were fought in the 1960s by very brave individuals. Now African Americans can purchase any home, anywhere that they can afford. They can go to public schools for free. Affirmative action is alive and well so that any qualified African American can find a job.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
reply to post by LizardSlicks

What rights are blacks denied today?

That is a serious question. In the US, the major civil rights battles were fought in the 1960s by very brave individuals. Now African Americans can purchase any home, anywhere that they can afford. They can go to public schools for free. Affirmative action is alive and well so that any qualified African American can find a job.

Try driving while black in an affluent white neighborhood.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

There was a case recently of a local district attorney, black, who claimed he was stopped for DWB

It was quite interesting.

But seriously, what rights are African Americans denied?

Is it access to schools, public services, housing?

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
reply to post by olaru12

There was a case recently of a local district attorney, black, who claimed he was stopped for DWB

It was quite interesting.

But seriously, what rights are African Americans denied?

Is it access to schools, public services, housing?

Jobs.......if you think affirmative action always works in the job market place you are very very naive.

www.attorneyjulien.com...

Job discrimination works on many levels. I won't hire right wing bigots for my company because we are a multiracial workplace and I don't need anymore problems than we already have with production.

see my signature...
edit on 10-5-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
You have posted a very good conversation and truly reflects the opinions that I have noticed as well.

You can also tell your follower friend that it wasn't just Africans who were enslaved by whites.

Its only in the past 500-600 years or so that slavery was based on race and African was seen as inferior and to be used as a slave which of course I am not in agreement with.

In fact in Roman times Europeans made their fellow Europeans slaves quite frequently. This kind of information will upset your follower friend and make her feel bad and not entitled and not like a victim which would require her to take responsibility

Further, she should go after the offspring of the Africans that sold her ancestors to the whites if she really wants to be real..

Thats the only thing I have to add to your excellent post.

Thanks

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by metalholic

Originally posted by ButterCookie

You probably brought it on yourself which is what I pick up from your op. Especially since I'm very aware that republicans(conservatives) are most generally racist.

Because the republican party represents the farmer/middle class man (Mainly white) and highly christian religious families.

Religious families are not what they project. Most are racist judgmental and dysfunctional while maintaining that they ar e perfect in public view.

I'm not even religious...let me add that.

Racism exist, I am aware of that. My main argument was that liberals tend to perpetuate racism in general.

Yeah I agree racism exists. But not like it used to. It's more confined and controlled now. When you compare to the past.

Look where most republicans live. Racist countys. Sorry but your having trouble looking inward from the inside.

Your stereotyping and sadly proof that most liberals are not racist is Obama.

I guarantee republicans voted for clinton and didn't obama because obama was black. After all no one wanted another term for bush ie mccain so there you go.
edit on 9-5-2013 by metalholic because: (no reason given)

She's stereotyping?? Really? Your the one who's claiming that all white republicans who live in countys are racist. liberal have always grouped blacks together in a group and told them that they are liberal and republicans are racist and if they vote republican then they aren't really black.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildbob77

There is equality as far as rights on paper for blacks and whites, but it is a massive gray area that occupies the reality of it.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
White, liberal, and could not care less about race. Having said that, I do recognize it when I see it and it does still exist - from all points of view. I live in the Atlanta, Georgia area and, sometimes here one can take a step or two and find themselves in an environment that feels much more like 1933 than 2013.

The sooner we all learn to accept and celebrate our differences AND our similarities? The sooner we can take the next step as a civilization.
edit on 5/9/13 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

...I think your quote is point on with one exception: "....the sooner we are allowed to accept......." If the politicos would stop the race baiting maybe the rest of us could get on with getting on.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
There is racism within all races, racism is born out of ignorance, and ignorance doesnt follow the left-right paradigm. As long as there are people there will be ignorance and fear of that which we dont understand or know. Ignorance is not race specific, its species specific, its HUMAN nature. Im a musician in London, I mix with people of all races and hear racism from ALL OF THEM, and most times they dont even realise they are being bigoted.
The mainstream media plays on our ignorance every single day, subliminally guiding public opinion through carefully placed news stories, turning human against human, normally poor against not so poor, so as long as we are fighting among ourselves we are not looking at who is really the enemy.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   

You probably brought it on yourself which is what I pick up from your op. Especially since I'm very aware that republicans(conservatives) are most generally racist.

Because the republican party represents the farmer/middle class man (Mainly white) and highly christian religious families.

Religious families are not what they project. Most are racist judgmental and dysfunctional while maintaining that they ar e perfect in public view.

I'm not even religious...let me add that.

Racism exist, I am aware of that. My main argument was that liberals tend to perpetuate racism in general.

Do they "perpetuate" racism by pointing it out? Is it better if they, as a lot of Conservatives, just pretend as though it doesn't exist?

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Has it occurred to anyone that racist individuals can exist in both democrat and republicans??

Racism is not exclusive to a political party , ideal or religion.

thinking otherwise is what is perpetuating the stupidity in this thread.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxatoria
A lot of the slaves were sold to the slavers by their own people so it was blacks selling blacks for profit such as guns and drink as before when various groups went to war they sold each others captives back to each other and the whiteman turned up and offered a better price

This really needs to be clarified...

Slavery has been around as long as mankind, however, it was the European Transatlantic Slavery which introduced Chattel Slavery where the slaves were considered less than human.

So even IF it were the blacks of one tribe selling blacks of another (also needs be mentioned because contrary to popular belief...Afrika isn't one country of blacks that view themselves as kin) they had no idea the slaves were going to be delegated to nothing more than 2/3rds human.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

I think I've had some discussions here with your friend before.
(Some old time members will probably know what I'm talking about).

The Democrats and Republicans of the past are in NO WAY representative of the Democrats and Republicans of today, so bringing up that whole thing is just stupid. The Republicans who freed the slaves went on to become the Democrats of today. Look into your history a little more before you go down that road.
All your labels and assumptions make me kind of sick.

I'm white and liberal. Please tell your friend that I'm sorry.

That whole deal about the party's "switching' is more democratic excuses to justify their racist history. The parties never switched; the people did, and not all of them. When LBJ created the War on Poverty to continue the long history of blacks dependency on whites (such as in slavery), it duped black people into voting for the Democratic Party. Traditionally blacks were Republican.

Then...

as blacks blindly migrated over into the Democratic party, racists DixieCrats would not be of the same party as blacks, and flocked to the Republican party. So the Republican Party today now includes the racist-minded former Democrats.

The party's never changed.

You just made the point!

The parties didn't switch, but rather the people in the parties. And it's the PEOPLE in the parties who make up the party.

So if the racist people left the Dem party and joined the Rep party...WHY oh WHY would black people want to follow the racist people and continue to support the Republican party?

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nevertheless

The reason why liberalism is even mentioned in the thread/ conversation, is because it is that same liberalism that was pro-slavery and perpetuates the sense of black victim hood, which is unhealthy for the entire world.

How is slavery liberalism?
Please try to understand what you are talking about.

Easily.

Slavery is in institution that goes against the pursuit of liberty- which is a liberal interpretation of the constitution.

Look up the definition of liberal...that should show you the err of your ways...

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I will start off by saying I only read the first page of replies.

To the OP; I am a 23 year old white male. While racism is still existent, I honestly believe my generation has no time for it. Racism has always been known by us, but thought of in regards to the ignorant. We all grew up together. We all played sports together. We all got into trouble together. We judge by character not skin color. We all even joke with each other openly about race.

I can't speak for everyone my age, but this is the general feeling I've got from most people my age. We see racism as an "old" ignorant way of thinking.

I know there will always be racism in the world. It generates from people who feel inferior or threatened. But to shine some light on the topic, I think America's upcoming generations will be a lot more successful in our unity as people as a whole. I mean it's not like we're talking about different species here! Jesus people.

All I have to say to people who still argue about slavery is "lol". If my grandpa murdered yours, should me or my dad go to jail for it?!? I get that there are arguments that could be brought against this metaphor, but none that contain common sense.

Seth
edit on 10-5-2013 by sefhinny because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-5-2013 by sefhinny because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonnywhite
The heart of hte matter is the Democrat party USED to be (generally) pro-slavery.

How did Democrats go from being racist to not being racist?

Nobody has answered that.
edit on 10-5-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

The OP did answer when she acknowledged that the parties didn't change...the racist previously in the Dem party moved to the Rep party due to the Civil Rights movement. Were you aware of this?

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

I work in a public institution.

I see just the opposite where I work.

If you're a white male you are a pariah.

If you are a minority and have the minimum qualifications they want you.

I'm still not buying your story.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join