It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The racist mindset of liberals, black or white

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

Wow! Did you open up a can of worms!

I am an independent conservative. I do not subscribe to the party or whatever the conceived party line.

However, I find myself more racist today than I have ever been in my life and I am ashamed of it.

Due to my mother's illness in the 60's I was partially raised by a black woman. She was paid and treated as an equal in our house. She didn't want to, but dad insisted that she eat at the table with the rest of the family. You have to understand the social environment of the time to understand this.

When the schools desegregated, I was bussed to a black school in the eight grade. The only prejudice that I saw there was from the black teachers, not the students. Oh, and the white rednecks that came out to protest.

As a result, I learned that there was no difference between me and my counterparts at an early age.

Now, I am a minority it the town that I live in the South. I am sick of the attitude that I see almost on a daily basis. I don't understand it. I don't understand why you folks walk down the middle of the street and refuse to get out of the way until almost hit.

Please understand I am not referring to ALL blacks. It is mainly the young and middle age that I see a lot of this attitude.

I had planned to start a thread on this myself for open discussion and an attempt to understand these things and I will do so soon.

Sgt. Cursed

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 02:42 AM
link   
this is the biggest example of "no I'm not you are" coming from what i presume is a self proclaimed republican/conservative and from what i understand and observe the republican party is filled with klu klux klan members, and old white pale southern racists who prevent minorities from voting, women from getting rights and privacy, and who try to bring down the working man.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

I think I've had some discussions here with your friend before.
(Some old time members will probably know what I'm talking about).

The Democrats and Republicans of the past are in NO WAY representative of the Democrats and Republicans of today, so bringing up that whole thing is just stupid. The Republicans who freed the slaves went on to become the Democrats of today. Look into your history a little more before you go down that road.
All your labels and assumptions make me kind of sick.

I'm white and liberal. Please tell your friend that I'm sorry.

yeah just like the democrats who helped with the whole civil rights movement would be consider republicans today huh

edit on 10-5-2013 by digital01anarchy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   
As is often the problem with these sorts of posts, I don't think the OP has a clearly defined concept of what is meant by the word 'liberal'.

Liberal is the opposite of Authoritarian.

Liberal comes from liberty.

It says in the beginning of the American Constitution that it is “to... promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessing of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity”

Liberalism. Welfare. Social justice. Freedom. Founding principles of a fair and just society.

Why is 'liberal' such a dirty word?

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I read nothing else but the OP, but to me it sounds like racism on her part against the 'whites'. People forget that when they're blaming others groups of racism they're doing it themselves too! Always keep an open mind and NEVER put people in groups, that's how it always starts. People are individuals, keep it that way.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Well, this particular friend of yours is obviously racist against whites if she is making generalizations like that. There is no denying that fact. She even seems hostile towards them.

Also, as a white person, I can't be held fully responsible for every bad thing someone of my race has done. That is ridiculous. If that were the case, she, as a black person, would have to be held responsible for the atrocities occurring in African nations -

Which is totally ridiculous. It is on the individual, not people that share that individual's skin color. Also, I said I can't be held fully responsible because there are reasonable changes that should be made and that have been made in this country - blacks having the right to vote, the first black President, ending of segregation -

We all have a responsibility to help end racism and join together as people, even her, but she apparently doesn't take that responsibility seriously herself.
edit on 10-5-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie

Originally posted by Jefferton
"like most liberals". Oh the irony of this thread.

Utter time wasting trash. But the irony. Oh my.

The reason why liberalism is even mentioned in the thread/ conversation, is because it is that same liberalism that was pro-slavery and perpetuates the sense of black victim hood, which is unhealthy for the entire world.

you are describing 2013 liberalism with pre-1865 pro-slavery liberalism as being the same...get out much???

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   

You're whole story is BS. I'm positive of that.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by InverseLookingGlass

I wouldn't be so sure. There is a lot of stuff out there that happens like this. For example, I've been in abusive relationships with guys before even though I'm a guy and I'm not gay - it's room-mate stuff. I've had a friend whose father shot off his head with a shotgun in front of her. And the list goes on. The world is a lot more open than you think, my friend. I would recommend experiencing it.

It is hardly cookie-cutter material out there.

If you don't want to experience it, I understand - ignorance is bliss. However, I would still recommend experiencing the world and then afterwards coming back to a more isolated existence if you want.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
If your friend continues spewing what she's spewing (as you mentioned she still is) you probably won't be able to get through to her and change her mind at this point. Only she can consciously change her views about it and only if she WANTS to. Perhaps she will go through a "racial" experience some day that will allow to consider thinking about what thinks differently. It's kind of like approaching someone with an established religion, there's no point in arguing with them in hopes to convince, or otherwise or talk them out of their beliefs and views (if you feel you greatly disagree with them or they offend or anger you for some reason) because they WANT to think that and BELIEVE due to whatever experiences or influences in their lives perpetuated them to think the way that they do, and that's that.

Democratic, liberal, conservative, republican, black, white etc...

Is it relevant to racial discrimination what race a person is or what their political affiliation is?

I ask this because I do not see political ideologies being a relevant factor in much of anything as humans were not BORN with political ideologies - they were created by established societies and vary geographically. Racism and those who are not racist are prevalent in all walks of life because humans are humans are humans. Humans and the way they think is not based on political affiliation IMO and I know many will disagree with this view. Is it fair to automatically assume a person might be racist based on their political ideology or given race or even religion? I believe racial ideologies stem from influences a person is brought up with in their family household during their generation (understanding which generation a person comes from is important in understanding the way they might view race) along with their geographical location of where they are/were raised and currently reside and the racial experiences they happened to be subjected to.

If her views are offending/frustrating you it's best to just change the subject and dismiss the whole topic permanently, as from the sounds of it you'll probably just continue to run around in circles with her, leaving all attempts at further discussion and asking her more questions counterproductive and futile.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by unb3k44n7

No, you totally got this.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
If you look for definitions of racism, you'll find that it means to assign traits to a group of people based on race.

So, if you say that all white people are __________. you can fill in the blank with whatever you want, it would be a racist statement

When your friend says that all white people are racist, that in itself is a racist statement. I find humor in the things that many liberals say.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   

I also reminded her of REAL history, not skewed democratic history, and said that it was BLACK african kings who SOLD blacks into slavery...I reminded her that it was white republicans who created a party based on anti-slavery ideology...I reminded her that it was Democrats who created Ku Klux Klan...and that it is the same party that perpetuates the same racism she is spewing today.

There is plenty of blame to go around about slave trade. However, as a country the United States condoned slavery and institutionalized it. Slave trade was common in Africa, but being a slave in Africa was not the same as being a slave in the United States.

However, your "history" of Republicans and Democrats is flawed by your mis-understanding of label and how they have changed. The composition of Republicans and Democrats have changed drastically.

Instead of using the party labels which can have it's composition change...why not use the ideological labels that don't change. If you were to use those, you would find that it was Liberals that created a party based on anti-slavery ideology and you would find that Conservatives were the ones that created the Ku Klux Klan.

I'm sorry, but you are woefully misinformed and ignorant of the topics you are trying to speak about.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
If you look for definitions of racism, you'll find that it means to assign traits to a group of people based on race.

So, if you say that all white people are __________. you can fill in the blank with whatever you want, it would be a racist statement

When your friend says that all white people are racist, that in itself is a racist statement. I find humor in the things that many liberals say.

And when the OP says all Liberals are racists...that is just as bigoted as racism.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
The absolute best description on how nonsensical racism is belongs hands down to David Icke.

"We're all the same product, we're basically arguing about the color of the packaging. We're saying that that mixer is better than the other mixer because the same model comes in a white box vs a black box".

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Painterz
As is often the problem with these sorts of posts, I don't think the OP has a clearly defined concept of what is meant by the word 'liberal'.

Liberal is the opposite of Authoritarian.

Liberal comes from liberty.

It says in the beginning of the American Constitution that it is “to... promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessing of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity”

Liberalism. Welfare. Social justice. Freedom. Founding principles of a fair and just society.

Why is 'liberal' such a dirty word?

Weird how a party supposed to be the opposite of Authoritarian seems to want the government to control every aspect of our lives.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep

Weird how a party supposed to be the opposite of Authoritarian seems to want the government to control every aspect of our lives.

Well, is there a liberal party in American politics? I don't think there is. There's two rigid conservative authoritarian parties with barely a hairs breadth between them in terms of their political viewpoints.

However, I really don't see how liberalism has anything to do with racism.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep

Because :

War is Peace
Freedom is Slavery
and Ignorance is Strength

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77

"All white people are white".

Aha, threw you a curve ball.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   

"Most liberals..."

It occurs to me that saying "most" and then following that with a broad generalization is ...wrong. Blanket statements made about any group of people based on one's limited experience will be proven wrong at some point.

Irony... that most misused word.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join