It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Muslim cleric invited to pray over fallen SEALs damns them during service

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
Ok, so basically we've got one big hoax from what I'm reading.

Some of you are really easy to fool.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by SeenMyShare

Originally posted by SeenMyShare
My husband served in the military as did my son and my stepson, whom I raised, is currently serving.

Congratulations. But what does that have to do with ANYTHING?

Irrational - your word.

Actually, that's NOT my word.

Righteous indignation - my words.

Hey, that's fine. But you've been shown that you could very well be wrong about the translation of the prayer...
BH, you say in your own quote that "you could be wrong" key word being "could", why do you defend the Muslim faith when every day they in some way threaten to kill those that are not of there faith......are you Muslim or is this all about Obama??

The biggest mistake here was someone putting the two funerals together when they are so different in beliefs, where is the forethought of common sense when there is so much turmoil between the faiths. How about the consideration of the families and there beliefs, look what it has caused.

I am surprised that the Muslim's are not freaked out about the infidels in the same room with Muslims.

I read the article in the Blaze and I understand what they are saying about the true meaning of what the cleric said but that's the whole thing about the Muslim faith and the use of the Qur'an is that Muslim's can be as deceptive as they have to be to achieve a means to an end for the Muslim agenda of world domination. Read 8:12 - 8:14.

Granted a funeral is not world domination but I feel that putting Infidels in the same room and funeral with Muslim's made the Muslim cleric feel he had to say something to avenge it in some way, at least to the Muslims that might be watching.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Unless one of the fallen team members was a Muslim, having this Imam here was an outrage at worst, disrespectful at best. Given the part of the Koran he chose, and the inside jabs, I'm hoping someone is checking through this guy's status, and if anything is amiss, giving him a tour of Gitmo.

edit on 10-5-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Battleline
BH, you say in your own quote that "you could be wrong" key word being "could", why do you defend the Muslim faith when every day they in some way threaten to kill those that are not of there faith......are you Muslim or is this all about Obama??

1. I didn't say that I could be wrong, I said the OP's translation could be wrong. (But I could ALWAYS be wrong).
2. I do not defend the Muslim faith. I do not defend any faith. I defend people's right to believe as they wish.
3. I am not Muslim. Religion is not part of my life.
4. This is not about Obama. I don't even know why you would ask that.

The biggest mistake here was someone putting the two funerals together when they are so different in beliefs, where is the forethought of common sense when there is so much turmoil between the faiths. How about the consideration of the families and there beliefs, look what it has caused.

Talk to those in the the Pentagon who made the decision.

The rest of your post is classic religious bigotry and stereotyping and doesn't deserve my attention.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

As OpinionatedB said earlier:

He really did not curse the men. He said A'udhu billahi min ash Shaytanir Rajim. This means seek Allah’s protection/refuge/shelter from Shaytaan, the Accursed one. It is said before any of the Quran is recited. if he had cursed the men he would have said La'anatullah not A'udhu Billahi... hope this helps.

No cursing happening there.

It was a joint memorial for Afghans and the SEAL's in question, that is why the cleric was there.

This is just people automatically assuming someone is saying something negative because they can't understand what is being said.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by antonia

It was a joint memorial for Afghans and the SEAL's in question, that is why the cleric was there.

If they were referring to the 2011 Chinook crash, there were 7 Afghans killed along with the SEALS.

Besides, I've never even heard of a muslim cleric praying over dead Christians. Why would an Islamic cleric ever do that?

Must be a slow news day at the news agency that put this story out. Pathetic.

edit on 10-5-2013 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

1. I didn't say that I could be wrong, I said the OP's translation could be wrong. (But I could ALWAYS be wrong).
2. I do not defend the Muslim faith. I do not defend any faith. I defend people's right to believe as they wish.
3. I am not Muslim. Religion is not part of my life.
4. This is not about Obama. I don't even know why you would ask that.

Talk to those in the the Pentagon who made the decision.

The rest of your post is classic religious bigotry and stereotyping and doesn't deserve my attention.

"Religious bigotry"??, you say that religion is not part of your life, doesn't it bother you that people who believe in something so strong want you either enslaved or dead?

Sorry if me wanting to know who wants me dead for my beliefs or lack there of is "religious bigotry" in your eyes but when someone threatens me and my way of life I feel the need to know why.

You might want to read and research the Qur'an, these people are for real unless of course you just want to ridicule me for my beliefs.

I thought better of you BH.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

You are correct. This was the Ramp Ceremony for the American AND Afghan fallen, not someone's personal funeral. And there were actually 8 Afghans (one interpreter) killed in the crash and being honored that day.

And God WAS mentioned in the English prayer. I just listened to it. The outraged families charged that the Pentagon prohibited any mention of the Judeo-Christian God, but that's apparently a lie, too.

The premise of this whole thread is a lie. Congratulations for those who fell for it before finding out the facts. :shk:

edit on 5/10/2013 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Yep, just one big hoax and like I said, people are easy to fool.

Well, score one for the Xenophobia brigade.

I find it funny people get all butthurt about what is in the Koran when the Bible features some similar concepts- Damning people to hell, killing unbelievers, women as property, etc. They don't have much room to talk. The Muslims there could just as easily have said "They were all covertly damning our guys to hell".
edit on 10-5-2013 by antonia because: added a thought

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Battleline

"Religious bigotry"??, you say that religion is not part of your life, doesn't it bother you that people who believe in something so strong want you either enslaved or dead?

Of course it bothers me. But I don't blame the religion. Those are religious extremists, not the vast majority of the religion's followers. It's like judging Christianity based on Fred Phelps.

I thought better of you BH.

Oh, I'm crushed.

Look, religious outrage, righteous indignation, whatever you want to call it, kills people. It doesn't matter to me WHAT the religion is. Many Christians are killing innocent people in other countries because of religious differences that have been going on for many years. I don't take a side. Christians aren't innocent here.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I have seen nothing in the videos that shows or proves anything. Did I miss something?

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeenMyShare
reply to post by grey580

We know that, but do they? Isaac and Ishmael were brothers and each were given nations by the same God.

Well you are technically correct. The problem stems from the mis interpretation about who is the child of prophecy on the muslim side. See Abraham and Sarah were married right? And they had this hot little servant woman named Hagar ok? Now God made Abraham a promise that He and his WIFE SARAH would have the child of Prophecy and that it would be his firstborne child.

Abraham got tired of waiting and decided to screw around with his servant girl and knocked her up. She later has ishmale. Now Technically he was born before Isaac BUT seeing as he was a il legitimate child he could not have legally been the first borne to ABRAHAM AND SARAH. That is the Key. It was to be between Abraham and his wife THEIR first child. Still God being A caring creator decided to let Ishmale have a part of the promise made to abraham.

Now people of islamic faith try to pass of the first child born to abraham as th elegitimate child of prophecy all the time but its because they do not want to see what was actually promised to Abraham and his legitimate wife.
And so you see since Abraham coudnt keep it in his pants we have this lovely situation today.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I understand why the families could be offended, but I read nothing that I found offensive in the transcript.
All I can say is people who lost their loved ones in war a zone, would already be sensitive and hurting, why risk aggravating them even further trying to be so politically correct. It's a massive faux pas at the very least by the Pentagon or the Officers who allowed this.
Trying to force tolerance on people who just lost their family in such a way, well the timing really sucks, you would just embitter them even more.
It's just stupid.
edit on 10-5-2013 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
*snort laughs*

Leave it to ATS to work themselves up into a lather over those "despicable Muslims" when what is being reported isn't even true. And of course no one speaks Arabic so instead of looking more into the issue let's just fly off the handle.

Probably the funniest part is the last two pages of people continuing the ridiculous righteous indignation when they obviously haven't read the thread at all.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
WHO invited the muslim cleric to speak at the service??????

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   

what moron decided to ask a muslim cleric to speak at a cermony for lost seals. and why is this muslim buffoon still got his teeth. they pitch a fit when some cartoonist draws alikeness of Muhammad and call for reprisals. seals have been known to hold grudges to and they are much better trained .

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I just read all of the posts following the OP

so...nevermind.
edit on 10-5-2013 by bbracken677 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Solarfall

I'm just sitting here, scratching my head, trying to figure out what possible bearing that post has on the thread topic. Can you connect the dots for me?

If you can't, I'm going to have to assume it was just a drive-by attempt to change the subject and further demonize an entire religion via emotional knee-jerks, probably because some folks were beginning to notice that the translation presented by the "aggrieved" lawyer was just not correct, and likely a deliberate lie.

"Quick! Do Something! They're starting to notice we're lying!"

"Relax - just give 'em another lie to occupy their minds and keep them from noticing the first one."

I dunno - I guess I could post some video of some Christians saying outrageous stuff, and we could demonize THAT whole religion for a while, too... oh, wait, there are already OTHER folks doing that!

Do y'all own stock in the war industry or something?

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Video anyone??? I want to see it, get pissing mad, and call the White House, Pentagon, local newspapers, etc. JUST POINT ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION, BROS!!!!!

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by digital01anarchy

Thank you for posting this link. Finally someone with a cooler head and some common sense. Starred.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join