It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Muslim cleric invited to pray over fallen SEALs damns them during service

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by DestroyDestroyDestroy
Did it occur to you that perhaps some fallen members of the Seal Team could have been Muslims? By the way, this isn't any different that the Westboro Baptist Church cursing dead soldiers or Mormon priests baptizing the souls of the dead.

Who the hell cares if some douchebag cleric decided to curse these dead men? He's just putting his faith into another false deity.

Religion is so retarded.

The WBC is never invited to funerals they show up just to troll. This Muslim cleric was invited with the intention that he was going to show a gesture of good will, and he was an even better troll than the WBC since everyone knows what to expect from them already.
edit on 5/9/2013 by Drezden because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Anti-Westerm sentiments among Muslims is driven more by political history than by the Koran. Religion is overrated in this conflict, it's more about a long war for land and resources/power and influence. Had there not been hundreds of years of war between Christians and Muslims, we'd probably see jihadist passages deprioritized as an aspect of Islam.

The religion is fitted to the situation. Islam being the dominant feature of their culture, the Koran will be used to motivate any ambition had by a Muslim. If their personal experience is one of "infidels" at war in their homeland, then jihad it is. If the personal experience is one of friendship with other culture than one might relate more to the stories of Muhammad as a tribal diplomat and peacemaker.
edit on 5/10/2013 by PatrickGarrow17 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
reply to post by On the level

this barbaric religion

Can you be more specific?

barbaric false religion?

edit on 10-5-2013 by MadMax7 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Just whom is this enemy that you are referring to? If you are referring to muslims/islam, then you need to realize that you have quite seriously been had, as the only reason why they hate the west is because that is the only method of communication that we have shared with them for the last hundred years:hate and destruction. One thing rings true that you must remember if you are indeed referring to Islam as the enemy at the gates: Those to whom evil is done shall do evil in return. If you were referring to Obama and his band of neo-fascists, disregard.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by xXxinfidelxXx

I need to remember sometimes, we don't all see each others posts and so, things I may take for granted as being known regarding my general approach is often not. The source of more misunderstandings..and my fault on that.

Nope.. I'm absolutely not referring to Islam. There are over a billion Muslims and only a small % of them are radical, much less radical about killing or otherwise seeing great harm come to us. If it were any other way, we'd be fighting for our very lives against odds of 3 or 4 to 1...world wide. Not a pretty thought... I left it vague though...and outside what I have already said in a prev. note? I'm pretty much leaving it there.

However, I couldn't leave it with anyone thinking I meant an entire religion. That's not just ignorant and hateful, it's bordering on mental illness for those who do think that broadly.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by SeenMyShare

muslims are the new age jew. lol

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Before this goes even further down the "we hate Muslims" trail, I wanted to post this more comprehensive source that shows alternative translations of the prayer.

Did an Imam Really use Arabic Prayer to Covertly Damn Fallen SEAL Team VI Members to Hell During Their Funeral?

And the Pentagon invited this cleric.

linking an article from the blaze Benevolent heretic
ok im now in an alternate universe which has to be the only possible explanation for this

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Well, if FOX reported it, it must be true...

o holy crap its true im in a new universe

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

No worries man. That's why I basically said if you were not referring to Islam, disregard. I see where you're coming from. Namaste.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Now read the comments on that story...

Why haven't they added the video, or at the very least added the text of the supposedly inflammatory speech?

One commenter states:

I've studied classical Arabic and have read the verses in question. There was absolutely no "damning" of anyone. I honestly can't believe there are articles about this without posting the verses in question.

Having looked at what was said, this seems to be an over reaction. I've seen nothing in the translation as they describe, and even the reporting statements they have made about there being a lack of Christianity is completely false too - there is video of a US marine giving a Christian prayer at that service!

So, someone is lying in that article, and the translation doesn't say what they are claiming it says either... basically this is one group of religious nutters attacking other religious nutters - and they should all be ashamed for doing this over the dead bodies of their children and their fallen comrades.

Funerals are not the place for religious crazies to be scoring points, it's disgusting whichever side is doing it, and in this case the evidence sadly tells me the family members are responsible

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 04:54 AM
link   
The Muslim cleric was only invited to the funeral for political reasons.

It backfired.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 06:08 AM
link   
WHOA, I'm shocked!

edit on 10-5-2013 by Solarfall because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solarfall
WHOA, I'm shocked!

edit on 10-5-2013 by Solarfall because: (no reason given)

When you post a video that is put out by an Israeli propaganda machine you should be.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 06:49 AM
link   

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Solarfall

Oh I know, he didn't say ANY of that. Beating your wife with a rod was TOTALLY taken out of context, LOLOL. Yes, it was a "jewish conspiracy." lol...

Maybe you should do a little research on MEMRI tv it was started and is run by ex Israeli intelligence agents. They were responsible for the wipe Israel from the map lie. Even the state dept. has complained about them purposely misquoting translations.

edit on 10/5/2013 by Ayana because: Removal of profanity from quote

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by elysiumfire

Best post in this thread!
I agree 100% It doesn't matter what mumbo-jumbo came out of his mouth! It's not like "our god" is going to listen to "their god" and there will be mass wars among the gods!
It's ridiculous to think that these mere words would have some kind of real consequences! Even if they were meant to offend (which I don't believe) it's all just religious ritual and we're arguing about it here? Really?

reply to post by Mr Mask

Runner up.
I forgive all involved as well. IF the cleric said words that supposedly condemned someone to hell, he did it out of fear, ignorance and anger... If he had said that over my mother's grave, I would feel sorry for him, knowing how tormented he must be. But it wouldn't have any affect on my mother.

Where's your inner strength, people? Are your emotions just reactions to other people's actions? Where's your "center"?

reply to post by digital01anarchy

Yes, I linked to the Blaze because they had the information that would open the discussion to other possibilities.
It's not something I would normally do, but even 'the daily caller' gets it right sometimes. (did I really say that?)

You're not in an alternate universe.
The FOX post was sarcastic.
I didn't think it was necessary to illustrate that.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by On the level
reply to post by DrumsRfun

Christianity was barbaric when the world was
All of them are non relevant these days, except this one is mentally deranged and the noisiest

Christendom was barbaric. In otherwords, the people proclaiming to be christians who really were not, doing things in the name of God to justify their own evil. The Way Jesus taught was to treat others as you would have them treat you. That is the path to peace.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   
You haven't seen anything yet brother. Just wait till the Obama-nation of Desolation really gets ramped up. Well if Obama wants his god who is Satan to be worshipped at a funeral, that in itself speaks volumes.
edit on 10-5-2013 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   
So, they didn't know whether he cursed the SEALs out or if it was just a misunderstood normal aspect of the speech. Is the English/Arabic language barrier this weak, even in this day and age? I noticed they didn't exactly take the cleric aside to clear it up.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Ok, so basically we've got one big hoax from what I'm reading.

Some of you are really easy to fool.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join