It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Muslim cleric invited to pray over fallen SEALs damns them during service

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+35 more 
posted on May, 9 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
All right folks, this is the closest I've ever come to violating the TOS!. What kind of sick monster heads this country who forbids our men to proclaim their Christianity and then does this?

In addition to blasting the Obama administration for the mission and for an official investigation they deemed a cover-up, the families complained that “military brass, while prohibiting any mention of a Judeo-Christian God, invited a Muslim cleric to the funeral for the fallen Navy SEAL Team VI heroes who disparaged in Arabic the memory of these servicemen by damning them as infidels to Allah

When are we, as a nation, going to stand up and say enough is enough? How dare this administration invite a Muslim cleric to the funeral services to begin with! I'd love to say more but I'm coming dangerously close to breaking tos.

LINK
edit on 9/5/2013 by SeenMyShare because: edit to add link: sorry all, was too mad to think straight.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by SeenMyShare

Do you have a link?
That's a pretty crazy story there.

+4 more 
posted on May, 9 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Do you have a link?

Who "forbids our men to proclaim their Christianity"? There have been rules in the military for years against proselytizing but people can proclaim their religion if they want.
edit on 5/9/2013 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

+13 more 
posted on May, 9 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   

We see before us, the enemy, in service to the very nation they hate. Everyone can take that to mean whomever best fits it for actions over words. Deeds over promises. The end result speaks louder than any gesture or speech....and it's screaming so loud, our ears should ring.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
www.washingtontimes.com...

And there's video somewhere as well.
Wow.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Same as my thoughts but better worded. Cat among the pigeons?

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   

To me its all about being politically correct.
Weak people do that.(and so do our governments,take the hint)

How dare anyone say the truth and be a real person these days.

I can be tolerant of others beliefs...I just don't want to hear about them or see it.
Thats their issue...not mine.
People who preach like they know something...only show their idiocy.

I don't care if you want to worship a dog...just don't ask to borrow MY dog.

These days with political correctness....a real opinion only gets frowned upon if its not whats being served in the media.

edit on 9-5-2013 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

+45 more 
posted on May, 9 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
How long will the world continue to make excuses for this barbaric religion and its fanatics, makes me sick to the pit of my stomach. They are present in every country in the world, the majority reaping the benefits of western culture and at the same time decrying all we believe in and hold dear. My dream would be repatriation of all muslims to their ancestoral homes such as Pakistan, then they can do what they like. Live Sharia law in your country and lap up the great public sector services such as stoning, rape and women being treated worse than slaves. I can tolerate any religion save Islam, it has no place in the 21st century

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeenMyShare
All right folks, this is the closest I've ever come to violating the TOS!. What kind of sick monster heads this country who forbids our men to proclaim their Christianity and then does this?

In addition to blasting the Obama administration for the mission and for an official investigation they deemed a cover-up, the families complained that “military brass, while prohibiting any mention of a Judeo-Christian God, invited a Muslim cleric to the funeral for the fallen Navy SEAL Team VI heroes who disparaged in Arabic the memory of these servicemen by damning them as infidels to Allah

When are we, as a nation, going to stand up and say enough is enough? How dare this administration invite a Muslim cleric to the funeral services to begin with! I'd love to say more but I'm coming dangerously close to breaking tos.

If Christians would stop joining a corrupt military this would never happen...That is...if this actually happened LOL
edit on 9-5-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by On the level

this barbaric religion

Can you be more specific?

+16 more 
link   
Did it occur to you that perhaps some fallen members of the Seal Team could have been Muslims? By the way, this isn't any different that the Westboro Baptist Church cursing dead soldiers or Mormon priests baptizing the souls of the dead.

Who the hell cares if some douchebag cleric decided to curse these dead men? He's just putting his faith into another false deity.

Religion is so retarded.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

Christianity was barbaric when the world was
All of them are non relevant these days, except this one is mentally deranged and the noisiest

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
this is not right

+2 more 
posted on May, 9 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Before this goes even further down the "we hate Muslims" trail, I wanted to post this more comprehensive source that shows alternative translations of the prayer.

Did an Imam Really use Arabic Prayer to Covertly Damn Fallen SEAL Team VI Members to Hell During Their Funeral?

And the Pentagon invited this cleric.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Sorry everyone, link has been added to the original post. I still had it in my clip board, just too busy spittin' bullets to remember to add it.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by On the level
How long will the world continue to make excuses for this barbaric religion and its fanatics,

The families of Navy SEALs killed in an August 2011 shoot-down of a helicopter in Afghanistan spoke at a press conference Thursday morning, citing a number of grievances, including an allegation that the Pentagon invited a Muslim cleric who “disparaged in Arabic the memory of these servicemen.”

Read more: www.washingtontimes.com...
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

did you read the link to the story grey posted?

your post shows the pentagon has scored yet another win for it's propaganda corps
as it is obvious this was done to generate more hatred, very necessary for the upcoming iran/syria genocide
carried out by the hordes of"dey tuk ar jabs" and "dey spat on ar boy's graves" minions.

but feel free to disregard my post as I am quite "Insane"
and choose to focus my anger and disgust,
not against this muslim tool, but his paymasters in d.c.
who are all quite "sane".
edit on 9-5-2013 by TheMagus because: added edit

aha! and the plot thickens

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Before this goes even further down the "we hate Muslims" trail, I wanted to post this more comprehensive source that shows alternative translations of the prayer.

Did an Imam Really use Arabic Prayer to Covertly Damn Fallen SEAL Team VI Members to Hell During Their Funeral?

And the Pentagon invited this cleric.

On Wednesday, TheBlaze spoke with attorney Larry Klayman who is representing the grieving parents to learn more about the Arabic comments in question. Noting that he has consulted with a certified translator, he paraphrased the meaning of the imam’s words as follows: “That the fallen seals should be damned and go to hell as infidels.”

While the Muslim cleric’s words have, thus far, been described as a collective “prayer,” Coughlin notes that they extend beyond mere invocation, mostly because the faith leader’s comments also involved reading out of the Koran. In citing scripture from the holy book, the Islam expert noted that the verses had a specific meaning — one that focuses on the victory of Muslims over non-Muslims.

“We don’t know what he was thinking”

Rather than taking aim at the Islamic leader, Coughlin claims that the imam’s intentions, simply based on audio of his words, cannot be known. More dissection and discussion would certainly be warranted and considering that this may be a standard funeral rite, nothing may be amiss.

“We don’t know what he was thinking. He could have known … and it was a dig to get in,” he posited. “But it’s also possible that he was going through the [typical] motions that an imam would go through at this point.”

One of the individuals that Coughlin consulted with about the video, a native Egyptian, seemed to believe that the cleric’s words were likely inappropriate, but not intentionally so. The individual, someone well-versed in Islam and Islamic law, called the imam’s comments “standard fare at a funeral rite” and reiterated that a slight may not have been intentional.

Coughlin said that responsibility should fall on the generals who purportedly did not call for a translator beforehand. “That general should have known what that guy was saying [and what it meant],” he added.

there's "sanity" for you

thank's to BH for injecting some "insanity"
edit on 9-5-2013 by TheMagus because: added comment

link   
reply to post by grey580

Thank you for posting the link. I was in such a hurry to post I forgot to post it.

link   

The families of Navy SEALs killed in an August 2011 shoot-down of a helicopter in Afghanistan spoke at a press conference Thursday morning, citing a number of grievances, including an allegation that the Pentagon invited a Muslim cleric who “disparaged in Arabic the memory of these servicemen.”

Report: Muslim cleric invited to pray over fallen SEALs damns them during service

First, its an allegation. I know its easy to want to cry outrage. I need to see proof of it.

And if its true, WHY did they have this man at the service?

I suppose it was a "prayer" that he used to damn them.

Did an Imam Really Use Arabic Prayer to Covertly Damn Fallen Seal Team 6 Members to Hell During Their Funeral?

Sad.........

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   

That would be really rude and inappropriate.

Although I would like the opinion of others who are fluent in the language since it wasnt said in English:

“disparaged in Arabic the memory of these servicemen.”

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I'll tell you the same thing I told my best friend: Proselytizing can be as simple as saying "I am a Christian".

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join