Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Obama: We have a moral obligation to end the slaughter and ensure a stable Syria

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jacygirl

Well you obviously must live in a large city in Canada because where I live guns and sport shooting is a way of life and has been for many years, the majority of people I know own more than 5 rifles and various calibers of pistols. The one thing *ALL* of us rural gun owners despise are asinine ignorant "liberals" in the large inner cities crying for sweeping outrageous *national* gun laws when the majority of gun crimes are committed in cities like Toronto.

Let the big cities pass useless liberal feel good legislation banning guns if the sheep in places like Toronto honestly think it will stop inner city gangs and criminals from killing each other in record numbers each year. But please, leave us 'redneck back-country folk' the hell alone, we like our way of life the way it is.

How to stop random mass violence? Put the mentally ill back in the nut-houses and let us normal folks keep our civil liberties. Some nut-jobs should not be allowed in society no matter how much medication you shove into them; they used to lock these people up for very good reasons.
edit on 16-5-2013 by Jocko Flocko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu
Negative. The Taliban came to power due to the Pakistani ISI, as a proxy government in Afghanistan. They originated in Pakistani Madrasas (hence the name "Taliban", from Arabic "talib" - "student"), and at the time they originated (1994) the CIA had no more interest in Afghanistan than they had in my breakfast that morning. The Soviets were long gone, and when they bailed, so did the CIA.

I know fully well about Taliban.

Taliban was the main faction that drove Russians out. Al Qaida were the 'international fighters'.

Taliban were the local guys who had intel, connections and penetration.

You can kill anybody in Afghanistan if you are willing to pay the price. This is how it works there.

It is a nice tale that CIA just disappeared from the scene once Russians were out.

The reality is much more than that.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by pavil

Middle East is not Eastern Europe.

Democracy is a very difficult proposition for a largely ignorant population.

It is either king or dictator (both unelected tyrants) that works in the middle east.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by GargIndia

Originally posted by nenothtu
Negative. The Taliban came to power due to the Pakistani ISI, as a proxy government in Afghanistan. They originated in Pakistani Madrasas (hence the name "Taliban", from Arabic "talib" - "student"), and at the time they originated (1994) the CIA had no more interest in Afghanistan than they had in my breakfast that morning. The Soviets were long gone, and when they bailed, so did the CIA.

I know fully well about Taliban.

No. you apparently don't.

Taliban was the main faction that drove Russians out. Al Qaida were the 'international fighters'.

Negative. The Soviets left in February, 1989, and the Taliban did not even exist until 1994. AQ was nothing more than a gleam in bin Laden's eye until some time in the early 90's. It was NOT the "international fighters" - I know this because I was one of them. None of us ever heard of AQ until much later. Bin Laden was only there to construct things for the most part. he only ever participated in ONE battle that I know if, and even then he was far off from the rel action, yakking into a radio and trying to look important while other folks did the risking and dying for him.

Taliban were the local guys who had intel, connections and penetration.

Nope. What became the Taliban was not even IN Afghanistan. they were safely tucked away in madrasas in Pakistan, mostly around Peshawar, being indoctrinated by the ISI, and were not yet "the Taliban". They gave NO intel, because they had none to give. The only "penetrating" they did was getting the hell OUT of Afghanistan, and that was all they used their connections for.

You can kill anybody in Afghanistan if you are willing to pay the price. This is how it works there.

You're not telling me anything I don't already know here.

It is a nice tale that CIA just disappeared from the scene once Russians were out.

The reality is much more than that.

No, it really isn't. There were folks back then who BEGGED the CIA not to leave, but the honchos weren't having any of it. They folded up camp and bailed anyhow. This had some negative effects, the worst two of which were to leave a power vacuum that had to be filled - eventually being filled by Pakistani ISI via the proxy of the Taliban. The other worst effect was that the CIA had no further intel capabilities there, nor wanted any. They didn't see the bad times coming until they were already there. Then they had to scramble to try to catch back up, and they failed miserably.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Can see you are very well informed.

I agree with you and accept I was mistaken.

Thanks for your candid post.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Curious...will this be a just war based on this or will those who held conviction to oppose war against President Bush also stand against this? My guess.....no.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   
My question is Was Gem Macinnernie right about the Spetz pulling the remaining WMDs and are we now trying to destroy them before they are returned to their original owners.Does anyone have a viable record of what we gave him and what he actually used?

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy
Curious...will this be a just war based on this or will those who held conviction to oppose war against President Bush also stand against this? My guess.....no.

Not in all cases. I was dead set in my stand against Bush's invasion of Iraq - I was then and I am now, It was a bone-headed, irresponsible, and utterly unnecessary move. Afghanistan was a different matter.

NOW, I'm still against Obama's intervention in Syria, just as I was against US involvement in Egypt, Libya, etc. It's THEIR country, THEIR region. We have no stake in it whatsoever. No reason to intervene at all. Let the locals sort it out the way they want it sorted out.

The excuse I usually hear for it is "oil". My ass. that oil will still be sold to someone regardless of who the top dog is around it. They're STILL going to sell, just as they do now, to someone. We have as good a chance of being that someone either way.

No, there is something more afoot than just simple "oil".

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by GargIndia
reply to post by pavil

Middle East is not Eastern Europe.

Democracy is a very difficult proposition for a largely ignorant population.

It is either king or dictator (both unelected tyrants) that works in the middle east.

I beg to differ.... Middle Eastern nations and people's can be manipulated just as easily as Eastern European nations and People's. To take your proposition that Middle Eastern people are more ignorant than other people (which BTW, I do not believe), it should make the manipulation even easier.
edit on 19-5-2013 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

It is not oil. Is is called "world domination".

It is a delusion of power - unlimited power. The delusion is so strong that even own citizens are expendable.

The citizens are being deceived in every possible way - taxes to the level of extortion, government sponsored drug trafficking and thuggery, mind control of entire population, creating of a super-elite and safe havens for them (called DUMB) to save them from nuclear war etc.

Medical science is being misused for creating human clones for warring purposes. As military has found that the 'human' soldier lacks the 'willingness' to kill indiscriminately.

They have advanced so far now that they will not stop. We are at end of the road already.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by GargIndia

That's entirely possible. I've never quite grasped the lust for power, but can't deny it exists. I've never understood the need of some folks to attempt to control what is beyond their grasp, why they would set themselves up for such headaches, but I know it is there. Why some people want to control everything else when they cannot even control themselves I cannot fathom. I suppose it probably boils down to an excessively fearful sort of person who has some pathological need to control everything around them, thinking it will somehow improve their OWN safety. Those sorts never quite comprehend that the only way to enhance their own safety is to control themselves - all else falls into line when it gets into reach, and what is beyond reach doesn't matter, as it cannot affect them anyhow.

They just can't seem to get that notion through their thick skulls, though.

Such attempts never end well. All through history, the end of empires has come when their reach exceeded their grasp, and those folks just can't seem to learn from the historical mistakes of their predecessors. Those who can't learn from history are doomed to repeat it. The only real silver lining here is the high potential for another Dark Age, when people can pick up the pieces and rebuild with the inherent understand that nothing more than a day's ride away can possibly affect their own little corner of the world.

Unfortunately, sooner or later some other fearful sort will start the slow climb back up to empire for their own power grab, and the whole cycle will start over again.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
A. You can disrepect me anytime you wish. It is your free will, BUT DO HAVE RESPECT for this site's T&C, because if you who dares call yourself a member can so blatantly set the example to say to hell with ATS's T&C, then it is only a matter of time before ATS becomes another trash site like glp.

Fair enough. I will apologise for being rude.

B. You ignore my simple question, and yet have the cheek to ask me questions instead. Is it a discussion that you want, or an attempt to detract and foister your own very clear ignorance to the readers on ATS?

I and others answered your question. The syrians do not want or need NATOs help.

C. I am not petty, and will answer your questions posed - not one as you claimed, but SIX QUESTIONS. Are you senile, on drugs or drunk that you failed to notice? Anyway

Oh I see more insults. You are good dishing them out but want none in return.

- 1) If Russia does not care, does that mean we makind are to follow Emperor Putin's lead? No. If he doesnt have a heart, it does not mean the rest of mankind does not have a heart, though I am not sure about you as you sure aint Putin.

America has a heart? We go around installing our fake democracy and you are here telling us about heart?

America and NATO have plenty of colonies and plenty of blood on their hands as well. America is 16 trillion dollars in debt in case you have not noticed. Do you pay attention to the debt clock at all?

-2) If USA has a heart to stop the violence and tragedy in Syria, should we stop such humanitarian acts or follow heartless russia, and let civilisation go to the dogs? NO, President Obamam as an elected head of state, representative of the american People, made a stand. If you have no heart and want nothing humanitarian to do with ending the violence in Syria as an american - the airports are open 24/7

LOL. I am sure george bush jr would have said the same thing. Do they teach such nonsense at ivy league schools?

3.) The liberation of Iraq was a decision not by USA alone, but a coalition of the willing comprising of other nations sharing our world whom are concerned with Sadam's belligerences on NOT allowing neutral inspectors to verify the existance of WMD weapons, and worse of all, with his continued threats to offer the 'mother of all battles' to the world. He asked for it, and his citizens welcomed the liberation from their oppressor.

What WMD have been discovered and relleased to the public? Saddam was a neutered dog after the first gulf war. Did you forget we kicked him out of quwait, which to be blunt, was the last respectable war we had?

4.) Afghanistan was ruled by the Taleban and oppressed their own citizens, whom offered the SLAUGHTERERS of 3000 innocent men and women on 911, a place to hide, and refused to hand them over to face justice. The Talebans asked for it.

Why don't you visit the 9-11 forumn right here on ATS to see who did 9-11? I assure you it was not alqueda boogeyman like some still beleive.

5.) The citizens of Libya were in outright revolt with Gaddafi, whom had ruled, oppressed and slaughtered them mercilessly. They cried out to the world for help. Same as Kosovo did. USA and the world responded. And today, Libya is liberated, to find their way to rebuild their own country.

If USA is liberated from someone else, say russia or china, would you welcome them or call them terrorists?

6.) No. America is no superman or batman. Those are figures of imagination. USA and the american people are real and live by the principles it was founded on. For those who do not accept those principles to live by - the airports are open 24/7

Oh I see. I need to go to north korea. LOL Kim Jung Un will be waiting at the airport to pick me up. Give me a break!

Despite my patience and effort to respond to your troll attempt and insult upon ATS and me, I doubt if this post will ever go appreciated. But that's ok. Be glad and thank your lucky stars I had the time, or I would have simply ignored your attempt that only shows your personal lack of intellect or just plain wilful ignorances to even answer those questions you yourself posed.

Do that trolling again, which I believe you will, and you will enjoy my refusal to reply as a sign of open contempt towards you.

You shouldn't bother answering my questions if you can't do it in an honest fashion.

BTW someone with the same attitude just like you called splitinfinity got banned a few weeks ago. He too was trolling the boards with constant nonsense. If you can't handle alternative topics, which clearly you can't, then why bother making everyone's life miserable(including your own)?

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join