It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: We have a moral obligation to end the slaughter and ensure a stable Syria

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
reply to post by nenothtu

Originally posted by nenothtu
We didn't just walk by Syria on our way home from work and notice runaway trucks. This is a planned destabilization, and invasion of THEIR sovereignty. It's not something we just happened across on a public thoroughfare.

You alleged 'planned destabilization'. Where are the plans? Who's the liar now?

Simple questions, and yet unlikely to get any honest and real responses from you except more BS to fool others.

Have fun then. I had spared you more time than you deserved.

Seeker even an idiot could see from the very start that this was an engineered affair. Imported rebels and all!

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Donkey_Dean

Only idiots will see what they wish they see. IRREFUTABLE evidences are only truths that no one can deny, more so when wild allegations were made.

Aren't the 'unofficial statement's'. 'reliable sources'. 'alex jones/ glen black strident BS' for years more than enough?

It's your choice and free will to make your own opinion. I can only hope you will be wise with such powers, because every choice we make comes ultimately with consequences, thus the need to be sure, emperically sure, when the choice is made, for none can turn back the clock.

We can choose to be apathetic, be self centred, but that had never worked in the course of our human civilisation. How many apathetic nations had done that and became dust of history?

or, we can courageously work together, sharing only common goals that each human wants and needs, progress and evolve, leaving NONE behind.

If humanslayer Assad and his Persian backer, his Hizbollah dogs, thinks he has the deluded 'divine right of rulers' that NO mainstream religion subscribes anymore, to slaughter his own people freely, and mankind sharing our world turning a blind eye to his atrocities, more so expectations that true muslims will turn away, he must be dreaming.....

edit on 11-5-2013 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

Queen of England is still the head of the Church of England though...
CoE is pretty damn mainstream!

Syria has to be lower on the list of human crisis' than quite a few places on the globe, how about we do those first?

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu
We didn't just walk by Syria on our way home from work and notice runaway trucks. This is a planned destabilization, and invasion of THEIR sovereignty. It's not something we just happened across on a public thoroughfare.

You alleged 'planned destabilization'. Where are the plans? Who's the liar now?

Simple questions, and yet unlikely to get any honest and real responses from you except more BS to fool others.

Have fun then. I had spared you more time than you deserved.

Check into "PNAC", then you can get back to me with an apology.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   

So how come we never have had any moral obligation to end the slaughter in Rwanda where millions have been butchered? What about all the Women and girls over there that are currently being gang raped every single day of their lives?

Can you answer that question? I can hardly wait to hear your answer? ~$heopleNation

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   

So you are comparing stopping to help one child you see on the road to a full scale military intervention with possible geopolitical implications? No wonder we are in trouble with the rest of the world. By the way, Obama is already sending "humanitarian aid".

Maybe a better analogy for this would be going after the trucker while the child dies on the side of the road Or maybe even giving aid and comfort the trucker so he can go off and hit other children?

We can choose to be apathetic, be self centred

Yah we saw how that worked out in Libya too. History repeats itself immediately.
edit on 11-5-2013 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

the UK and France ( the old colonial powers),

Who knows, maybe they even discussed it at the last Bilderberg meeting.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by CB328

I'm pretty sure that when Bush was talking about spreading freedom to the middle east the same people here attacking Obama didn't have a problem with it.

I'm pretty sure I didn't support the Bush wars, so I guess you are mistaken.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
This game is very deep and requires superhuman intelligence to understand.

I can tell you a basic fact, and that fact is there are obligations of a king.

A king is not there merely to collect taxes.

The king must protect citizens, and find and punish criminals.

Blood of innocent citizens must not flow. The citizens must not take weapons in their own hands to protect themselves as it is failure of the king if it happens.

I do not dispute USA's role as a worldwide policeman if it is the superpower (or king of the entire earth). However then it becomes imperative that USA protects ALL people of the world, not only Americans.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

You must study more about British royal family. There are two entities - Pope in Rome and the British royals, who are central to understanding our world.

People mistakenly place too much attention on the Jews. Money Changers do not run governments.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by SheopleNation
So how come we never have had any moral obligation to end the slaughter in Rwanda where millions have been butchered? What about all the Women and girls over there that are currently being gang raped every single day of their lives?

Can you answer that question? I can hardly wait to hear your answer? ~$heopleNation

By my standards, I should not be even giving you a reply for you had NOT the decency or guts to even answer my simple question, and yet you have the cheek to sanctimonously expect me to reply to yours? Who the hell do you think you are?

Nevertheless, I am not petty, and will give you your 15 seconds.

Start a new thread about other genocides if you wish and don't try to deflect this thread. This thread is not about the dead, but about the living that will SOON BE DEAD IF WE DO NOTHING.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Let me take SheopleNation's question and rephrase it so you can begin to possibly comprehend: why are you prioritizing THIS potential series of deaths over all of the OTHER potential (and now in some cases realized) series of deaths? What is it about Syria that makes you think you have a right to interfere in THEIR internal quarrels? All of these other places have precedent - those people were dying long before the situation in Syria, and you did nothing that I've been able to find. But now, strangely enough, you are all gung-ho to send in the troops. I guess that's an easy thing to do when it's not YOU dodging the bullets. You're all too damned happy to sacrifice MY son for the benefit of a particular group of strangers, but not any other particular groups of strangers who have precedence, time-wise.

Why is that? Why are you typing on the internet and not putting your money where your mouth is, and over in Syria dodging bullets and mortars with your buddies? They're not MY buddies, nor my son's. They're yours. Why are YOU not there, preferring to send others to die in your stead, for nothing more than to to poke your nose into someone else's business?

I'm not willing to sacrifice my son nor a dime of my gold to benefit my enemies in the Muslim Brotherhood, nor am I willing to sacrifice either for YOUR misguided sense of "moral superiority".

edit on 2013/5/12 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Again, another attempt to deflect from answering a SIMPLE question I posed. And yet, I am to reply to your self centred question?

Be glad, very glad, I am a man of patience and have no pettiness, except pity for those who have eyes and yet sought not to see, have a heart, and yet not to feel.

No one, absolutely no one, is asking you to sacrifice your son, DO make it clear and admit your lie.

No one is forced to be conscripted for wars. No one is forced to pay taxes, as they can leave the nation anytime and find a better bolt hole on earth whereby he and his family CAN be irresponsible to the nation that had nurtured him by taxes and services sacrificed by others, and even peace and prosperity won by intelligent foreign policies and support from other nationals.

USA is a democratic republic. No one is forced against his will, except to follow the legislated laws that had been made by a freely voted and elected representative of the People, to discuss an debate issues so as to find a solution that satisfy the majority whom shares the land in peace..

Airports are open 24/7 for those who do not wish to live in a democracy. North Korea welcomes immigrants and would be a good place for those whom are self centred and prefers tyrannical rule. Just make sure that you belong to the priviledge side of the tyrants.

I hope you appreciate my time and effort to illuminate your low intellect to better and evolved comprehension on the responsiblities of humans to society and the world we all share, though I doubt you will. But fortunately, people like you is only one or the few, or USA would not have been what it is today - a progressive, resiliant, cooperative and responsible world power.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Again, another attempt to deflect from answering a SIMPLE question I posed.

I've already answered your question a couple of times. the answer is that it's irrelevant and a straw-man argument. Since you are apparently unable to comprehend that answer, though, I'll give you another one. In the scenario you describe, and attempting to stretch it far enough to make it somehow fit the topic of the thread, I would move the child out of the road, not call a road crew to fix the potholes while I left the child in the road.

The situation in Syria is your attempt to fix the potholes while leaving the child for dead. In fact, you are insisting on putting the child in the path of the repair-crew trucks.

And yet, I am to reply to your self centred question?

It's not self-centered, it's nation-centered. I'm not the only American whose child you would send to his death for nothing.

Be glad, very glad, I am a man of patience and have no pettiness, except pity for those who have eyes and yet sought not to see, have a heart, and yet not to feel.

No, but thanks for asking. I can't fathom a reason I should care whether you are a patient man or not.

No one, absolutely no one, is asking you to sacrifice your son, DO make it clear and admit your lie.

No. It's not a lie. In war fine young men get killed permanently dead. I know that very well. At least as well as you, and I strongly suspect a good deal better. You are agitating to expand a war, and bring on even MORE death and destruction. Am I speaking to the Angel of Death here?

No one is forced to be conscripted for wars. No one is forced to pay taxes, as they can leave the nation anytime and find a better bolt hole on earth whereby he and his family CAN be irresponsible to the nation that had nurtured him by taxes and services sacrificed by others, and even peace and prosperity won by intelligent foreign policies and support from other nationals.

If you didn't register for the draft, then Uncle Sugar would like to have a word with you. I registered for it, and now my son has as well. The rest is irrelevant drivel. MY taxes paid to MY nation have nothing to do with Syria. I did not pay taxes to Assad, and I owe Syria nothing. "Sacrifice for others" is NOT a subject you want to engage me on. You will lose, badly. We can compare scars some time. You seem to be intent on insuring that everyone BUT yourself observes their sacrifices. I already have. Your turn now.

Hmmm... you've not registered for the draft, and insist on everyone else BUT yourself sacrificing... I get the impression I may be talking to Warmonger-In-Chief Obama himself.

"Intelligent foreign policy" involves not getting enmired where the nation does not need to, nor have any interest in. It DEFINITELY does not involve giving aid and comfort to the enemies of THIS nation. That, in fact, is a war crime.

USA is a democratic republic. No one is forced against his will, except to follow the legislated laws that had been made by a freely voted and elected representative of the People, to discuss an debate issues so as to find a solution that satisfy the majority whom shares the land in peace..

Still irrelevant. I'm hoping you will be able to hit the mark at some point. We are not discussing intervention in American internal squabbles. The topic is spelled S-Y-R-I-A.

Airports are open 24/7 for those who do not wish to live in a democracy. North Korea welcomes immigrants and would be a good place for those whom are self centred and prefers tyrannical rule. Just make sure that you belong to the priviledge side of the tyrants.

You're welcome to come attempt to throw me out at your leisure. I paid my dues. If you had, you would not be talking nonsense like this. I don't think your eviction of me would go all that well. You'd best go get some experience of such events in Syria before you have a go at it.

I did my part to insure that you can speak your mind in this country, but my God I do wish you would at least attempt to make sense when you do, and arrive somewhere near the topic you allege to be speaking on.

I hope you appreciate my time and effort to illuminate your low intellect to better and evolved comprehension on the responsiblities of humans to society and the world we all share, though I doubt you will. But fortunately, people like you is only one or the few, or USA would not have been what it is today - a progressive, resiliant, cooperative and responsible world power.

I'll appreciate your effort when you are able to address the questions I posed. So far, all I'm seeing in this response of yours is deflection and tangential travel, NO response to the questions whatsoever. Only desperate avoidance.

I know and perform my responsibility to society, thank you, but more importantly I know which society I am responsible TO.

It's not the outlawed (in Syria) Muslim Brotherhood.

I suppose time will tell how many of me there are here. March on in to Syria at your will, and find out how many we are.

edit on 2013/5/12 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   

By my standards, I should not be even giving you a reply for you had NOT the decency or guts to even answer my simple question, and yet you have the cheek to sanctimonously expect me to reply to yours?

= Epic Fail, you need to do more truth seeking my friend. You never even asked me a question, I posted one time in this thread. I understand that it must be difficult for you to remember who you're arguing with since it seems to be with everybody.

Who the hell do you think you are?

I am $heopleNation.

Nevertheless, I am not petty, and will give you your 15 seconds.

Oh please do.

Start a new thread about other genocides if you wish and don't try to deflect this thread. This thread is not about the dead, but about the living that will SOON BE DEAD IF WE DO NOTHING.

No actually it's about moral obligations, and there are millions all over Africa who are still currently suffering. So instead of making up excuses in order to enforce a hypocritical position, just admit that their is no money or advantage in it for people who think like you, like there certainly will be in Syria.

Hey? Have a great day! ~$heopleNation

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   

USA has no business taking sides in a civil war. If you do not know, educate yourself. US is causing massive loss of life and property destruction in Syria.

CIA is a master of false-flag attacks. But let me tell you, a soldier is not known by the uniform he wears or the titles he carries, but the master who paid him. There is a higher power that sees everything and punishment is sent to nations at an appropriate time.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by GargIndia

USA has no business taking sides in a civil war. If you do not know, educate yourself. US is causing massive loss of life and property destruction in Syria.

If you think I've been arguing that it does, you have not been paying attention.

CIA is a master of false-flag attacks. But let me tell you, a soldier is not known by the uniform he wears or the titles he carries, but the master who paid him. There is a higher power that sees everything and punishment is sent to nations at an appropriate time.

If you think I am uneducated as to soldiering and the CIA, you have not been paying attention there, either.

Battles must be picked, rather than engaged in at random. Syria is not a battle that makes any sense for the US to engage in. If you're going to fight at all, fight like you mean it, fight to win. If one is to win, there must be a prize to BE won. Syria is no prize. My boss used to tell me that he didn't pay us to fight, he paid us to win. There is nothing to win in Syria, and no way to win it. There are no "good guys" to support there.

None.

They should be left alone and allowed to kill each other to their heart's content, until Syria is entirely empty. Then sell the country as scrap to Jordan.

edit on 2013/5/13 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Obama: We have a moral obligation to end the slaughter and ensure a stable Syria

Sounds exactly like Bush43.
Like I said .. not much daylight between Obama and Bush43 .. Obama and Romney ....
Same/same.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Sounds exactly like Bush43.
Like I said .. not much daylight between Obama and Bush43 .. Obama and Romney ....
Same/same.

You could have added McCain, Guiliani, Clinton (both of 'em), Gore, Kerry, and a whole host of others into that equation and STILL gotten the same answer after adding it up. There's not a nickel's worth of difference among the lot of them. the US doesn't need a "third party" any more, it needs a SECOND one, one that can be differentiated from the other two, which are in reality merging into one.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Appropriate
www.youtube.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join