It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

would they tell us if it happened today?/

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
iIwas watching the military channel & they were doing a commerical on the oval office & the cuba missle crisis
& that got me thinking , say if the same senerio happened today would they even tell us given the same situation??
i know they had a ton of secrets even back then , but for some reason the goverment seemed to feel we were all in this together mentality.
today i dont think i would see potus giving a prime time address to the nation if the same thing was unfolding !!

i think it would be a back channel deal that wouldnt see the public light of day or am i wrong ,?? whats everybody think ??

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by blackz28

They would tell us if they thought it would be beneficial to Der Fuhrer and his regime.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
they'd probably 'let us know' in a roundabout way by good old fashion 'false flag' blowin' up some more people!

...of course they'll use actors.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Controvert - know what they do and know how to protect yourself - its all you can do.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Yes they would tell us because they would need to sell it to the American people.

There is nothing to gain by keeping it secret and bringing it out in the open will allow them room for error if they make a mistake.

If it were kept secret and something bad happened they would look worse than if they had been open and upfront about it. Certainly their responses and plans will be kept secret but if China were to place nuclear weapons in Mexico I'd almost guarantee that Obama would inform us of it and that he is working on a solution.

No reason not to.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
They'd tell us if they got caught, otherwise what issue are you referring too?

It's how most governments do things now, only telling info if they have too or on a need to know basis. Best way to keep certain info out of public eye is not to even make info about it.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tranceopticalinclined
They'd tell us if they got caught, otherwise what issue are you referring too?

It's how most governments do things now, only telling info if they have too or on a need to know basis. Best way to keep certain info out of public eye is not to even make info about it.

Yes but something such as the Cuban Missile Crisis is a bit different then some sneaky government policy like the IRS issue and that is what the OP referred to.

Of course they would tell us, they'd almost have to in order to garner support for what any actions they take. Kind of hard to send our military into a foreign nation and keep it secret.

new topics

top topics

join