It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syrian death toll tops 19,000, say activists...Israel had nothing to do with these

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Any country that is trying to prevent certain weapons from falling into the hands of those they feel will use them on said country is well within it's rights to prevent those weapons from falling into those hands. If Mexico was fighting a civil war and there were radical Mexicans that were considered anti-American you can bet your *** the USA would do what was necessary to prevent those weapons from being used against them.

www.guardian.co.uk...

An activist group claims that more than 2,750 people have been killed in Syria so far this month, bringing the death toll since the conflict began to more than 19,000. The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said if the current rate of killing continued until the end of July, it would be the deadliest month since the Syrian uprising erupted in March 2011. The Observatory's chief, Rami Abdul-Rahman, said on Sunday that 2,752 people, including 1,933 civilians, 738 government troops and 81 rebels, were killed in the first 21 days of July. Abdul-Rahman said June had been the deadliest month with 2,924 deaths. The average daily death toll in June was 94, while this month it has increased to an average of 131 a day.

Syria doesn't need Israel's help in killing their own people. Blaming Israel for trying to keep certain factions from procuring weapons that will be unleashed in the direction of Israel is not prudent. They could care less who wins that CIVIL war.

I realize the article I am using is a tad bit out of date, but I wanted to illustrate this has been happening in Syria for a long time and Israel only strikes when they think they need to, they have not killed Syrians, they have tried to eliminate specific threats to their own country.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
19000?
Then why do I keep hearing "The Assad regimes war has already killed over 70000 people since it began" from the main stream press?

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
How big is that disinformation manual getting these days, eh? Do they still put it in a 3 ring binder?

No matter, Israel is being called out for unprovoked attacks. At least this time they're not using white phosphorus.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I dont see where the 19000 dead figure is coming from, the UN currently estimates about 70 000 dead, i cant really see them getting the estimates that far off so it would be interesting to see the origonal source of the 19000 dead claim

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by soulpowertothendegree

LOL, nice figures...
LOL, israeli terrorists not involved...
Btw there is a civil war going on in Mexico... or was, the cartels won.
But they are not anti American, they really love our alphabet soup agencies who funded their wars.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Berzerked
19000?
Then why do I keep hearing "The Assad regimes war has already killed over 70000 people since it began" from the main stream press?

`

I realize the article I am using is a tad bit out of date

Either way it supports my statement they don't need Israel's help killing their own people.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
I dont see where the 19000 dead figure is coming from, the UN currently estimates about 70 000 dead, i cant really see them getting the estimates that far off so it would be interesting to see the origonal source of the 19000 dead claim

Are you blind? Try actually reading what I wrote and the article is posted for you.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541

LOL, nice figures...
LOL, israeli terrorists not involved...
Btw there is a civil war going on in Mexico... or was, the cartels won.
But they are not anti American, they really love our alphabet soup agencies who funded their wars.

I didn't make this up, I quoted a source and the fact is there are 3 times more that are dead since the article I used was written, however, interestingly enough Israel is not responsible for the 70,000 deaths in Syria, the Syrians are.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   

My point was that I dont believe that 50,000 people have been killed since that article was written last July.
And whats so hard to believe about Syrians killing each other. Iraqis kill Iraqis, Afghans kill Afghans, Africans kill Africans and Americans kill Americans.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by soulpowertothendegree

Are you blind? Try actually reading what I wrote and the article is posted for you.

I think you might want to check your attitude it is a reasonable question

You only said that your source was a “tad out of date” not that it was a year out of date and hence the discrepancy in the figures, if you had I might have understood why the figures were different. Also your title “Syrian Death toll tops 1900….” Again implies that this is a article that is about the current death toll in Syria. If you didn’t make your OP clear enough that is your fault not mines, I am not the only one who has asked about this. Other than you rude attitude a simple “my source is a year old, sorry about the title” would have sufficed rather than “are you blind”.

Anyway

Other than bad attitude to anyone who asks any kind of question I happen to agree with the sentiment of your thread that it’s not Israel that’s killing all the Syrians it’s the Syrians themselves, but that is kind of an obvious point to make in a Civil war.

edit on 9-5-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by soulpowertothendegree

I remember another poster who used the phrase "are you blind?". Is that you Dracula? Is your little punk ass here again to spread more disinfo to the members of ATS? Who's payroll are you on son? CIA? MICKEY MOUSE?

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   

If Mexico was fighting a civil war and there were radical Mexicans that were considered anti-American you can bet your *** the USA would do what was necessary to prevent those weapons from being used against them.

O.o

Huh? Where have you been? The Fast and Furious scandal doesn't ring a bell? Benghazi? Obama funded the weapons to the terrorists...er rebels i mean in Lybia before Ghaddafi was killed. These same weapons wielded by the exact same people came right back and killed our people at Benghazi, because thats what muslim "extremists" do. Osama bin Laden is prime example, taking the stuff we gave him, and using it against us and what did our presidents do? For decades they didn't do a damn thing knowing the man was a threat and then 9/11 happened. Now recently we have the Boston bombing and once again people who had been marked as threats, don't even so much as register as a blip on the radar when it comes to having them staked out and investigated.

You must be trolling...
edit on 9-5-2013 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Your very last sentence in the OP is false.
Israel just killed over a hundred Syrian elite soldiers when they were "protecting" themselves with a rocket attack on the outskirts of Damascus.

Why can't Iran, for example, attack the nuclear bomb-building sites of the Israeli's and be justified? Are those weapons not for warfare on others? And Iran is one of the "others?" Israel and its supporters want it both ways. The world is getting tired of that argument.

For Israel to claim that it must do that to defend its "right to exist" is a hollow argument. They squatters by force.

new topics

top topics

join