It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Marriage Announcement

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu
reply to post by LadyJae

Thank you!

OB says to tell you "may the peace and blessings of God be upon your head and those you love. I love you Lady, and thank you for such inspiring words and your own inspiring story, and you're right, it's up to our own determination to make life work, and nothing worth having is ever easy".

She seems to think I'm worth having - time will tell! I know she is!

And may the peace and blessings of God be upon you and those you hold close. That love is returned a hundredfold, dear one. I am so very blessed to have met the two of you and have been a small part of your life.

You are both worth having! If not, this love story would have never been.

I am ever just a message away

J

edit on 5/9/2013 by LadyJae because: formatting

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Greetings, y'all!

ATS is not normally known as a dating site, but it IS known for topics of high strangeness, This is one of them. I met my current wife right here at good old ATS. How's that for conspiratorially weird? It gets weirder... You see, she's a Muslim, and I'm not. Most folks familiar with my posts would have never guessed such a thing. Not in a million years. I follow Jesus (well, about as well as I can, anyhow), but I'm not any sort of Christian I've ever run across, and can't seriously call myself one on that account. Anyone who has read any of the running battles I've had with Muslims here would never have guessed I'd marry one, but there it is. Just goes to show that we don't have to spend ALL of our time trying to kill one another off - we can take breaks from it, and learn in the process.

I think it goes to show that God as a first/last cause has a wonderful sense of irony and playful humor.

Congrats!

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiveForever8

Originally posted by thesmokingman
Congratulations

This gives me hope to try and chat with Darrllyn

Or maybe I can turn Manhater around

I did try to chat up Phage once.

He pointed out the flaws in my proposal with numerous diagrams and scientific data. He obviously thought it would discourage me but, little did he know, I happen to find pie charts sexy.

Congratulations though, neno.

you will find phage more mellow and chilled out now since he admitted that he knew
all along that the moon landings were faked, chemtrails are real and that 9/11 was
a fakery extravaganza and that he only took the counter position on all these various
and sundry issues out of pure boredom. it was all a huge load off of his mind to finally
come clean, and you might find him a different proposition now should you choose to
reconnect with old feelings.

hope springs eternal and love will always find a path (usually geodesic).

anyway, best of luck to you in this, john. all ATS is rooting for you, mate.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Congratulations to the happy couple!

Now...where's the rum?

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   
WOW! Congratulations Nenothtu and OB! You just never know what life has in store, do you? Ask her how it feels to be Queen Regent....

edit on 9-0520135-1313 by gwynnhwyfar because: Spelling

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

I think it goes to show that God as a first/last cause has a wonderful sense of irony and playful humor.

Congrats!

Don't he though? You just never know what's coming down the pike until it gets ya!

edit on 2013/5/9 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dembow
Congratulations to the happy couple!

Now...where's the rum?

I uh, think most of it found it's way into Des's cake...

Here, have another slice!

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by gwynnhwyfar
WOW! Congratulations Nenothtu and OB! You just never know what life has in store, do you? Ask her how it feels to be Queen Regent....

She said - and I'm directly quoting here, so don't think I'm making grandiose claims - that "it's wonderful. I get back rubs, foot massages, and pampered beyond belief."

Rank has it's privileges, eh?

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Congrats!

Don't he though? You just never know what's coming down the pike until it gets ya!

And if that's you in your avatar then it shows that there's hope for us all!

P.S. I'm still single, and Christian.

Single Christian seeking Muslim wife - that would make for a funny personal add.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
good job
hope you both the best

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   

And if that's you in your avatar then it shows that there's hope for us all!

Nope, that ain't ain't me, but I refer you to to my earlier post with a link to my picture in the ATS member's thread - it's still pretty gruesome. There IS hope for all, after all!

P.S. I'm still single, and Christian.

Single Christian seeking Muslim wife - that would make for a funny personal add.

PSST! Apparently Muslim women don't know what a "DV" is - OB is STILL laughing over that... or rather the picture it put in her head of her smacking me in the head with a DVD player and the improbability that presents. If word of that gets out, those personals ads will be popping up like dandelions! But in all seriousness, they DO seem to have a different view of life and marriage that makes it worth the effort to safeguard them in their religion!

edit on 2013/5/9 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
What an amazing post. I loved it. Sounds like you love her, she loves you, you let her be and vice versa and you two are SHARING LIFE which is what it's all about and being there for each other. Sending you super congratulations and prayers for a shared life that continues to grow with love and respect and happiness. Hugs to you both!

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ccseagull

Thank you!

Yes, we do let each other "be", and be what they are. That's the only way to fly. From my perspective, I don't feel a need to make her decisions for her. If I wanted to raise another kid, I'd have had another one. I'm old, and don't have time to raise any more little girls. I got one that can make up her own mind, and I'm happy with that!

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
My wife and I knew each other for a year before our wedding day. Six months of hating one another (had to work together, with her organizational type-A vs. my artistic 'free-flow' approach)

Then one day we realized we didn't hate each other any more. Conversations began, those turned into dates, and the rest is history.

That was almost 16 years ago, and I can count on one hand the number of times we've actually had a bona fide yelling match in those years.

So my point is don't listen to any naysayers who doom you failure based on statistics. The man who married my wife and I gave us priceless advice: Neither she nor I should ever take the other for granted. He told us to always keep in mind what the other is sacrificing for the family. I think maybe that old guy gave us the key to making a marriage work: Always putting your partner before yourself. If both can maintain that, it's nothing but a win-win.

Congratulations BTW! I love the part about getting married at the bus stop. That's awesome, and speaks volumes about both of your intentions! Here's to many anniversaries ahead!

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Wishing you both many beautiful and happy years together.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by blamethegreys

Excellent advice! Taking the other for granted will eventually lead to one day when you wake up and they're no longer there to be taken at all. People are not furniture or fixtures, and they don't generally take well to being treated like one.

They more often take off instead.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by gwynnhwyfar

She said - and I'm directly quoting here, so don't think I'm making grandiose claims - that "it's wonderful. I get back rubs, foot massages, and pampered beyond belief."

Rank has it's privileges, eh?

LOL - Apparently so!! I am so happy for you both! Keep on keeping on (and try keeping the kids off the lawn, now!?)

Hugs,
Gwynn

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Congrats......I think?
I sincerely hope it works out better than my online romance.

I met a woman online from Oregon back in the 90s I guess. We knew each other for two years, corresponded online and the telephone. She seemed to be my soul mate.

We were both lonely and best of friends, so we decided to get married.

I had never heard this woman raise her voice, let alone get mad. Three months into the marriage, a crazy woman came out of the closet. Screaming, getting in my face, snatching things out of my hands. Three months later we were separated and a year later divorced. She went back to Oregon. I wish she had moved to China.

Biggest mistake of my life.

Having said that, I really hope it works for you and wish you all the happiness in the world.

Cursed

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Don't know you but S&F just because the message needs to be heard far and wide. Opposites attract and we can love and just let people be.

Best wishes to you both.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

I am so happy for you two...best wishes and happiness to you both! As far as what some folks say, about things won't go well if ya didn't know each other long....nah. Hubby and I only knew each other about three weeks, got hitched and are about to celebrate our 50th Wedding Anniversary soon. It can work out. Two soul mates, meant to be together...it's wonderful...it will be the same for ya'll, I'd bet on it.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join