It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Roses

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by LastStarfighter

That looks really good. Nice.
Thank you.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

My Sister can paint very well after several years of doing it, me I tried it and it is hard! I like to think I am a hack artist but I couldn't hack oils LOL
Maybe you should persevere.

Since this is my first painting I think that the second one will not be that hard to do it.

Or maybe it will.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Pie, I cannot believe that is your first painting. Congratulations, it is quite good! I know it is not the focal point of your composition, but I am taken with the vase and the wooden table with the petals on in. You are not afraid of color and seem to pull out the many dimensions of a single color. Love it!

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by piequal3because14

My Sister can paint very well after several years of doing it, me I tried it and it is hard! I like to think I am a hack artist but I couldn't hack oils LOL
Maybe you should persevere.

Since this is my first painting I think that the second one will not be that hard to do it.

Or maybe it will.

I will take up some form of art again soon I think. I want to try writing (not just poetry). I am sort of Modern Renaissance man I dabble in many things occasionally mastering a few.

Do show us your second when you are finished! And don't be to self-critical unless you really do horrible LOL but the looks of your first is better then I have done.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by piequal3because14

I think i'll stick to your lovely bright roses, i painted the oldest church of Ireland which is in a lovely wooded area here and my aunt thought it was my cottage by the sea
just shows you what a brill painter i am tut.

Keep up the brill work
edit on 9-5-2013 by ballymoney50 because: to many a's

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by DiscreteParticle

I cannot believe that is your first painting.
Actually it is.

You are not afraid of color and seem to pull out the many dimensions of a single color. Love it!
Oh I am not afraid of anything.

Thank you.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Do show us your second when you are finished! And don't be to self-critical unless you really do horrible LOL but the looks of your first is better then I have done.
I will do so,and I guess you should try again do some painting,I am sure it would look good.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   

I will do so,and I guess you should try again do some painting,I am sure it would look good.

meh I know a lost cause...I might start sketching again first so I can unlearn what I have learned and begin again.

edit on 9-5-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   

meh I a know a lost cause...I might start sketching again first so I can unlearn what I have learned and begin again.
Never say never.

I'll wait to see your paintings.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   

meh I a know a lost cause...I might start sketching again first so I can unlearn what I have learned and begin again.
Never say never.

I'll wait to see your paintings.

No breath holding ok!

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ballymoney50

i painted the oldest church of Ireland which is in a lovely wooded area here and my aunt thought it was my cottage by the sea
Not everyone understand arts.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
excellent work for a first painting, very well done indeed

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by reaper2

excellent work for a first painting, very well done indeed
Thank you.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Holy MOLY! Your style is a bit Van Gogh-ish, Only YOURS is a little better.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I can smell the paint, beautiful canvas.....take a bow and I will say wow!

Well done,
Regards, Iwinder

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Lovely painting, I would be proud to have it displayed on my living room wall for all to see. I quit painting many years ago even though I had been published and sold my artwork. Just got too busy making a living. My medium was oils only, loved working with them.

As you can tell, your work has brought joy to others already even though it's your first painting. Please continue to spread the joy of your beautiful work far and wide as it brightens our lives to behold its beauty.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Your first?????
Oh pie, I LOVE it! I too would proudly display this in my home.
Please do more!!!

Paint these.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   

It's evocative. There's something about it. I like it!

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Lovely!!! I would like to bid on this piece...wherever did you find it??? Ooops reread the OP and realized your the shy artist!!! You are a very talented artist!!!

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I think you did a good job. It doesn't look flat. It has a definite three dimensional quality. It lives. That's the main thing.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join