It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious aircraft puzzles Quincy Residents

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
FAA says 'it's an authorized flight'

Source :
www.wcvb.com...

They won't say what exactly it is, but "not a drone." Anyone else find this strange?

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by kyyuulle

It looks like a drone but they say it isn't a drone. What the hell is it then an alien craft?

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Strange indeed, I wish there was some sort of video or pics, to go off. It could be anything, but im leaning more towards some sort of recon or drone judging by what witnesses have said. who knows though

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by billy565

The aircraft in the picture is NOT the aircraft flying over the city. As far as the article reads no one has seen that aircraft, they've only heard the drone of its engines as it flies overhead.

There are apparently several aviation companies in the area, so it could be a flight test of a new system, or aircraft from one of them.
edit on 5/9/2013 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

If that is the case, then a proper flight plan was filed. Is that flight plan available via a FOIA request? Then, more data on it;s origin and purpose could be learned.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
simple, if they see it, shoot it down lol

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Krakatoa

In some cases you don't even need a FOIA request to get a flight plan, but there's no reason you couldn't. Let me dig around and see if I can pull up any information on anything that might be flying a local flight.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58

In some cases you don't even need a FOIA request to get a flight plan, but there's no reason you couldn't. Let me dig around and see if I can pull up any information on anything that might be flying a local flight.

A comment (in a local online paper, The Patriot Ledger) by user "MikeGund" stated:

MikeGund : I know exactly what this plane is... it is a FBI CESSNA C182, REG N906TM, who knows why.. just glad to know what it is at last and that the rain sounds better

Mysterious aircraft puzzles Quincy residents - Quincy, MA - The Patriot Ledger

Checking that tail number in flight aware here shows nothing of any consequence. If I read this correctly, the last known landing of this craft was on Monday Feb 18th:

Boire Field (KASH – info) Nashua, NH
05:50PM EST
Scheduled: 05:36PM EST

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   

N906TM shows registered to RKT Productions, in Bristow Virginia, which is only five months old. Which is interesting because they took delivery of the aircraft in 2011. That's the only information about them on the web.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Got excited and grabbed my camera. I'm a couple hours away from Quincy..... Then I saw it's not Quincy Illinois....... DAMMIT.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Unmanned Drones are the future..in fact they are the now...why pay for a pilot and co-pilot and ground crew when you can have someone playing a video game miles away for a fraction of the cost...

The police heli flies day and most of the night here weather permitting...Mostly checking for heat sources that shouldn't be there..ie..Hash factories...

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Its being followed on twitter in the Boston area. Its not a mystery. Its a CESSNA 208.

AN FBI CESSNA 208, REG N1132F, IS CURRENTLY AIRBORNE OVER THE BOSTON METRO AREA AT 7,600 FT ASL, SQUAWK 5150.

Linky
edit on 9-5-2013 by Digital_Reality because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Nicely spotted. I was gonna say...the pic in the article IS a drone.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Digital_Reality
Its being followed on twitter in the Boston area.

AN FBI CESSNA 208, REG N1132F, IS CURRENTLY AIRBORNE OVER THE BOSTON METRO AREA AT 7,600 FT ASL, SQUAWK 5150.

Linky

And Flight Aware has it's last registered flight info here: N1132F

Can anyone in-the-know, comment on how accurate and up-to-date FlightAware is supposed to be?

EDIT FOR COMMENT: So, squawk 5150 (the code number for criminally insane)

edit on 9-5-2013 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
reply to post by billy565

The aircraft in the picture is NOT the aircraft flying over the city. As far as the article reads no one has seen that aircraft, they've only heard the drone of its engines as it flies overhead.

There are apparently several aviation companies in the area, so it could be a flight test of a new system, or aircraft from one of them.
edit on 5/9/2013 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

Ohhh...I was confused because the pic is a drone.

Hmm I think you're right it must be some new aircraft. Odd that they're keeping it so hush - hush and yet flying it over a populated area.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   

They're usually pretty good about being up to date. Flightradar24 shows it flying on the 22nd though as the last flight.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Ill bet that baby is just packed with the latest look down see in sidescanning taildragging #.
Perhaps a terror cell is what they are still investigating?
The whole scenario sounds like intense surveylance to me......

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
Ill bet that baby is just packed with the latest look down see in sidescanning taildragging #.
Perhaps a terror cell is what they are still investigating?
The whole scenario sounds like intense surveylance to me......

Well, the MBTA Red-Line has a Quincy Stop. The Red-Lne intersects with the Orange Line at the Downtown Crossing stop (where you can change lines from red to Orange). The Boston Marathon bombers were allegedly picked up by a taxi at the Malden Orange Line T stop the day before (Sunday morning). I wonder if it's related. If so, then changing lines from Red to Orange would be a rudimentary attempt to cover their tracks (since the Red Line goes directly from MIT stop, near their home, to the Quincy Stop.

(See yellow highlighted areas for MIT and Quincy stops)

It could be an interesting twist.....

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   
"The Federal Aviation Administration knows what’s up there but it’s not telling the public."

Guess no one needs to know.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Nephalim

If it were military, or testing a military payload, then no, we don't need to always know. There are certain cases with law enforcement when we don't need to know at the time, but will find out later as well.

new topics

top topics

join