It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Letter on body of slain Dutch filmmaker was death threat to politician

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 12:17 AM
link   
A letter found stuck on the body of filmmaker Theo van Gogh, contains a death threat to Dutch politician Ayaan Hirsi Ali. Ali, has been outspoken in her criticism of Islam. The note which was stuck to the body with a knife, was an open letter to Ali.

story.news.yahoo.com
THE HAGUE (AFP) - A letter found stuck on the body of slain filmmaker Theo van Gogh with a knife contained a direct death threat to liberal Dutch politician Ayaan Hirsi Ali, also known for her criticism of Islam, the Dutch justice minister announced late Thursday.

Another letter found with a suspect arrested in the case was a farewell letter stating that he was prepared to die as a martyr for his faith, Piet Hein Donner said.

"The letters express an extreme religious ideology whereby enemies of Islam are told to fear for their lives," Donner told a press conference.

The letter found on the filmmaker's body after he was shot in Amsterdam on Tuesday was an open letter to controversial liberal politician Ayaan Hirsi Ali.

"It contains a direct threat to her and allusions to the holy war as it is waged by Muslim extremists," he added.

Donner said the Dutch intelligence services will get extra money and manpower to guard people named in the letter and to step up the monitoring of Islam extremists in the Netherlands.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Dutch Justice Minister Piet Hein Donner was quoted as saying �It contains a direct threat to her and allusions to the holy war as it is waged by Muslim extremists". He further indicated a stepped up surveillance of Islamic radicals and protection would be extended to those named in the letter. Ali, raised the ire of Muslims by calling Mohammed "a perverted tyrant" and other statements critical of the religion.

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Dutch Filmmaker Theo Van Gogh Murdered

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Let me guess this right, this guy is saying hey "dutch people say anything bad about islam and i'll kill you". It's like they have a dicator (muslims arab) in power dominating the dutch people on what they can say.

Well dutch people that's what you get for importing the (wolves muslims) into you country, your own stupdity is cause's of your own problems. Next time read the koran before allowing muslims to come into your country.

This Muslim murderor of the dutch man, his just made his cause worse. I'm sure the dutch people really want Islam out of their country now.

Muslim's believe that killing non muslims, makes them submit to their demands. But in reality, makes non muslims more hostile to them.

Muslims just can't fit into civilised society's. Best not to let them in or your asking for trouble.

[edit on 5-11-2004 by Thinker]

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 01:13 AM
link   
European governments and American governments know this. But they know they must maintain a relationship with Islam because most the oil comes from Islamic countries. So not allowing Muslims into ones nation is offending the Islamic nations. This would cause a bad relationship and the energy reserves will then weaken all the nations that are anti Islam and bankrupt the cooperation�s. So the sideofeffect of this relationship is that non Muslim�s get sacrificed for cooperation�s and the nation's economy.

So the government goes with this choice. This why they are trying stop many terrorist attacks from happening. If there are too many civilians killed by muslim it will cause a massive uproar of the people in which then will force the islamic popoulation to leave the european and america.

So in a way terrorism is kept alive by the governments.

Let it geting out control will evenulally end it. But controling it will make it last for years like the governments are doing now.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Muslims just can't fit into civilised society's

Ah, Thinker, your name is bitterly ironic

[edit on 5-11-2004 by mattpryor]

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Is it just a cooincidence that holland just dropped the Kosher Food tax right before this happened? Check out my thread "Is this Better". The jewish community was recently enraged at holland over this.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
I don't remeber what page the holland bit is on, but I know holland was paying the smae billions we are. Intersting Holland should become a terrorist concern eh?

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy
Is it just a cooincidence that holland just dropped the Kosher Food tax right before this happened?

Twitchy,

Not everything revolves around your Kosher food conspiracy eh? This is the secont post you have placed a link for your Kosher food theory post in. Not every conspiracy or event in the world revolves around this eh?

[edit on 11/5/04 by FredT]

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Right you are fred, that is why I worded it as a question and used the word cooincidence. Here I will explain my post in this link...
dictionary.reference.com...

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy
Right you are fred, that is why I worded it as a question and used the word cooincidence. Here I will explain my post in this link...
dictionary.reference.com...

Thanks just what I needed to understand

Hmmmm how many other threads are you going to ponder the "Kosher Conspiracy in"?????

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by mattpryor

Muslims just can't fit into civilised society's

Ah, Thinker, your name is bitterly ironic

Ahhh.. it's amazing that being critical of the way Muslims behaive can suddenly get you branded as an idiot. I suggest some reading sir, the muslim religion is a VERY dangerous thing and the persion / arab mindset is one of intolerance and world domination.

Here are some links (Note I used both liberal and conservative sources):

Jihad without End

Culture of Hate

Oh and here's one with a word you should probably understand before you dismiss people's concerns about muslims...

Dhimmitude

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Nope, sorry, still think he's an idiot.

It sickens me the way the far right has siezed on this issue to pedal their own brand of extremism and intolerance.

Saying "Muslims have no place in civilized society" is no different to saying "Blacks have no place in civilized society", or [pick any minority] have no place in civilized society.

You want to know what has no place in civilized socieity? Bigotry. Hatred. Intolerance. Exactly what "Thinker" is preaching, which makes him every bit a part of the problem as any Islamic fundamentalist.

new topics

top topics

join