learn more

America & UK are desperate for battle

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazyewok
The seven year war was why we had to tax the American in the first place. Saveing there arses from French and Indian invasion (plus the European bit of the war) cost the UK dearly and put us in debt. Hence the tax changes causeing the revolution.

Well, I, for one appreciate it. Thank you!

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Romeo1

I really don't want to contribute to turning this interesting and informative thread into the usual US / UK bitch fest, but.....

Without the Americans you would be speaking german...

Highly unlikely.
Some mutually convenient impasse would have been reached.
Once the UK and Commonwealth forces had fully mobilised Germany would never have been able to defeat them.
Would the combined UK / Commonwealth forces been able to completely defeat Axis forces?
Probably not.

.and that is not Hollywood. The only real thing that saved the Brits was Hitlers incompetence and his generals fear of him ..

Without a doubt it contributed.

had they successfully won the air battle of Britten which they very nearly did..

But they didn't.
And that was despite quite considerable aerial superiority.

you would have been invaded.

But we weren't - and no amount of spin or Hollywood re-writing of history can in any way shape or form put that down to any significant US involvement or support.

And after that...we were there because the Brits were begging us to enter the war...

You were there because Japan attacked the USA and then Germany declared war on you.
The USA did not enter the war voluntarily or to help the UK or anyone else - a fact many choose to conveniently ignore.

And prior to Pearl Harbour the USA had been supplying arms to BOTH sides and had made obscenely enormous amounts of money out of the war.

oh and by the way where were you all getting allot of your military equipment from?? the good ol USof A

At hugely inflated prices and unprecedented levels of interest.

As has been pointed out previously the war was won through the combined efforts of all involved and to suggest any other is both an historic innaccuracy and a huge insult to the many thousands of all nationalities who paid the ultimate sacrifice to gain that victory.
edit on 10/5/13 by Freeborn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romeo1

Originally posted by Romeo1

Im also sure that China has not forgot that if not for the Americans in WWII they would be all speaking Japanese right now...

Hits head against wall......

Yeah USA saved the world single handedly.....not.....

LOL in WWII we sure as hell did With a little help from others........let me guess are you French? and if your Chinese then you better review history...uhh that is uncensored history.
edit on 9-5-2013 by Romeo1 because: (no reason given)

Actually without the US selling the Third Reich lots of goods they needed for their tanks and planes and whatnot, there wouldn't have been a major war to begin with

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Sirrurg

Preston Bush - old granddaddy of the Bush clan - in bed with the third riech - do some research.

And they're looking forward to WW3, you can bet on it.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I'm looking forward to WW3 too, then we can have all kinds of sweet arguments about who saved whos ass from the space jews.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I think you may be right in a sense. It is not the "government" really that pushes for wars, but individual politicians who stand to make money via corporations who are involved in the manufacturing of military supplies, hardware, and who provide services and whatnot overseas during times of war. So those politicians, plus the businesses/ corporations themselves, who go to their cronies in the government, and who lobby politicians who they do not already have in their pocket.

It has been said many times, that war is highly profitable. War and oil are two of the biggest money makers ever, and when they get mixed together, we see why people would go to the lengths they do to start them, or to lie to the US public to garner support for a war. Something like 9/11, people say well how could something like that be engineered by Americans, or allies of America, or whoever, and the answer is profit.

I will tell you what a "life" means to many a politician. It means nothing compared to money, first of all, but US lives are only valuable to garner public support and sympathy, and to be used as fodder on the campaign trail. Many of those same politicians who pull strings behind the scenes to do things that make money for big business are the people who do not value human lives or the rights of the US citizen, not to mention some non-citizen in the Middle East. Those who have not already need to wake up. The naivety of many Americans is startling, especially after everything that has been proven already, showing just how corrupt the government is. Think of all the times they have been caught with their hands in the cookie jar, only for the entire thing to disappear. The media doesn't cover it, and everyone forgets. Just think about it. And look at how many of those things have been stalled in court, or thrown out, if they were allowed to get that far.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by cavtrooper7

I'm sorry to say this but you should really consider breaking up your decent sized post to make it easier to read.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Why was this thread even posted . Insane accusations from a ignorant person

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
America and the UK have never stopped fighting.

When have you ever known the UK troops and the US troops, to all be back at home at the same time, at any time in the history of these nations?

They are always fighting someone out there in the world. Obviously, they need to fight, because they are doing it all the time.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by SQUEALER
America and the UK have never stopped fighting.

When have you ever known the UK troops and the US troops, to all be back at home at the same time, at any time in the history of these nations?

They are always fighting someone out there in the world. Obviously, they need to fight, because they are doing it all the time.

In some ways all these small wars are being used to keep the armed forces trained. Small limited wars allow the US and UK to test out its toys and training in a "safe" enviroment, and when I mean "safe" I mean safe as in the countrys we are and have been fighting in dont have the capablities to hit our country back in a big way.

Thing is if a war broke out between China and the USA or UK and Agentina again we will have vetren troops and combat tested gear.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Thing is if a war broke out between China and the USA or UK and Agentina again we will have vetren troops and combat tested gear.

They are preparing for the type of war that will never happen. When China goes to war with the US, that war will be fought with bits, bytes, and currency. China will simply pull the plug on the US Debt, and release the great sucking sound. Then flood the world with an Internet whose webpages are all in Chinese Characters, so the Americans won't even be able to read the news of what's happening.

Many times in my internet surfing, I end up on a Chinese Text webpage, and am struck with how lucky I am that most of the internet is still accessible to me, since it's almost all in English. But, that luxury is changing.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by SQUEALER

They are preparing for the type of war that will never happen. When China goes to war with the US, that war will be fought with bits, bytes, and currency. China will simply pull the plug on the US Debt, and release the great sucking sound. Then flood the world with an Internet whose webpages are all in Chinese Characters, so the Americans won't even be able to read the news of what's happening.

Many times in my internet surfing, I end up on a Chinese Text webpage, and am struck with how lucky I am that most of the internet is still accessible to me, since it's almost all in English. But, that luxury is changing.

A limited war is a real possibility as china have tried to make grabs already for those Japanese Islands it has its eye on. If a war breaks out then the USA will be drawn in. I doubt it will be world war three but itcould be messy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join