America & UK are desperate for battle

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

Exactly

The big nations have been sleeping with each other for a while now globalization was the next step, proxy wars is all we have seen since WW2. Right now some are being played out by 3 of those 5 nations in the Middle-East and Africa.

Dirty word that globalization.

P.S.
I think we have formally pulled out of Afghanistan though some security and training personnel have remained, I may be wrong though.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest

Originally posted by crazyewok
Unless the UK either withdraws from Afganistan or withdraws from protecting the falklands then we cant phyicaly have a war as we wont have anything to use!

I thought you did withdraw from Afghanistan already..

I guess I should re-visit that current conflict to get up to date.

No i think we still have 4000 people there. It 2014 I think we are scheduled to start withdrawing.

It Iraq we withdrew from. Though Im guessing there are SAS and other special force teams still popping in and out of Iraq as needed.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by RAY1990

Exactly

The big nations have been sleeping with each other for a while now globalization was the next step, proxy wars is all we have seen since WW2. Right now some are being played out by 3 of those 5 nations in the Middle-East and Africa.

Dirty word that globalization.

P.S.
I think we have formally pulled out of Afghanistan though some security and training personnel have remained, I may be wrong though.

Another big factor to it also is the proliferation of nuclear weapons.

They have basically ceased direct wars between the major powers.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Alternative4u

Hey everyone, guess who's back? I wasn't aware that Russia had its own 50 cent party. When U.S. GDP is 5 times the size of Russia's, and twice the size of China's, so how exactly are we "broke" compared to you? And from where I sit, it seems that YOU are the one itching for a war between West and East, if your past threads are any indication.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I think the major Risk of another world war world solely be in escalation of a regional conflict.

IE Syria attacks Israel NATO try and enforce a no fly zone. Russia trys to back up Syria by sending pilots and then a NATO country does something dumb like bomb a Russia Air base and then Russia bombs a NATO airbase and then you have a cluster Fck on your hands.

Same with Korea. Some one from either side could get trigger happy triggering a war. If China do decide to back up North Korea (or go for those Japanese Islands) they may push things to far. IE they may sink or damage a USA aircraft carrier triggering a stronger response and then again you got a big cluster fck.

The problem with war even regional ones is all it takes is for someone to do something stupid before cooler heads step in and you end up with a BIG problem!

Look at the first Korean war. MacArthur nearly nuked China! If cooler head in Briatin and the USA had not stoped him then we may not be here today!

edit on 9-5-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Yes and the two biggest contributors to that still have plenty on the table for now, US, China and France still have between 150-300 nuclear weapons active, that is more than enough to destroy the planet if needs be.
I dare say a quarter of the UK's missiles are out at sea... the worst kind of nuclear weapon is the kind that are launched too close to be able to stop.

I'm lucky I was born in a world where nuclear war was not a possibility, I cannot imagine what it was like to live in say the 60's. Those days a long and gone and to be honest I can only see 4 nations ever having the desire or need to use nuclear weapons and those would be:

India and Pakistan for defensive reasons if their counterpart decided to launch. The others would be Israel and North Korea and these are the actual risk with some real possibility, other nations could fit that list but they do not have nuclear weapons luckily enough.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by RAY1990

I offer this to help show how dangerous and really insane this all is...not to correct. I was shocked, myself, when finding this last year while hunting down another story.

The source was the Federation of American Scientists and it's one of many in my Image Vault here at ATS, so I no longer have the precise URL back to the chart page...but it shouldn't be hard to locate it or reverse search the image, since I used it at least once before.

Anyway... Russia is modernizing their nukes like crazy right now (Bombers, Subs and Land based launcher/erectors). The U.S. is modernizing it's nuke force with quiet determination, whatever Obama says in public. (A lot of material on precise details for that are in the public domain and in other spots to find).

I'm not sure I feel better today vs. 1989, except for the fact that I understand the ready nuclear forces of the major powers to still be in Fail Safe condition for targeting. By that I mean, all aimed at a spot in the open ocean to make the biggest hole in the water in world history ....if it started by accident or take over of a launch site.

Deliberate decisions tho? I think the ready forces are still sufficient to destroy life on Earth several times over ...by each nation within the top few, not combined.
Madness....but then, Mutually Assured Destruction has worked in a dark, warped kinda way.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   

I think the major Risk of another world war world solely be in escalation of a regional conflict.

IE Syria attacks Israel NATO try and enforce a no fly zone. Russia trys to back up Syria by sending pilots and then a NATO country does something dumb like bomb a Russia Air base and then Russia bombs a NATO airbase and then you have a cluster Fck on your hands.

Same with Korea. Some one from either side could get trigger happy triggering a war. If China do decide to back up North Korea (or go for those Japanese Islands) they may push things to far. IE they may sink or damage a USA aircraft carrier triggering a stronger response and then again you got a big cluster fck.

The problem with war even regional ones is all it takes is for someone to do something stupid before cooler heads step in and you end up with a BIG problem!

Look at the first Korean war. MacArthur nearly nuked China! If cooler head in Briatin and the USA had not stoped him then we may not be here today!

Russia has every right to send resources etc to Syria but if they were to ever step in it would be under the same guise as the west or nato would go in with. Peace keeping forces to guarantee a safe power change over and the protection of the innocent. In my opinion Korea would evolve into a similar thing if it were to escalate it's chalk and cheese to compare the two though, the Japanese islands that China has it's eyes on is an interesting one though I'm not sure how that would pan out as the US is obligated to defend Japanese territories.
Maybe they'll let the leash off of Japan and let them defend themselves though I'd imagine diplomacy would prevail.

It has never failed with us Brits and Gibralter... Spain really, REALLY wants that rock back

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Thanks for the pic wrabbit

I just used google and this link to re-confirm the numbers I thought were still active.
Link

Some nice little facts in that link, I totally agree with you how crazy the numbers are but atleast they are going down. Russian military modernisation is what got me into sites like ATS well before I was a member, it was the testing of the multi-storage warhead back in 2007 that peaked my interest.

This one:
en.wikipedia.org...

Putin has been radically bringing his military up to scratch for a while and I bet he would love a good opportunity to stretch it's muscles, Georgia was hardly a twitch in the leg compared to what they could be capable of.
Also the opposition the US and USSR (now a federation lol) was always about bettering one another a game that was restarted when Putin came about, one side has always used the other as a point of reference on how we need to better ourselves. It's how these nations are so advanced in terms of warfare even though they have never met on the battlefield.

P.S. I always like reading your views on stuff like this Wrabbit, you always keep it real and sensible

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by RAY1990

Hey, thanks for that link and new information! FAS has been known to be slow with updates and your numbers may well be more accurate as nations have "reduced arms" by dumping old junk and the stuff too big to realistically continue justifying a budget to maintain and keep safe. I'm certainly adding it to my nuclear stats bookmarks.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I don't think the US is wanting to start any wars. The US just wants to go more into debt giving money to everyone in the world except hard working Americans. Those they want to bleed to death to fund it all.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
No they’re really not the last thing they want is a war, notice how they didn’t go invade North Korea when they had the chance, pulled of Libya soon as they could have stepped down in Afghanistan and Iraq, they are even letting Assad kill his own people and have not said anything solid about military intervention.

If the UK is so desperate for a war they why are they actively reducing the size of their military?

So no the UK, USA, and even the French (who would only retreat anyway) don’t want any war.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Now now the French only ever retreat because they forgot to cork the wine bottles, wouldn't want to return victorious to a bunch of bottles of vineger now would they

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romeo1

Im also sure that China has not forgot that if not for the Americans in WWII they would be all speaking Japanese right now...

Hits head against wall......

Yeah USA saved the world single handedly.....not.....

LOL in WWII we sure as hell did With a little help from others........let me guess are you French? and if your Chinese then you better review history...uhh that is uncensored history.
edit on 9-5-2013 by Romeo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   

And dont think for a min that China and Russia would team up against the US...two different types of communism..
They would be never be able to cooperate togeather....let alone fight togeather
Oh and china is in bed with the US allot more than anyone would like to admit...which also doesnt sit well with the Russian's

Im also sure that China has not forgot that if not for the Americans in WWII they would be all speaking Japanese right now...

Actually Japan was getting into some trouble in China and were basically bunkered up. You can only invade so far into that mass of people they have.

Not so..

en.wikipedia.org...

The second Sino-Japanese war ended in 1941.

You need to look at the years following that when America entered into the war and diverted Japanese forces. You will see that China, similar to Russia, were re-forming and beginning to push back. Even without US intervention Japan never would have been able to hold much more than the coast.

Its doubtful they could have even held all that once China had organized her populace into a fighting force.

Not so...

My father flew with the flying tigers before America was in the war with Japan...and the Chinese were in no position to defend themselves..and dont forget at the time Japan was one of the most powerfull armies in the world...

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

Iraq,Syria,Libya,yep the SAS does the best personal wet work in the world as a "white" organization,they always brag how they fathered Delta,so there we are.
I don't know if you know this but if China starts a war .as our government will no doubt say ,true or not,we owe them nothing.They can hurt hurt us,then we would hit back without restraint,sneal attacks and people would can actually do damage require immediate suppression (Probably Bio)which would bring us back to Iran. Our presidents have been trying to get our military to do this since Bush Jr.(Will someone,please tell me how a trained fighter pilot can't say nuclear?)Now they have got around to it via Stria.If in fact,this does happen we are talking DRAFT as in YOU if you are a male that is,they're still talking about the women.
Which may impinge on the second amendment as they would also use martial law if it was big enough.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   

LOL in WWII we sure as hell did With a little help from others........let me guess are you French? and if your Chinese then you better review history...uhh that is uncensored history.

This is a piss take right?

Im British. Without Britain you would not have got near Germany and the japs would have had a extra few hundred thousand troops plus dozen of more ships. Withou Russia the UK and USA would not have got into Germany. Without US Britain would not have been able to invade Germany or hold back the Japanese in Burma.

It was a team effort 100% without either the USA, Russia or UK there would have been NO victory.

Each of those 3 main player all put in a equal number of man power and equipment.

Every time someone claims they won World War 2 on there own they piss on the lifes of the dead from the other allied countrys and they should be deeply ashamed.

I suggest you look outside of "hollywood" history and look at a real history book !

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   

I always find it very strange when people post “without us (any nation) you would have lost WWII”, it leads to this very ignorant argument of people boasting about the achievements of their individual nation in defeating the Nazi’s. Leads to this argument of Americans saying “without America…” and British saying “but without the battle of Brittan….” and the French saying “but what about the resistance… “and so on.

But really these arguments are all without merit and in my view show a total ignorance of WWII because the truth is that all of the allies who fought against the Nazi’s contributed to their eventual defeat. If it were not for strong leadership and all nations coming together to fight against a common enemy we would all be speaking German. So the “without us argument…” is just pointless, the argument should be “without us all working together…”

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin

I always find it very strange when people post “without us (any nation) you would have lost WWII”, it leads to this very ignorant argument of people boasting about the achievements of their individual nation in defeating the Nazi’s. Leads to this argument of Americans saying “without America…” and British saying “but without the battle of Brittan….” and the French saying “but what about the resistance… “and so on.

But really these arguments are all without merit and in my view show a total ignorance of WWII because the truth is that all of the allies who fought against the Nazi’s contributed to their eventual defeat. If it were not for strong leadership and all nations coming together to fight against a common enemy we would all be speaking German. So the “without us argument…” is just pointless, the argument should be “without us all working together…”

Precisly every one played a important part

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   

The "turning point! in the war against Japan during WW II was achieved by The British. You need to study history old chap:-

en.wikipedia.org...

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join