It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tragedy turned to political madness: The Boston Bombings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Oh, this didn't take long. The esteemed Peter King has an opinion and ye shall be heard!

A few key points from his pearls of wisdom, from a life of hard won experience on such matters...

"It's very difficult to believe these two could have carried out this level of attack with this level of sophistication and precision acting by themselves, without training overseas or having at least facilitators at home," King said.

Well, there we have it. Expertise has spoken! We should all feel better now. The case is cracked like a pesky nut on the coffee table. Or.. Golly.. Is it? Could it be? This is political?

The Department of Homeland Security announced over the weekend that border security agents must now check that foreign students entering the country have a valid visa. Azamat Tazhayakov, who was arrested last week and accused of removing a backpack containing fireworks from Dzhokhar Tsarnaev's apartment, did not have valid documentation when he returned to the U.S. in January, but was waved through by border agents who did not have access to the database from Homeland Security.
King: 'Very difficult to believe' Boston bombing suspects acted alone

What gives him such basis for informed judgement? Is he formerly a law enforcement officer? An expert on matters of security? Surly...He at least stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night? Well.... Not likely. The Waldorf Astoria, perhaps...but the guest list there doesn't suggest any inherent intelligence need be present.

Isn't that just the face you could love and trust to the end? (Whose end, we won't get into)

Lets see..... He just got himself assumed into office (whatever that meant in this case) in January of this year. Of course...for politicians, it's always about the fine print, isn't it?

He also served in the district next door from 1993 to 2013 as a Congressman. Served as Nassau County Comptroller from 1981 to 1993 and then a member of his town council from 1977 to 1981. (Source)

HEY! Wait a minute...... That isn't professional expertise in anything but being a politician! (IE: Professional and accomplished liar, IMO). Surely he has something more! Wait wait... I see he has been Chairman of the Committee on Homeland Security. Whew..... I'm relieved. ..and here I thought he was a bumbling fool or something. Err... Wait a sec... Oh nvm.

Let's see what other pearls of Wisdom Mr. King has had to share recently.

Rep. Peter King: Boston probe needs to focus on Muslims (April 21st ...6 days after it happened)

Yikes! Now that's what I call a pearl alright. Proof, not every pearl is worth keeping too. There must be another..Yes.. lets see... He must say something meaningful occasionally.

Peter King calls for “increased surveillance” of Muslims after Boston (April 20th ... 5 days after it happened)

Heck... Wisdom speaking again. No agenda here! No sir. He's just looking out for our good and trying to save lives!

...wait... what's this? One more nugget of ...his thinking and logic...to share.

Peter King: U.S. Has 'Right' to Make Preemptive Strike in North Korea

Now, see? He's all for saving lives. (If they are the lives HE cares about, anyway). Nope, no politics in that guy. Just a sincere desire to serve without consideration for public opinion polls or which way the stinky wind of Washington might be blowing.

....And this, boys and girls, is why I believe TERM LIMITS need to be an absolute national priority. However one thinks the Boston Bombings happened, as I know feelings run wide on ATS.....THIS kind of nonsense out of men who are looking for votes, not truth, isn't helpful, IMO. It does damage, in fact ..but what does he care? He knows best! Just ask him...I'm sure he'll spend an hour talking about it, to anyone willing to listen.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Something tells me, we'll see a lot more of this sort of thing. There are hearings in the House today about the Bombings. As if they are the magic wand of Justice to do much more than screw a case up, 10 ways from Sunday, by making political hay of it. Hearings may well be needed and given the response we all saw?? I'd say they are. However, waiting until AFTER the Criminal investigation of a living suspect has run it's course .... may just be a good idea, eh?

Of course, by then, it won't be good for headlines and political points. By then, it would simply be the hard search for truth...not votes. I'll bet that by the time it would be appropriate, you couldn't get a single one of them to care about what happened in Boston, let alone hold so much as a question and answer session on it.

Only while it's in the news and good for politics, is it worthy of stomping into the middle of, like a bull rampaging through a China shop.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I just thought I'd toss in here.... The man is a Republican, for all that partisan sides mean anymore. Given my history of posting before some major changes in thinking around the time of the last election...some may just naturally assume it to be a hit piece on a Democrat. Well.. Nope... They're all equally worthless. After an entire life, nonstop, of nothing but political office? They're ALL hopelessly corrupt too.

Using the Boston Bombing for a Soapbox in very direct, personal advantage is about as sick as some politicians have used 9/11 or other tragedies (scale differences, obviously, aside, to their own advantage).

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Spot on, sir/madam, spot on!!! The politicians that we presumably elect democratically are fast tracking us into oblivion. The SOBs are not only liars, they're also well honed hypocrites who connive and conspire with impunity. (as an aside: My reaction to anyone who tags me with the "conspiracy theorist" label is to conclude that they are any one or a combination of the following: ignorant, uninformed, complicit and reaping the rewards connected with whatever conspiracy, incapable of logical thought, unable/unwilling to believe their government is capable of engaging in dastardly deeds notwithstanding evidence to the contrary. Conspiracy is the norm and not the exception. Those in power invariably design systems which will accommodate legislation that can penultimately bring people to their knees but ultimately bring defeat to themselves. It's happened all throughout history, a fact we ignore at our peril. No nation has ever grown big enough that it can't be brought down.

While I'm relatively comfortable in saying that there are some who enter politics with the idea of doing some good, in the end, there is little good accomplished in the face of being corralled with colleagues who've already been well groomed to do the bidding of the military machine, huge multinational corporations, and well funded interest groups. And we all know that peer pressure, too, is a devilish phenomena. Little wonder our legislators receive the type of benefits that the rest of us can only dream of--and even then, I'm only speaking about the ones we know about for certain. But I'm thinking that iceberg reaches down to such depths as to render it impassable. What separates many of us from many of them is that we still have our scruples relatively intact and have retained a working empathy for the oppressed.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
I just thought I'd toss in here.... The man is a Republican, for all that partisan sides mean anymore. Given my history of posting before some major changes in thinking around the time of the last election...some may just naturally assume it to be a hit piece on a Democrat. Well.. Nope... They're all equally worthless. After an entire life, nonstop, of nothing but political office? They're ALL hopelessly corrupt too.

Using the Boston Bombing for a Soapbox in very direct, personal advantage is about as sick as some politicians have used 9/11 or other tragedies (scale differences, obviously, aside, to their own advantage).

We need to do a better job electing our reps. Honestly I know some folks in DC circles and can tell you there are in fact passionate patriots serving our country in DC...at State, CIA, Pentagon etc. some real heroes...but few if any in Congress etc. We confuse a pearly white smile and a penchant to BS people as patriotism when we go to the voting booth. It's starting to really effect our day to day lives. We need to do better.

The other end of that is "choice"...right? So if we don't have good choices, how do we win on election day? We start by changing the tone, ignoring the media as best we can etc. Good folks won't run in this BS Circus we have made elections into.We elect the best used car salesman and then wonder why DC is effed up.
edit on 9-5-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Hes a Politician.

I expect no less from one Mr. King.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   

I've said this before about Mr. King and I'll say it again.

He's a special kind of stupid, isn't he?

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   

"It's very difficult to believe these two could have carried out this level of attack with this level of sophistication and precision acting by themselves, without training overseas or having at least facilitators at home," King said.

What is it with people like this?

Always the same thing far too many people are making those bombers out to be 'mental giants'.

Fact is the opposite is true.

new topics

top topics

join