It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trinitarians are Polytheists

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

He's not advocating animal sacrifice... he lets people do as they will...

Regardless of how unnecessary the process was...

the normal procedure most likely have been to pay a priest to write you out a bill of health.

well If they needed to sacrifice lambs... why not birds as well...

its a disgusting process actually... review Leviticus 14 for the whole procedure..

edit on 15-5-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Its funny that Jesus himself nor God apparently didn't know God is Three in one... don't ya think?

So I read the Apocryphon of John through and found a three-in-one in there.

Jesus appears as the Father-Mother-Son because he is evidently the perfect image of the Father-Mother

You are not unfamiliar with this image, are you? - that is, do not be timid! - I am the one who is with you (pl.) always. I am the Father, I am the Mother, I am the Son. I am the undefiled and incorruptible one.
. . .
"And he looked at Barbelo with the pure light which surrounds the invisible Spirit, and (with) his spark, and she conceived from him. He begot a spark of light with a light resembling blessedness. But it does not equal his greatness. This was an only-begotten child of the Mother-Father which had come forth; it is the only offspring, the only-begotten one of the Father, the pure Light.
Apocryphon of John

It gets very confusing because the who preceded whom of the various hes and shes get switched around a bit.

My overall impression is that it seems written to give offense to all religions. I could just imagine an initiate of the Orphic - Dionysian mysteries reading along and saying, "yeah, yeah, that's right ... hey, what the ...?" and tossing the paper away, not to mention the disciples of Moses and any other Yahwist.
. . .

edit on 15-5-2013 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I think the bird sacrifices were for the poor who didn't have a lamb or goat.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by Akragon

I think the bird sacrifices were for the poor who didn't have a lamb or goat.

They were for the poor. I was tooling through Leviticus the other day reading over that very subject. Particularly found interesting how the priests were to consume the sin offerings, making them sin eaters, which was a future prophecy/allusion of Christ taking in the world's sin.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

. . . a future prophecy/allusion of Christ taking in the world's sin.
And where do you find Jesus in the New Testament "taking in the World's sin"?
If you are talking about Leviticus 6:24-30, it is the reverse of what you are interpreting it as.
You have two animals taken to a specific area in the courtyard of the presence of The Lord, one is burnt whole, the other is eaten and because it is especially holy because of how and where it was killed, it makes the priests holy by eating it, and so absolves them of sin.
Where you have the sins transferred to animals is on Yom Kippur.
edit on 15-5-2013 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join