Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Watch out ZION haters, you might get FINED!

page: 1

join

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Okay, so the headline is just a headline (which doesn't reflect the actual details in the story, nor is it the real headline), don't take it literally (below is the actual headline):

'I cannot stand Jewish people':

Lawyer almost loses her career over office rant about queue-jumping man at medical centre
Danielle Morris, 34, made the remark to a colleague during a conversation
Mother-of-two complained a Jewish man jumped queue at medical centre
She made comments in presence of a Jewish cashier at her law practice
This prompted two legal tribunals and a huge legal bill for Morris

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... hgG
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

So while I am really tired of the "I hate j00s" rhetoric online, usually accompanied by any Zionist topic, I will say, in this case I think it was wholly unfair to the lawyer that was nearly fired, and fined for her comments.

More of the story:

A female lawyer who blurted out: 'I cannot stand Jewish people' during an office rant has been left with a huge legal bill after a discrimination case was brought against her by a former colleague.
Danielle Morris, 34, was subject of a three-and-a-half year investigation in front of two legal tribunals and almost lost her career after she made the remark during an office conversation.
The mother-of-two complained a Jewish man had jumped the queue at a medical centre while she was waiting to take one of her children to see a doctor.
Later she relayed the incident in the presence of a Jewish cashier at her law practice in Rossendale, Lancashire.
After making her comment, the unnamed cashier said: 'Please do not say that' but Mrs Morris added: 'I don’t care, I cannot stand them.'

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... xR9
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Now, I think it was a little excessive when she was asked to "please don't say that" and she quipped, "I don't care."

She was showing her insensitivity. Yet, it's just words, and the woman who made the complaint, should know the comment was not directed at her. It was directed at the person who jumped a line at the medical centre.

When we have a problem with someone because of their attitude, behaviour, etc... We often pick the most prominent feature and make comments on it. Be it someone who is fat, skinny, tall, short, buck teeth, a jew, black, white, asian, etc.

We make verbal jabs at something superficial or physical, because they are easy identifiers. Sometimes, those comments are tied into stereotypes. Sometimes those stereotypes play out and that's what causes the problem in the first place.

I don't agree with the woman's rant, or rhetoric, but, at the same time she was venting about an incident. One, that didn't involve the person who commented to her. If she is being outwardly racist, and doing it all the time, people will see her bitchiness, and they might just do the same to her.

I hate _______, directed right at her.

Karma is a pain in the oversized behind sometimes isn't it.

Court action? I don't see it being necessary. Man, if I had a nickel for every time I heard a black person say they don't like my race... I'd be rich.

edit on 9-5-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   
In Germany you can be arrested for it. In parts of America you can also be arrested for it like on college campus in California. It is slowly getting to be where a Zionist can do what they want to whomever they want and everyone should just accept them as their masters and keep their mouths shut. Remember you have freedom of speech but not when talking about Zionist.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I think many people wave their right NOT to be offended these days...

What ever happened to freedom of speech?

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Watch out ZION haters, you might get FINED!,

Your title does not reflect the actual story you linked.

I dislike your attempt to associate Jew hating with Anti-Zionism.

The lady did not speak out against Zionism which is a political ideology. She made bigoted remarks against Jews, I believe the title should be changed to.

"Watch out JEW haters, you might get FINED!"

Just my opinion though.

I believe this lady to be an idiot, but she does not deserve to get fined.
edit on 5/9/2013 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
I think many people wave their right NOT to be offended these days...

What ever happened to freedom of speech?

It's the UK I believe. They lost that ages ago. I think they had it during Henry VIII's reign though... You could say anything you want, so long as it had nothing to do with his inability to birth a son.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by boncho

Watch out ZION haters, you might get FINED!,

Your title does not reflect the actual story you linked.

I dislike your attempt to associate Jew hating with Anti-Zionism.

The lady did not speak out against Zionism which is a political ideology. She made bigoted remarks against Jews, I believe the title should be changed to.

"Watch out JEW haters, you might get FINED!"

Just my opinion though.

I believe this lady to be an idiot, but she does not deserve to get fined.

I gave a disclaimer to that CO, I thought that was fair no? To be honest, you know the draw anything with "ZION" gets around here... And, I am in marketing after all.

This thread's in general chit chat as well.

SO....

Throw all those together I thought I could take some creative liberties. Not trying to confuse or misrepresent in the long term... Hence the disclaimer.

Only trying to trick into finding the thread...

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
In Germany you can be arrested for it. In parts of America you can also be arrested for it like on college campus in California. It is slowly getting to be where a Zionist can do what they want to whomever they want and everyone should just accept them as their masters and keep their mouths shut. Remember you have freedom of speech but not when talking about Zionist.

Well, perhaps not Germany, but in those places could the same not be said about hate speech for any race? In the OP case, I don't actually see it as "hate speech". She was insensitive to the receptionist... yes. She was being racist, yes.

But, all those things are part of people's character. It makes them an ass in some cases, yes. They are an ass. They will be treated like an ass.

Should they be fined and/or lose their job.

Really pushing it....

link   
reply to post by buster2010

Ummm, that's fine and dandy but...

The op is talking about a woman saying she can't stand jewish people, because an apparently jewish man jumped ahead of her in line.

So there is no mention of zionism, not all jews believe in zionism, in fact, it's actually the minority, a vocal one none the less. there is no way to know this person supports zionism by looking at him.

As well, there are different versions of zionism, the newest and most sinister would be the one you are against, and I'm right there with you buddy. But it really has little to do with being Jewish. Most of the prominant zionist supporters aren't even jewish.

Do I agree with her being fined or fired? I dunno, she's clearly a bigot.

link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Racism/Xenophobia/Religious Intolerance are usually fuelled by ignorance, not necessarily stupidity.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Yes, I did see your disclaimer, but regardless of the disclaimer your title is misleading.

I am not trying to give you a hard time but I am just pointing out that it's unfair to associate this lady's bigoted remarks to being Anti-Zionist. I bet this lady doesn't even know what Zionism is, she is probably just a racist/bigoted person who hates anyone who doesn't share the same skin color and religion as her.

To add, normally I would not have commented but I have seen you pull this in other threads as well so I felt the need to interject.

Your disclaimer does not give you immunity to the incorrect association you have made.

And yes it is in general chit chat...so let's chit chat

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost

Racism/Xenophobia/Religious Intolerance are usually fuelled by ignorance, not necessarily stupidity.

Yes, among many other variables as well...usually but not always related to one's upbringing.

I a not saying that stupidity was the main factor that caused her to make thede comments, but I still think it was stupid of her to say these things.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Maye she was just tired of the seeming entitlement that some people display.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   

I am not trying to give you a hard time but

Except you are!

What's that saying, everything someone says mean nothing once they say "but".

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

But, but, but...

I apologize for the difficulties I have caused

top topics

join