It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

“Death is the ultimate freedom”, an argument against the death penalty.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Agree with the ends, but strictly disagee with the means.

The death penalty is an expensive, vindictive system which kills innocent people.

How do you apologize to a dead person for wronguful conviction? Whatever it is it's not good enough. The death penalty is touted only by social rejects and sheepish fools. What a shallow, costly, and barbaric display of void human intellectualism some of our legal systems possess.
edit on 10-5-2013 by LightOrange because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Use them for body parts. That way they give life.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I'm against the death penalty because it has no deterrent, it glorifies revenge and cruelty as justice, and because two wrongs never make a right. Any society that practices it in my opinion is not fully civilized.

Even if you support the death penalty in principle the chance you can kill an innocent person is reason alone to outlaw it. Yes we have DNA evidence but it's never possible to know 100 percent for sure if somebody is guilty of a crime.

A prisoner can always be freed if it turns out their conviction was false. If an innocent person is put to death the best we can do is just say "oops - sorry".
edit on 10-5-2013 by lampsalot because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I actually don't even support life in prison. I think Canada has a good system where they serve 25 years if they get a life sentence and then get a review every few years or so. No jury will ever offer the very worst offenders freedom so it works quite well. Theoretically they could always be free someday but it guarantees the truly dangerous people will stay quarantined from the rest of the world.

I don't think we should just "throw people away" because they did evil things. Evil people can change, and can even do good things. Nobody ceases to be human by committing a crime not even a murder.
edit on 10-5-2013 by lampsalot because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightOrange
Agree with the ends, but strictly disagee with the means.

The death penalty is an expensive, vindictive system which kills innocent people.

How do you apologize to a dead person for wronguful conviction? Whatever it is it's not good enough. The death penalty is touted only by social rejects and sheepish fools. What a shallow, costly, and barbaric display of void human intellectualism some of our legal systems possess.
edit on 10-5-2013 by LightOrange because: (no reason given)

The death penalty is something I feel that the powers that be get right and the masses get wrong. The vast majority of your average people on the street support the death penalty, but your average well educated person realizes its futility and the erosive quality its presence has on human rights.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by DirtyD

Arias wants to live. What is one way to assure that? Reverse psychology. Ask for the death penalty. Complain about familial longevity.

"I don't like this woman. She wants the death penalty because she wants out of her misery. I'll vote for life imprisonment."

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by LightOrange

Not very judgmental, are you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join