It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homeless shelter conspiracy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 02:59 AM
link   
EUGENE, Ore. (AP) — Airport discards in the response to a terror plot have turned into balm for the homeless in Eugene.

The St. Vincent de Paul Society of Lane County has started picking up some of the things people have jettisoned for security reasons as they board flights at the Eugene Airport.

Charley Harvey, assistant executive director of the charity, dug through trash bags and took every bottle of shampoo and shaving cream he could find. The items will be distributed at the organization’s First Place Family Center.

travelers toss items into trash bins in compliance with new rules prohibiting most liquids, lotions and gels in carry-on luggage.

Liquids are banned from aircraft because they supposedly might be disguised explosives. Yet, rather than the bomb squad trucking the confiscated hair gel, toothpaste, and Preparation H off to an abandoned quarry and detonating it, Homeland Security is dumping the items en masse into trash cans and allowing the local homeless shelter to harvest what they want.

One explanation for this apparent contradiction is that this is a secret plot to get rid of poor people being perpetrated by the TSA, charity organizations, and the airlines:
TSA screeners are so dedicated to this plot that they willingly risk their lives by handling potentially explosive liquids as roughly as if they were nothing more than harmless toiletries. Or maybe they’ve all been brainwashed by the KGB. Or aliens! It might be true, you know.
After all, what other explanation could there be? That all those things really are harmless, that the government’s just trying to put on a big show? That’s crazy talk.
source linkwww.no-treason.com... Okay I'm all about helping the homeless...but really??? At what cost? for example: say some poor soul goes to wash his hair to find he has just poured some kind of toxin all over his head...crap like this just makes me boil...shame, shame, shame TPTB.

edit on (5/9/1313 by shells4u because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by shells4u

I really think you are grasping for straws with this one.
Are you saying that there are people out there that are delebritly taking explosives into airports that are hidden in shampoo bottles? Knowing that tsa agents will confiscate them and have the homeless collect these good and injure themselves?

Wouldn't it be easier to poison the dumpsters they're eating out of?

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by shells4u

...wait you think there is a risk of a homeless person pouring a toxin or explosive on themselves? If anything you should realize this is proof that they know there aren't. Even if someone knew it was going to a homeless shelter and decided to play a cruel prank they wouldn't risk being arrested. If anything the airport should offer to hole any belonging prohibited from a plane offsite.. I don't care if its a 25 cent bottle of shampoo they shouldn't make anyone throw anything away. I am sure they can detect an actual explosive..

Next thing you know they will be requiring women with breast impants to remove them surgically prior to a flight. Afterall couldn't a man or woman simply fill a breast implant bag with liquid explosive?

Honestly though.. if the people are okay with leaving their stuff behind to be trashed I would MUCH rather it be given to someone that needs it at a shelter then just rotting in a landfill. You would prefer it be burned or thrown in a garbage pile rather than used by someone that needs it?

What conspiracy?
edit on 9-5-2013 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by samuel1990

Well...yes...people could put all sorts of stuff in the shampoo..ect not just explosives...TSA is well aware of the fact that these items are then taken from their trash and then given to the homeless shelter stated in the OP...Its the idea that these things are not worth the risk on the airline...but hey its okay for the homeless right???

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrowHonestly though.. if the people are okay with leaving their stuff behind to be trashed I would MUCH rather it be given to someone that needs it at a shelter then just rotting in a landfill. You would prefer it be burned or thrown in a garbage pile rather than used by someone that needs it? (quote from GogoVicMorrow)
So would you eat a piece of candy you found on the ground??? Its one of the 1st rules we teach our children not to do...So your saying it wouldnt bother you to use some random persons soap, shampoo, Its not safe its wrong on so many levels.

edit on (5/9/1313 by shells4u because: (no reason given)

join