It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mail Order Brides

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by FreedomEntered

For what it's worth i was mostly brought up by a woman, in a feminized politically correct society. She used to tell me that the prisons are full of men not women..the schools tell you white men are responsible for all the evil in history...So you end up as a male feminist... which i was for many years. brainwashed with the belief that if women ruled the world it would be a better place...

I woke up...The reason women don't rule the world, isn't due to men blocking them..Its due to women not being able to work together. I know women like this..even your derogatory comment about trumps wife, when clearly she is what our society and most men would call very attractive...typical of a woman to bring down another woman, especially her looks...you women do it all the time.

A woman's nature is fickle, that's why the fashion industry is and always has been geared towards women. Don't get me wrong, i love women, i just couldn't live with one...not again anyhow. Am I sexist? Or maybe Im just saying it like it is.

As i said men and women are not just physically different..we think differently too..So this equality dream, is rubbish. Men should be men and women, women. The problem has come about due to feminists trying to live as men live...Duh.
edit on 9-5-2013 by TheBlackHat because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBlackHat

Im sorry but gays rule the fashion industry. And fashions have long effected both women and men.
I understand what you are saying. But the issue is not how you were raised clearly your mother felt what she was saying was " true" or she wouldnt say it.

Well women can be cruel and so can men. Its equal in this. Yes, the feminist wave did say that women should be dominate all spheres but really, they were talking about an unhealthy utopia.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz
reply to post by ANOK

that is rubbish.

my biggest love fantasy is about a homeless man.

if only I could have knocked him out and taken him to my house

No, you are simply a rare abnormality.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Its pretty much the same all over the world generally, only there reasons and the ways they go about it are different. And yes all the psychobabble that western women are this and that, or that men are that or this. Well its all basically true, and marriage in general, be it mail order or just regular marriage as in the whole concept of marriage in general is an epic failure. It tends to not works more often then it does work.

But even in the divorce numbers, you can see this and yes the western world is leading in that. But that may be overall not such a bad thing, as lets face it when you have two options of staying because you cant leave, or leaving because you can even if you do not know were it will head, most will chose the latter option if they could. Sorry but humans have not evolved beyond there basic limitations, and that wont be happening for a long long time, males and females have even evolved by two different paths, biologically and mentally they may as well be two different species and many people do not get that fact, and many females do not even seem able to comprehend it, but eventually they come to know it better in a more personal way as it manifests in there life, usually that manifestation is called divorce, there are other names for it however. Really the only thing we here in the west have achieved is merely a complex way of muddying the waters and the truth. But again, there is no hiding or ignoring the truth, and the number do not lie. But the number also do not tell the entire picture.

Usually I say whatever floats people boats, I do not think mail order brides can work for everyone and probably does not and its just as likely a scam from both perspectives, and its just as likely that they both want something out of it, but if it does work then whatever, good for them, but its nowhere near what it entails. But then again regular marriage does not seem to work for the majority as well, and despite there reasoning they all mostly get into it for pretty much the same reasons, so ya, there not all that different anyways, and all the preconceived judgmental notions would probably be right from both party's involved.

So ultimately they all may have different reasons, such as escaping poverty, or it may just be because they got a higher offer, or whatever else, and whatever there reasons, people will do what people would do. But ya generally all the preconceived notions and boxes men and women put each other in, are generally correct and right on the money. In general it is just as much there love that holds people in marriage together, as it is there fears and there spites which they share in common.

I don't know man, whats the difference between paying for a wife from another country, or just going to a club or even a dating site or wherever people get together and flashing your cash, car, and potential wealth around in hopes of attracting a mate? You would be surprised how little the real differences are when you remove all the junk noise people associate with such things, and that really the only differences are merely there reasoning, not even there reasons! but there reasoning! which is different, and off-course the way they go about it in achieving those ends.

So whatever floats peoples boats.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK

Originally posted by Thurisaz
reply to post by ANOK

that is rubbish.

my biggest love fantasy is about a homeless man.

if only I could have knocked him out and taken him to my house

No, you are simply a rare abnormality.

That or she can not effectively discern between fantasy and reality. But were not talking about what people think they may do, or want to do, or even fantasize about doing. What were talking about here is about what people actually do. I mean no offense to Thurisaz no doubt she is a cool lady, but you know just saying.

Besides, context is everything...Knocking out someone and taking them to your house sounds a lot like attemptive rape or something sinister, or who know what freaky thing she would do if she got the poor bugger in her house...O.o

Ah just messing with ya all...Jokesies....Like totally carry on.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by galadofwarthethird
That or she can not effectively discern between fantasy and reality.

Or love and lust?

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Look, I simply do not get why people want marriage these days unless they are getting married for a purpose. Like a green card, at least that makes logical sense to me..and I see nothing wrong with marriages of convenience...it makes far more logical sense than this so called "love", which seems to last, at most, a few years, if your lucky, then it's on to the next one...great attitude and reason to marry someone and start a family, don't ya think. Romantic love is ego driven nonsense, and it isn't a solid reason for commitment. and to raise a family you need a solid commitment. That's why most of the world still have arranged marriages, and they last...are thy perfect, hell no, but they last...but are romantic marriages perfect, hell no either, and they don't last...so which is more wrong? if marriage is supposed to be a lifetime commitment..which is more wrong, the one that lasts or the one that isn't worth the paper the licence is written on????

Women wanted free from the bounds of marriage and I totally understand why. Women were treated like slaves but like i said earlier the men who treated their wives like slaves, were in turn treated like slaves by the heavy manual labor they had no choice in doing...to support their families. Like i said marriage was a no win for both men and women... but back in the day most marriages lasted the duration..not because they were great marriages, but because there was co dependence and a lack of choices to escape. What women do not see, is that wedlock meant wedLOCK, you were locked in like it or not and then on top of everything you had the societal pressure to stay locked in.

Today women in the west can earn their own incomes, live how they want. they are free of marriage, their female ancestors would envy their position...but no, it's not all it's cut out to be this male freedom, is it ladies. I mean what is life to go through alone, without a commitment to someone, just meaningless encounters or a string of lovers...there is no real substance to a life like that...its empty. that's why women still want Mr right hahahaha. good luck, mr right does not exist, just as miss right does not exist. Women forget men are only human, we all have faults and the men dumb enough to think there is a miss right are just as deluded.

So ladies, you wanted to be free, here it is. You cant win in life. Have an empty meaningless freedom with no substance to it or have a life full of adversity and challenges full of character building and drama and LIFE, because if you want a real life you have to forgo having it all your way. As the saying goes YOU CANNOT HAVE YOUR CAKE AND EAT IT.

edit on 9-5-2013 by TheBlackHat because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   
my best friend got a mail-order bride from russia and it going on 11 or 12 year of being happily married but from what i've heard, getting brides from russia it is a rarity it wasn't a scam so even if it's a "mail-order bride" or whatever.. it's still fate or destiny that leads you to your other half.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by n3mesis
my best friend got a mail-order bride from russia and it going on 11 or 12 year of being happily married but from what i've heard, getting brides from russia it is a rarity it wasn't a scam so even if it's a "mail-order bride" or whatever.. it's still fate or destiny that leads you to your other half.

Western women should just quit looking for marriage, that's what I mean, it doesn't surprise me one bit your friends mail order bride worked out. For two main reasons. 1. She was dependent on the american husband, due to the green card and because he could show her the ropes of life in america..this is a person who "needs" her husbands help and assistance. 2. Women from poorer countries often still are happy to play the role of a "wife, they see loyalty and commitment as part of their female duties, because it is ingrained in their culture.

Then look at western women..They do not "need" their husbands for anything. If you don't need someone then why marry them??? Oh that's right for the short term, fickle romance and expensive ego driven wedding...Also any loyalty in marriage or commitment went out the window with feminism.

Marriage in the west between westerners is dead. Don't keep flogging a dead horse.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBlackHat

No Id say western marriage is better than arranged marriages. Arranged marriages tend to depend on the fact that two people are " clumped" togeather really without much rational debate.

No, getting to know you. No, falling inlove first. No, seeing how one survives in a daily way before marriage for years.

Just propose asap and get to it!

These are just two people who are indenial, like rolling a dice their number comes and they just " do it" . Are they even human? I mean. They do this to animals. Put them in the same barn and hope they mate. And they often do.

But we are not animals, we have a higher thinking and thus more opportunity to direct ourselves in our truth.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Companionship in marriage is the best thing in life a person can have. I often think that the trouble makers in the world (example NWO people) are making trouble because they do not have an honest companion. A good partner cannot be bought.
I have some experience with Philippine women. My observations follow. I am thinking of province girls rather than city girls.
1. Philippine women are sought for caring for children because it comes natural to them.
2. Philippine children grow up with the goal of supporting their family (extended family). They may find contract work abroad and send money home. The foreign contract worker's remittances home are a big part of the country's economy. They may marry a foreigner for this reason.
3. The Philippines is a Catholic country. Divorce is not acceptable. Weddings are lengthy expensive elaborate church fiestas with fancy food and dress. Families go into debt to give their children big weddings.
4. Twenty years ago a typical bride would be a 26 year old virgin. Today, with exposure to the internet, many girls marry sooner and are pregnant at the wedding.
5. Young Philippine girls are often exploited by foreign men for sex.
6. Some Philippine girls are clever schemers with a hidden agenda.
7. Most Philippine girls are virtuous and honest and caring and know how to be a good friend.
8. Philippine children are well behaved and helpful and get along splendidly with other children.
9. There seems to be a large percentage of gay males in the Philippines. They are warmly accepted and are usually involved in entertainment - often made up as women.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Arranged marriages vary from culture to culture in how they work. In upper society it was often used to form alliances, political or economic. In those you didn't get much of a choice. Lower down, your parents were doing their best for you. In many cultures you met the other person first and spent time with them, with chaperones to make sure the girl stayed virginal.

You seem to have a very single narrow view of arranged marriages and mail order brides is simply another form of an arranged marriage.

There are many ways to find a mate. They are different to each other but so far none are proven to be superior. The problem is that you seem to think that what works for you should be what works for every one. Are you married?

P

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

haha none of your business. I didnt say what works for me works for others. You dont know my perspective on marriage or relationships and Im not about to say it.

I am speaking of the differences of the Western way and the Asian/ or Russian way of forming marriages and yes I do feel its better to divorce than to stay stuck in an unhappy marriage . Because that marriage is therefore only a facade, its fake. Hence why people stay togeather just for the kids and as soon as the kids grow up they divorce. Think of all that time they could have found the correct partner.

Arranged marriages are " programs and conditioning" they are no better than puppets. They have no soul. Not sure how you cannot see that. But each to their own...if as you said it makes some people happy why not.
edit on 10-5-2013 by FreedomEntered because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by leostokes

Philipine women are no better at parenting nor are they anymore natural than Western women. Just because they are tied to the kitchen and tidier this doesnt make them any better as parents at all.

So not sure why this steriotype was formed.

I think a conspiracy lurks beneath the facade of many marriages in thai/philipines, do the math. I cannot outright accuse as I have no proof. But I have suspicions...

As someone said in a reply ultimately the women who marry these guys do have new rights when entering the USA, and alot more protection than women who are only divorced because their husband/wife is expected to be responsible for them until they gain citizenship. So I dont think its that bad for them.. given this. However, I dont think anyone would wish their 20yr old daughter marrying a man old enough to be their grandad to get favors for the family. Its akin to organised prosititution. And although this men act like they are " normal" men , they arent, because normal men seek women who they have more incommon with, a language for starters, men who are just looking for the spouse to perform certain tasks. Is a souless relationship.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Not agreeing or disagreeing...but coming from an Asian background and seeing how full blooded Asians live...if your daughter marries into a wealthy family, they don't care how old the guy is. As long as her kids will be well off and as long the husband pays his dues to the family. As for the male...he needs to do miracles before he'll get a suitable wife....the male (western or not) will have to pay for the bride to be. That is the way. Times now have changed, but that sense of 'payment' is still there.

If you are a poor round eye that married that Asian...expect conflict from her family.

Not sure how the Soviet republics do things. I'd imagine a bunch of borscht is involved.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Like many people, you assume Arranged Marriage = Forced Marriage, It is not, welcome to to 21st century.

I almost lived this whole modern arrange marriage(my friend's marriage).

Initially, a matchmaker, involving astrology(this astrology is so complicated, each person has like 30-40 page book of information), looks up planetary alignment and other natural aspect during birth of the male and the female(the information is given to them by couples parents), this matcher.

Once a match is decided, the matchmaker calls both parents up and tell them, they have high compatibility ratio(some people abide by this, some don't, having a low capability ratio may involve divorce or worse, death, if they were to be together).

The parents ARRANGE a meeting, usually the male goes to the females house(but now it does not matter), parents usually take about their heritage, grandparents, city and town they were brought up in( this can take 2-3 hours). While the parents are talking, the the male and the female, either just go to a living room or the backyard or somewhere away from their parents and a "first date" starts.

The first date mainly involve, long term goals, like whether its about continuing education after marriage, or ending it, or whether the current job is a stable, etc etc.

If the couple agree to meet again(which they say when they get home), the parents this time can let the couples meet by themselves, they go to restaurant or some other "decent" place, usually bars and nightclubs are frowned upon(but who cares nowadays).

The second date usually involves a bit more personal, but it vary by people. It involves, possible children, moving to a new state, city, country, living close to parents(this is always a power battle lol) and etc...

Usually if 3rd date was possible(again,it varies with people), chances are , they are most likely will go thru with the wedding.

The wedding might not happen for months and years, during this time, they can go on enough dates.. my friend secretly took his "fiance" to nightclubs etc lol.

Source, i was there during the arrange marriage meeting, and my friend told me everything detail. My friends family looks at me as their son.

This is mainly a Hindu aspect of arranged marriage in 21st century between 2 educated couple, im sure in villages they have different view... oh oh! also, usually well educated family do not discuss dowry because, dowry usually means "men takes care of women", but now a days, women make more or equal to men, means, dowry is a useless concept.

The concept of forced marriage is usually get mixed in this, which is totally wrong, forced marriage is when the couple have no option to refused and even say any word.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I'll probably be net-slapped for saying this, but given the changes American society has undergone in the last 40 years in regards to gender-relations, is it possible that some men prefer things to play out according to the more traditional gender roles? I don't see any kind of a problem with any man pursuing a relationship that is more traditional. And to clarify for the feminists, traditional marriages were relationships of service to each other, not one person slapping the other to the ground for asking a question.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by chasingbrahman

It isnt more traditional this is the point. Its forcing women into a situation they dont want to be in purely for economic reasons - they want to escape their former life. Thats it.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

Yes, well their way is probably more indeph at least the family get involved - but this is where problems can accur also . I mean having your family choose your partner would bring quite different results from self- choosing.

I understand just fine the difference in looking at ones characteristics, goals and so forth in measuring if someone is a match at all.

I do not get however browsing through people, based on looks initially and then having a translator get you togeather with that person. Its shady, and 30 k later these men may not even marry these women. Its a business. Until they are sold off, to these men. So I think this differs from the concept of arranged marriage within a religious context. And then when they do finally arrive in their new country, they have no education to equip them for their new life. Quite often. Not always. But from what I have seen this is/was the case. I guess its only years later that they may escape if unhappy.

Religious arranged marriages usually involve family .

I still dont understand the concept of a dowry. The purpose of it alludes me.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Also OP,
Around half of first time marriages end in divorce. the numbers get even higher for second and third time marriages in the US. So your at best taking a 50/50 flip of a coin on marriage to a western woman. Hardly what you would call a good foundation to invest thousands of dollars and raise a family a 50/50 gamble.

Back in the day marriage was a serious contract, and there was virtually no way out of it. Women could not earn enough money to support themselves, especially if they ended a marriage and had children to support on their own..It's not hard to figure out. Women married because there was a social pressure not to be left "on the shelf" or as "an old maid". Add to that women had few other options in life, other than to get married, as they were not permitted to work, or at least not permitted to enter careers or high earning jobs.

In a nut shell marriage is exactly why women rebelled, burn bras and took the pill as a way out of the burden of being saddled with kids. What you and other women want is to have it both ways, to live as you think men live, have your own freedom and careers and be able to sleep around and only settle down when you feel like it.

men wont admit it, because our media has done a good job of brainwashing people, but i know just under the surface, if you scratch it you will find men are not happy with the knowledge that most of the potential wives out there today have not only slept with other guys but with more partners than they have been with by far. I know men, i know how slick the average guy is, not slick at all.. that's why the market in pick up gurus and books is huge, men do not have the game to sleep with dozens of women, unless we're talking about prostitutes. As a woman you are in complete denial of reality. If women had a problem getting men, we would know about it.

Your original question asking why do men look for foreign brides, shows how much in denial you are of reality. women, historically accepted that their husbands had "sewn his wild oats" in fact a man who had gotten around in his time has always been prized by women, because it shows he knows women, has charm, has experience etc..., but in this age of equality men are told to accept women as "equal" for doing the same thing, where as all through history women were called whores for being promiscuous. what you and other women are in total denial of, is the fact you are not equal to men in sex, women just have to turn up looking semi attractive to have a number of men hit on them in any one night. Its the same in all of the animal kingdom...the female just has to show up. Obviously it is not the same the other way around. The equivalent of a man with game is not a woman who sleeps around, because a woman sleeping around requires no charm, skill or anything other than her showing up.

A woman sleeping around is the opposite of a man who can do it. That's why deep down men still resent women behaving like this. There are thousands of years built into our DNA not to accept a woman who sleeps around and when we do accept it, it doesn't sit right with us one bit. i know married men, and they let it slip all the time, how much they really resent their wives, for their past sexual exploits...in fact probably why many marriages fail, because eventually a guys BS, about how he is cool with it slips. That's why men look overseas for virtuous women, actual wife material. Western women are not wife material, they don't want to be wives, they want to be men. Isn't that what you all wanted and for good reason, you wanted to be free. So be free, be like us except have more sex than us hahaha...but stop marrying us, and stop resenting the fact that guys look elsewhere for wives...there is a sound logical reason for it...Accept it, your days of being wives are dead and gone.

edit on 10-5-2013 by TheBlackHat because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join