It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charles Ramsey: ‘Take that reward and give it to’ the kidnap victims

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Hi
Charles Ramsey ,the man who helped Amnada Berry escape spoke with Anderson Copper Tuesday sayin he wants any reward money to go to the 3 kidnap victims

I love this guy he says he does not feel like a hero and when Anderson Cooper asked him what it felt like to find out that he had been living next to the kidnap victims..

He said he is having trouble sleeping knowing they have been there and he could have done this a year ago.

See, up until yesterday, the only thing that kept me from losing sleep was the lack of money. See what I’m saying? So now that that’s going on, and I could have done this last year, not this hero stuff, just do the right thing.”

When Anderson Cooper told him the FBI was offering a reward on at least two of the girls, he said “I tell you what you do, give it to them,” . “Because if folks been following this case since last night, you been following me since last night, you know I got a job anyway.”

Well I dont think he should ever have to have a job again, even if he does not get a reward people should just start a fund

If that school bus lady who was bullied by the kids can get over six hundred thousand dollars I think he should get at least a million.. I'll donate 20 bucks
link

The man who is being hailed as a hero for rescuing the lives of three women kidnapped for a decade says that he would like any reward money to be turned over to the victims.

edit on 9-5-2013 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   
How about someone just helps someone, because they are a human being. I am so tired of always hearing about money in these "hero" cases. Im sorry, he may be those womens and their families hero, not mine. He is a human being, that did exactly what most human beings would do.
edit on 9-5-2013 by thesmokingman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 02:05 AM
link   

edit on (5/9/1313 by shells4u because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by thesmokingman

How about someone just helps someone, because they are a human being

He did do it because he is just a human being, dang that is what the whole article is about and what he is trying to say

And I dont see anything wrong with rewarding people for selfless acts

edit on 9-5-2013 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Ramsey is the BOMB!!!

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 03:21 AM
link   
And I dont see anything wrong with rewarding people for selfless acts

I agree with you! and evidently so does the military, they reward soldiers for selfless acts all the time, the congressional medal of honor is the highest award a service member can receive, normally posthumously. they also reward soldiers with silver stars, and other ribbons/awards for different levels of valor. so why should the civilian sector be any different. he should receive a presidential award/citation and his peers should be proud for him. yes he was just being human, but he would not still be human to just keep walking on by minding his own business? of course he would be. but he chose to react. more than most would choose to do. that makes him a hero to the girls he saved, and their parents. and we as humans need feel good stories to latch onto also, in a world of humans that would walk on by!!

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 04:41 AM
link   
This guy is awesome. What an absolutely awesome person. First, he's a badass for going up on someones porch and kicking in their damn door. Second, and the best part, was his reaction to the whole ordeal. The man is, most likely, not very well off financially. His response to a reward, "give it to the victims". That is one of the most moving things I've ever heard in my life, because you could tell it was sincere. He didn't care about the money, fame, or being called a hero...which is exactly why he is one.

new topics

top topics

join