It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Six Years Since You've Been Gone

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I am so sorry for your loss. I so deeply feel your pain. My father has been gone for 46 years. He died whey I was 11. At the age of 57, I miss him now more than ever.

I often wonder how differently my life would have turned out had he lived. My mother was mentally ill, so I basically raised myself as a kid. My father was a good man as I am sure yours was.

There is no way to replace him, I know cause I cried out to so many men growing up looking for a father figure and I was just a pesky, clingy kid that was brushed off.

I would in no way attempt to minimize your loss. It is devastating! But, I would gladly change places with you to have him as long as you did. Be so very thankful for those years you had with him and the dear memories you have.

With Deepest Sympathy and Empathy,
Sgt. Cursed

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

I'm still trying to work out night starhope left and what it means very weird that, he must be trying to say something to you or maybe he's just saying hi i'm still here for you so i thought i'd mess up your name so you'd notice me, i think its lovely and i'm glad i was here to see it

edit on 9-5-2013 by ballymoney50 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Love is eternal and flows back and forth from one realm to another; it never ends.

edit on 9-5-2013 by caladonea because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by piequal3because14

Very beautiful! You have a beautiful soul as well. I thank you!

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by theruthlessone

Thank you!

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
I lost my dad on Christmas day back in 73. He had a brain tumor removed about six months earlier. He was not who he was before the operation. I got to tell him I loved him the day before he died. I know he understood me. I did it when I was alone with him. Being a guy, we were conditioned not to tell our father or our sons we loved them back then. It was a way of hardening us to get through life, maybe something to do with appearing strong during times of war and death so we could help keep the family from falling apart afterwards.

I always will remember the day of his death. It will always be a joyous day for me because my father did not have to suffer any longer. He felt embarrassed, he was always a provider, and a good one. After the surgery I could see in his eyes that he no longer felt right because he could not provide anymore and felt he was a burden. I feared the look, knowing someday I may feel the same. I appreciate that I am in as good of health as I am in. I appreciate that I can think and communicate well and hope I never have to go through what he did.

Although I am a guy and have been conditioned different than many, especially women who are allowed to show emotion better, I know how you feel OP. Just because some of us do not show things does not mean that we are without pain.

Most men see showing their emotions as a sign of weakness. I say it shows a sign of strength that he has the courage to be a full human being.

How very sad that you lost your Father on Christmas day. But yes, he is no longer suffering just as mine no longer suffers. It is good that you were able to tell your Father you love him. Our family says it all the time. If any of us die, we know that we were truly loved.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrJohnSmith

What a beautiful tribute....I lost my father to cancer when I was 20, he was only 48, I'm now 57, and often wonder how life would have been different If he had still been around.....

Thank you! It would have been more years and more memories, but I am sure that you have many wonderful memories of him to carry you through.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ballymoney50
I lost my mother when i was 3 and my dad died when i was 18 so iv'e never had closeness to anyone apart from my children, i love getting hugs and kisses from them all its a great feeling that i missed growing up.

That is so sad. I am happy though that you now have a family of your own to love and to make wonderful memories with.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by SgtCursed
I am so sorry for your loss. I so deeply feel your pain. My father has been gone for 46 years. He died whey I was 11. At the age of 57, I miss him now more than ever.

I often wonder how differently my life would have turned out had he lived. My mother was mentally ill, so I basically raised myself as a kid. My father was a good man as I am sure yours was.

There is no way to replace him, I know cause I cried out to so many men growing up looking for a father figure and I was just a pesky, clingy kid that was brushed off.

I would in no way attempt to minimize your loss. It is devastating! But, I would gladly change places with you to have him as long as you did. Be so very thankful for those years you had with him and the dear memories you have.

With Deepest Sympathy and Empathy,
Sgt. Cursed

Oh that is so sad!
I can only imagine how horrible that must have been for you. I have always been ever so grateful to have had all the years that I did with my Dad.

Thank you so much for sharing your experiences with me. Hugs!

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ballymoney50

I'm still trying to work out night starhope left and what it means very weird that, he must be trying to say something to you or maybe he's just saying hi i'm still here for you so i thought i'd mess up your name so you'd notice me, i think its lovely and i'm glad i was here to see it

edit on 9-5-2013 by ballymoney50 because: (no reason given)

Yeah wasn't that weirdest thing????

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Awwwww, so sweet! Hugs back!

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Berzerked
My once favorite conspiracy site has turned into to Face Book II

Night star is a well liked person on this forum, as well as friends with no doubt, everyone who has responded to her.

You should know that if the title of this particular sub forum being general chit chat, it is not required that you have a doctorate, or be an actual rocket scientist, that it would be very unlikely that the subjects in here generally will not be conspiracy related. No one put a gun to your head and made you enter this thread...

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by hhcore

Thank you very much! Hugs!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join