It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Six Years Since You've Been Gone

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by guohua

Thank you dear friend! I don't have kids though, we had pets instead.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee
reply to post by Night Star

Everything you said really struck a cord in me. I was only 7 when my Father was "never coming home again". It was Christmas eve.
It sure changes how you see everything knowing how suddenly someone can be gone.

The poem is how I have always felt and believed.

My husband it was 22 years when I learned all the truths I wish I never had to know, so the end of my youth and perceived happiness.

edit on 8-5-2013 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

Only 7 and on xmas eve? Oh my God how sad!
That must have been traumatic for you. To be married so long then wham! Isn't that horrible??????? I am still so shocked and saddened at my own situation.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Awwww, thank you my friend!!!!!!

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   

I'm very sorry. but let me just say, yes. He knows.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

Thank you!!!!

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   

That was the last time I saw you Dad. It's been 6 years since you've been gone. Did you know I had cancer and survived? Did you know that our family has grown? Did you know that my husband of 34 years will be leaving me? Did you know? Did you know how much our lives have changed by your not being here? Did you know we miss you more than words could ever say? Did you know?

You were so much a part of our laughter and our love, our strength, our courage, so much a part of our lives, an inspiration, wise and humble, thoughtful and giving, humerous and fun. You are still a part of our world, a very important part and always will be. Today I honor you with thoughts and memories of all the wonderful years we have shared. I honor you with all of my love always.

Simply beautiful Night Star

Yeah he knows.

What's more your Dad understands, he has been with you since the moment he started a new adventure, and that kind of love out lasts the thing most call death, he is with you and shares your moments of joy, holds you in moments of pain, and guides you in times of uncertainty.

What a moving tribute to a great man. Thank you

Cody

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   
My once favorite conspiracy site has turned into to Face Book II

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Berzerked

Stay out of general chit chat then, that would be my suggestion.
Peace and love
-nat the blue eyed cat-

She is grieving her fathers death still. She has every right to do so. I'm not a member of fb, and ya know this is not like fb 2 to me at all. This is a place for like minded people to come together and discuss so many variety of topics.
I almost don't want to reply, but for some reason feel compelled to.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by natalia

My father died 4 years ago as well but I didnt start a memorial thread on a conspiracy site to grieve

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Thank you so much my friend! Hugs!

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   

That was rather heartless. We are a wonderul community of members here who genuinely care about each other and share in each others joys and sorrow. Perhaps you would be happier elsewhere.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by natalia

Stay out of general chit chat then, that would be my suggestion.
Peace and love
-nat the blue eyed cat-

She is grieving her fathers death still. She has every right to do so. I'm not a member of fb, and ya know this is not like fb 2 to me at all. This is a place for like minded people to come together and discuss so many variety of topics.
I almost don't want to reply, but for some reason feel compelled to.

Thank you !!!!!!!!!!

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   

reply to post by natalia

My father died 4 years ago as well but I didnt start a memorial thread on a conspiracy site to grieve

I could report your replies in here but I'd rather that other members see you for who you are.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   

You are such a loving heart.

And you have a beautiful soul.

I don't know if these words fit in here:

"I leave to be remembered

by my beloved mother

because of everything

that in this world exists

like through a dream will pass...

that cannot keep the mist

my name

will remain here written

my picture

forever shall resist."

from this thread,

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 9-5-2013 by piequal3because14 because: space

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   

What a beautiful and heart felt post........

My family are starting to get old and i know there aint as long as i need in time to spend with them left i dread been took into that room over a loved one........

God bless........!

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I lost my dad on Christmas day back in 73. He had a brain tumor removed about six months earlier. He was not who he was before the operation. I got to tell him I loved him the day before he died. I know he understood me. I did it when I was alone with him. Being a guy, we were conditioned not to tell our father or our sons we loved them back then. It was a way of hardening us to get through life, maybe something to do with appearing strong during times of war and death so we could help keep the family from falling apart afterwards.

I always will remember the day of his death. It will always be a joyous day for me because my father did not have to suffer any longer. He felt embarrassed, he was always a provider, and a good one. After the surgery I could see in his eyes that he no longer felt right because he could not provide anymore and felt he was a burden. I feared the look, knowing someday I may feel the same. I appreciate that I am in as good of health as I am in. I appreciate that I can think and communicate well and hope I never have to go through what he did.

Although I am a guy and have been conditioned different than many, especially women who are allowed to show emotion better, I know how you feel OP. Just because some of us do not show things does not mean that we are without pain.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   

What a beautiful tribute....I lost my father to cancer when I was 20, he was only 48, I'm now 57, and often wonder how life would have been different If he had still been around.....

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I lost my mother when i was 3 and my dad died when i was 18 so iv'e never had closeness to anyone apart from my children, i love getting hugs and kisses from them all its a great feeling that i missed growing up.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ballymoney50

Oh I wish I could give you all the stars in the world.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by piequal3because14

Ahh thank you very much, i do still miss my dad even after 33yrs but i no he's still around cos i dream about him if somethings up so he still looks out for me, he was a shipyard man so i didn't get hugs but i no he loved me

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join