Six Years Since You've Been Gone

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
+12 more 
posted on May, 8 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   
May 9th, 2007 we saw Dad in the morning at the hospital. He was feeling better and laughing and joking with us and the nurses. We said we loved him and we'd be back. We wern't gone long when the Doctor's phone call came asking us to return. They took us in 'that' room. You know, the room where they tell the family there is no hope left.

It was me, my Mom and sister who was there to recieve the news that they were doing everything possible but didn't think there was anything else that could be done. My sister and I knew the minute the phone call came and especially being in 'that' special room that Dad was either dead or dying. My poor dear Mother didn't see death as an option and still thought he would make it. She was asking the doctors questions and asked if we could go in to see him and they wouldn't let us, they were still working on him. We had to tell her point blank, Mom, he isn't going to make it. We all cried our little hearts out and then they let us in. He was already gone. He had a big tube in his mouth. It was aweful seeing him like that.

We made phone calls and family members started showing up at the hospital, all crying and saying their last goodbyes. We all stood there shocked that such a vital part of our lives had slipped quietly away.

That was the last time I saw you Dad. It's been 6 years since you've been gone. Did you know I had cancer and survived? Did you know that our family has grown? Did you know that my husband of 34 years will be leaving me? Did you know? Did you know how much our lives have changed by your not being here? Did you know we miss you more than words could ever say? Did you know?

You were so much a part of our laughter and our love, our strength, our courage, so much a part of our lives, an inspiration, wise and humble, thoughtful and giving, humerous and fun. You are still a part of our world, a very important part and always will be. Today I honor you with thoughts and memories of all the wonderful years we have shared. I honor you with all of my love always.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Losing a parent hurts deep inside. I am sending you peace and love and prayers as you remember your father on this day.

On May 29th it will be 2 years since my mom has passed. Still seems so unreal.

That poem is lovely that you shared.

"In this short life
that only lasts an hour
how much- how little-
is within our power"~Emily Dickinson

Peace Love and Hugs to you sweet friend~~
-nat

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Your father would have wanted you to be happy. I am sure of that. You always manage to move me, Night. I know that you will always love him and that will never change. Love is eternal. Hold onto your good memories of your dad.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by natalia

Thanks so much. I am soooo sorry to hear of the loss of your dear Mother. Ah, yet another lovely poem. Thanks for sharing that!

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by LoneCloudHopper2

You have been my strength and courage, my hope and inspiration for many years now and I am forever grateful to have found you and share such an amazing friendship as this.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   

It is Extremely Painful to lose someone that you are close to.

I lost my mother almost 16 years ago. In a similar way you lost your father.

It was late in the evening and my brothers and I said goodnight to our mother and told her we loved her and that we would see her tomorrow. On the way home, which was about an hour drive, I had a terrible feeling like that was the last time we would would see her. I started to cry so hard that my brother had to pull the car over to the side of the road. We eventually made our our way home.

When we arrived, I tried to go to bed. I laid in bed all night not able to sleep. At 4:08a.m. the phone rang. I already knew. I did not answer the phone but one of my brothers finally did. I tried to block out what was being said to no avail. That was the Absolutely Most Painful thing I have ever experienced in my life.

Of All the things I have Lost I Miss My Mother the Most.

I think of her nearly everyday. The pain usually follows. I am Not able to let her go. I had a friend tell me that she will never be able to die as long as I keep thinking about her. I never understood what he meant by that exactly. Because when you think about it, it could go either way.

I can feel your pain and I am sorry for your loss.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I hope that I make as big an impression to my children as your father did on you. Speaking as a parent, it is the best feeling in the world to be loved so much by your children. I always tell my kids that my car might park someday (body will die) but I'll have gotten out of it by then.
Take care.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Dearest Night Star,

What an amazing moment to share with you. Thank you for your words, they should reach all of us.

That was the last time I saw you Dad. It's been 6 years since you've been gone. Did you know I had cancer and survived? Did you know that our family has grown? Did you know that my husband of 34 years will be leaving me? Did you know? Did you know how much our lives have changed by your not being here? Did you know we miss you more than words could ever say? Did you know?

I am so sorry for your loss and so happy that you have fond memories of your father. I lost my father in home hospice, the way he wanted. I never thought we would get him home, he had to be off of the respirator for 24 hours; but, he wanted to die at home and he did. The doctors did not think he would even make it home and I was only about 5 minutes away. He made it home and lasted a few weeks before dying. While it is hard for me to believe, my dad died about ten years ago and after that, my wife of about 24 years left me for another man, her hiking partner. He dumped her immediately after she asked me for a divorce. I felt shame for being divorced; but, it happens even when we don't want it to.

Your life has changed because of your decisions, your father merely showed you what good decisions were. All he ever wanted is my guess, it is all I ever wanted for my daughters. To show them good choices, selflessness. Love. Your father understands how your life is turning out (better than you do), he knows that you learned from him and at least made some decisions because he had already told you what better was. He also knew that you would make your own mistakes, what wants a robot for a child? Can an old man tell you "thanks", I hope I hear from my children what you have said to your father? Best.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadellacZumbrum

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with me. I'm sure your Mom is in peace and in a better place. I really believe that. My Mother is 89 and I know our time together could end at any time.

It is extremely difficult to lose someone so precious in our lives, so vital to our well being.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

I'm sure you will leave a lasting impression and will hopefully have many years to do so. Keep loving those kids!

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Night Star,he knows.
He is watching from above and very proud.

He knows,Night Star ,he knows.

Peace,
K

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Dear kdog1982,

You say so many things that enrich people. Nice to know you and a star.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

Thank you for sharing your personal eperiences with me. I'm happy knowing your x got dumped. LOL Serves her right!

Thank you for your beautiful response.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
Night Star,he knows.
He is watching from above and very proud.

He knows,Night Star ,he knows.

Peace,
K

Awwww, thank you so much!!!! Hugs!

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Starhope left.

That was the last time I saw you Dad. It's been 6 years since you've been gone. Did you know I had cancer and survived? Did you know that our family has grown? Did you know that my husband of 34 years will be leaving me? (Sorry) Did you know? Did you know how much our lives have changed by your not being here? Did you know we miss you more than words could ever say? Did you know?

... He knows, Night, he knows -
When you see him again, along with others you have loved and lost, give him a big hug.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Night Star, I believe your Dad knows, like my Mom knows and watches and at times,,, gives you a sign a small suggestion in ways only you will recognize.
Much like your Love for your children, your parents still Love you too.
Big Hugs for you my friend.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Everything you said really struck a cord in me. I was only 7 when my Father was "never coming home again". It was Christmas eve.
It sure changes how you see everything knowing how suddenly someone can be gone.

The poem is how I have always felt and believed.

My husband it was 22 years when I learned all the truths I wish I never had to know, so the end of my youth and perceived happiness.
edit on 8-5-2013 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Oh My....I just realized I posted a variation of the same Prayer as is in your OP...sorry....

Sweetest Night Star...I hope this Native American Prayer brings you Comfort...

NATIVE AMERICAN PRAYER

I give you this one thought to keep --

I am with you still – I do not sleep.

I am a thousand winds that blow,

I am the diamond glints on snow,

I am the sunlight on ripened grain,

I am the gentle autumn rain.

When you awaken in the morning’s hush,

I am the swift, uplifting rush

of quiet birds in circled flight.

I am the soft stars that shine at night.

Do not think of me as gone –

I am with you still – in each new dawn.

You are not alone Night Star...you are lovingly watched over.....

Des

edit on 9-5-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by hhcore

Thank you and I shall.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by hhcore

Originally posted by Night Starhope left.

That was the last time I saw you Dad. It's been 6 years since you've been gone. Did you know I had cancer and survived? Did you know that our family has grown? Did you know that my husband of 34 years will be leaving me? (Sorry) Did you know? Did you know how much our lives have changed by your not being here? Did you know we miss you more than words could ever say? Did you know?

... He knows, Night, he knows -
When you see him again, along with others you have loved and lost, give him a big hug.

What the...?
Look where it says originally posted by. It says Night Starhope left.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join