It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is this language?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 11:27 PM
link   
i'm sorry, if this is not the right place to post this.

Please, can you tell me what's written here?

Which language this is?

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 11:30 PM
link   
It looks like Runic letters to me,Runes are ancient alphabets that probably originated with the Germanic and Gothic tribes of north and central Europe

That looks like them right?

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 11:51 PM
link   
It certainly is a rune-like aphabet. I couldn't tell you what font it is, but that image was definitely created on a computer and not scanned in.

Edit: that's the Angerthas font based on the Angerthas rune chart found in 'The Lord of the Rings', Appendix E. See www.acondia.com... for more info.

[edit on 4-11-2004 by Enki]

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 12:02 AM
link   
It reminds me of the greek alphabet just a little distorted. You can see 'rho' 'omega' 'kappa' 'phi (maybe)'

Edit. "lamda" (Sp?) is def in there. same goes for 'beta'

[edit on 5-11-2004 by Aether]

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 12:10 AM
link   
'The Lord of the Rings'
One ring to rule them all. I should have known that when I typed in ''Runic letters'' in google and one pic I got was a Eye of Sauron coin.

The letters on the coin look alot like it
www.vics.com.au... /EyeOfSauron_phpDPi4gJ.jpg

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I just scoured several pages inside omniglot.com and examined a hard-copy of the sample in question with the examples provided by the referenced page. From what I can see, this language does resemble the Runic alphabet. It does look like it has been created by a computer generated font (RTF or similar), as stated by Enki.

The link below shows you the various Runic characters. The samples don't stop there, as there are more than a dozen ancient alphabets on this page. And yes, some of the characters in a majority of the different alphabets almost look identical.

www.omniglot.com... & www.omniglot.com...

NVBadBoy

[edit on 5-11-2004 by NVBadBoy]

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 05:48 AM
link   
The writer of the Lord of the Rings,(JRR Tolkien) was a professor of languages at oxford, he used a bedtime story for his kids to develop ancient british and european languages, how he thought they would be in mythology. This is how the story came about...

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Cirth.

It's defentally Cirth, but there's a couple of letters I don't recognize in there, and the translation will be extreamly sloppy, but iIll try my best. Im not as fluent in Cirth as Tengwar, so that might be a slight problem.

Cheers,
_df

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Okay, I'm not positive, but I think it's called Cirth and is based on Anglo-Saxon and Nordic runes. By the way...this language doesn't exist! It was invented by J.R.R. Tolkein. Have fun deciphering!

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 03:40 PM
link   
thank you all, for posting.

i found this image as someone's avatar on another website (i can�t remember which).

when you mentioned tolkien, i went to check my books of the lord of the rings, and their actually there, on the end of my edition of the "Return of the King".

i didn�t find the exact text of the picture, but i found the letters.

this is mentioned as "angerthas" writting.

there is conversion system on the book. i will try to translate it, just by curiosity.

thanks

top topics

join