It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just saved a kitty cat

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Check Craig's List in your area. That's one of the first places people go when they are looking for a lost pet.
edit on 8-5-2013 by orbitbaby because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by iunlimited491
Meanwhile, at the neighbors house...

"Where the f*** is my cat?"

S&F.

Neighbor did come out after I knocked and jumped over the fence and used her ladder. She said it wasn't her cat. I asked if she wanted the cat after getting her down and she said no. So, I took her home.

edit on 8-5-2013 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Did a similar thing when I was younger. Me and a mate were walking down the road on our way to our usual street drinking escapades *groan* and this little ginger kitten mewing at me from the bushes on a house appeared. I ignored him at first but he followed us up the road and so I turned around, picked the little blighter up and took him back to the house. Again he followed. So I knocked on the door and they said that it's a stray and that some hose just had a litter and didn't care.

So I couldn't leave it there, to become a stray and it just wouldn't leave me be.

So there we were, two idiots at the local library in the public seats with a ginger kitten. And a bottle of plonk.

Ahha that cat was just awesome though. We did live on a 35 acre yard at the time, so he had plenty of space when we got home later that night.

Sadly he went missing about 2 years later and I heard that he'd been run over in the yard. My little buddy.

It's as if they're remote controlled to come into your life and sneak their way into your heart.

little buggers..

don't feed him to yer pooch tho!!!!

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Introduce the dog to the cat, up close and personal. The kitty will hiss, spit, and smack the dog on the nose. The dog is now trained. End of story. Oh, I have cats and a dog, works every time.

Sgt. Cursed
edit on 8-5-2013 by SgtCursed because: cuz i kant spal

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

I will not feed him to my pooch.

I would like him to get used too her...

Maybe now, he'll have a playmate and not be so jealous.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by SgtCursed
Introduce the dog to the cat, up close and personal. The kitty will hiss, spit, and smack the dog on the nose. The dog is now trained. End of story. Oh, I have cats and a dog, works every time.

Sgt. Cursed
edit on 8-5-2013 by SgtCursed because: cuz i kant spal

Sorry, but the poor kitty would be toast.

End of story.

He's too jealous.

I tried to bring him up with another dog, and it was a blood bath. I had to send the other dog back home. Which I didn't want to do.
edit on 8-5-2013 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Berzerked
reply to post by Manhater

And I know my dog is going to rip her apart.

So you pulled it out of the frying pan and dropped it in the fire?
Nice save, it was better off in the tree.

That wasn't cool to say.

She saved the kitty and has plans to find her a home.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by riverwild

Originally posted by Berzerked

So you pulled it out of the frying pan and dropped it in the fire?
Nice save, it was better off in the tree.

That wasn't cool to say.

She saved the kitty and has plans to find her a home.

Oh I know. Screw him. If she doesn't have home...She's staying with me, if either don't get along. Just have to let him and her out separately. That's all. Eventually they will grow on each other.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   

What kind of dog is this that runs the household??

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
WOW, I saved a kitten today as well, from a barn, grey with blue eyes, surprised to see this post, must bhe save a kitten day.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by SgtCursed

What kind of dog is this that runs the household??

Chow and Shepard mix

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
I'm not stupid.

Never said you were...but...

Then...

That's all. Eventually they will grow on each other.

I don't think you are stupid. I think you know nothing about stray cats and viscous dogs.

Also, like someone said- try putting up signs or asking around about the cat. Cus seriously, many people don't even know what Craiglist is.

Like I said...not stupid...but everything you are saying is everything that made me so mad that I finally got fired yelling at someone buying a pet at Petsmart. I'd guess that 90% of pet owners are careless.

Also consider getting that dog trained. I trained dogs for Petsmart for 4 years (so yes I know what I'm saying when I follow it with-). There is nothing wrong with dogs...anything "bad mannered" about a dog is always 100% the owners fault.

He isn't "jealous" he was raised wrong.

I'd fix that dog in three months.

Seen all this too many times.

Not stupid...just bad with animals. Sorry. Its true.

And no...your cat and dog won't "grow on each other"...its not an episode of GoldenGirls.

MM
edit on 8-5-2013 by Mr Mask because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Kudos for saving the adorable kitty! I never had a dog but have had to introduce other cats together. Once I had 3 and there was one that just hated the other two no matter how many years they were together. They did learn to give each other space though. You should probably put an ad in the paper as well. Someone might be heartbroken over the loss of that kitty. On the other hand, someone might have just abandoned the poor thing. Good luck hun. Keep us posted!

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 04:00 AM
link   
I had one response about the cat and it wasn't theirs. They said to take her to the Vet or Petsmart to see if the cat has a microchip. That's what I'll do today.

The kitten is to homely to be an outdoor cat or a stray.
edit on 9-5-2013 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 04:57 AM
link   
He looks like an Egyptian Mau. Google it and if its correct then you've got a pretty rare cat on your hands and I bet someone will be looking for him!

I have an Egyptian Mau and they're the most placid creatures!

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 06:10 AM
link   

No it wasn't, there's a storm coming. I didn't want see her stuck in a tree while a storm is brewing out there. I'm not cruel. She was calling for help..And I helped her. Each time I walked away, she got louder until we saw her.

As a pet owner, let me jsut say, thank you, and ignore every idiot in here telling you that you did something wrong. The animal needed help, you helped it.

Cats and dogs CAN and DO get along, but you know your animal better than anyone here, a jealous animal is a jealous animal. If I was anywhere near you, I'd take the thing in, that's the kinda guy I am.

Please don't just shove the cat outside, and please don't just give it to the first person who replies to your ad. A no kill shelter is really the best option, and since you took the time to place a craigs list ad with a picture, you might consider printing a few flyers to post around the area.

If the kitty has no collar it's probably an indoor cat, mine all are. Someone is probably worried sick about that animal. The picture you posted looks so much like one of my cats it's kinda scary.

You did the right thing.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

And no...your cat and dog won't "grow on each other"...its not an episode of GoldenGirls.

Well, i think you might want to re-evaluate your self importance right there friend, as I've seen almost this exact scenario play out. A very "jealous" rotty meets a stray cat, over the course of a few days with controlled interaction, the dog eventually becomes terrified of the little cat, and the cat falls in love with the dog and follows it around constantly, right up until the day the dog had to be put down.

There are plenty of bad pet owners. And there are plenty of self righteous people who think they are gods gift. Guess which one i just pegged you as?

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Oh I know. Screw him. If she doesn't have home...She's staying with me, if either don't get along. Just have to let him and her out separately. That's all. Eventually they will grow on each other. signature:

Ehh, grow on each other might not be the correct term. With controlled interaction, you'll know in a week if they will tolerate each other. And for the most part, it will be up to the cat, that's usually how this works out. i know, it sounds crazy, but in most cases the cat tries to be the dominant, and wins.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   
The cat should be the dominant one in the relationship between a dog and cat.
It's necessary for the survival of the cat. Dogs are naturally predators and a Chow/Shepherd mix is definitely a handful. That's likely a strong-minded dog.

The reason we keep our cat separate is because he doesn't have claws. Three of our dogs would be fine with him, but one is a nutjob (very high prey drive) and sees every little furry thing as a playtoy. In seven years, they have not "grown on each other".

OP, I think you did do the right thing by saving this kitty, but trying to keep it under the circumstances might not be the best move. Please let us know what happens. I hope you find a good home for it. Seeing if it's chipped is a good idea, but not many people chip their cats. Does it have claws on the front? Good luck!
edit on 5/9/2013 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Good job in saving the kitty. If it has an owner, then they will be happy to know someone took care of their pet while they were searching for it. If it is a stray, then you have rescued an animal from a lot of suffering.

My first suggestion would be to call your local animal control and vet offices to see if anyone is looking for a cat that fits this description. Next step would be to have it looked over by a vet. You don't want it to be around your dog if it is sick. (you can't always see an illness in animals)

If you intend on keeping it, slow & controled introductions is the way to go. If the dog tends to be jealous of you being around other animals, have someone else hold the kitten while you hold the leashed dog. Talk to the dog during the intro, pet it and remind it that you love it. (but as always, check with your vet first for the best advice on introducing a new animal)

We have an austrain shepherd who is jealous as well. When we rescued a stray kitten last summer, it took nearly a week before they could be in the same space without a hiss or grumble. Within a month, the dog was protecting it as it does with the rest fo the family.

Funny thing is, the cat kind of rules the house now, she walks around here as if she owns the place and if the dog invades her space, she has no problem putting him in check. Funny to watch a full size dog back away from a 4 pound cat.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join