It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just saved a kitty cat

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Now, I'm trying to introduce my dog to her but I know he'll try to rip her apart. She was stuck in a tree and I trespassed my neighbors house to save her.

The pool guy helped me save her.

And I know my dog is going to rip her apart.

How do I prevent him from attacking her?

She refuses to sit down and stay still for 5 seconds.

here's her pic..

She's so cute.

Weird.... Bootyac loses his cat and I'm a sucker and find a cat...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 8-5-2013 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
If I was you I'd get rid of that thing.

It prolly belongs to someone. No need to introduce your dog to the cat either. That's just...not needed AT ALL.

Like I said...find the owner, or get rid of it.

Gross.

MM

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Put a doggy gate or something between them so they can sniff. If there is any aggression from the dog it may be a no go. He may eventually become used to her but if not find a good no kill shelter to bring her to.

Oh, and awesome job saving her!

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Covertblack
Put a doggy gate or something between them so they can sniff. If there is any aggression from the dog it may be a no go. He may eventually become used to her but if not find a good no kill shelter to bring her to.

He doesn't get along with anyone.

Only me.

He's jealous of everything.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater

Only me.

In that case it's probably best to find a no kill shelter, or someone reliable you know who could take her.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Find her a good home. Or find her old home. Unless you're willing to house them separately (which is what we do) try to find where she's from and return her.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Only me.

Ok listen up...as someone who has worked years in a pet-store/shelter, taken care of hundreds of animals, bred them, hatched them, had to see them live and die, watched them fixed or forgotten.

I am going to tell you what you need to hear. YOU have NO ROOM for that cat in your home if your dog is aggressive. Too many innocent (and gross) pets get hurt, neglected or worse- cus owners are not responsible or logical when it comes to owning them. Cats and dogs being the top of that list.

Take the cat to a shelter (a no-kill as recommended by a member above).

Your dog doesn't need the mental torture. The cat doesn't need you or the danger of your dog. And you need to get rid of one...or both...lol.

Seriously. Stop trying to "introduce" your dog to the cat. They are not humans...people need to stop thinking they are. Sorry...just seen this type of thing all too often...and sometimes it ends very badly.

Use logic...both are animals. Both don't want introductions or a date with each other. And there is zero reason to expect them to get along when most humans can't even do that.

Please...stop shoving the cat at the dog...and get rid of the cat.

TY.

MM

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Find her a good home. Or find her old home. Unless you're willing to house them separately (which is what we do) try to find where she's from and return her.

Also wise.

MM

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I once rescued a cat, about 20 years ago.
It bit clean through my thumb.

That was my last good deed.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Only me.

In that case it's probably best to find a no kill shelter, or someone reliable you know who could take her.

Yeah, but she's so adorable. And she doesn't want to leave my side either.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   

This is the best advise yet!!!!

You already know what your dog will do. Find the kitty a home before hand.

In the mean time, keep them separated.

Good job on saving her.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   

I already put an AD on craigslist with her picture.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mask

Only me.

Ok listen up...as someone who has worked years in a pet-store/shelter, taken care of hundreds of animals, bred them, hatched them, had to see them live and die, watched them fixed or forgotten.

I am going to tell you what you need to hear. YOU have NO ROOM for that cat in your home if your dog is aggressive. Too many innocent (and gross) pets get hurt, neglected or worse- cus owners are not responsible or logical when it comes to owning them. Cats and dogs being the top of that list.

Take the cat to a shelter (a no-kill as recommended by a member above).

Your dog doesn't need the mental torture. The cat doesn't need you or the danger of your dog. And you need to get rid of one...or both...lol.

Seriously. Stop trying to "introduce" your dog to the cat. They are not humans...people need to stop thinking they are. Sorry...just seen this type of thing all too often...and sometimes it ends very badly.

Use logic...both are animals. Both don't want introductions or a date with each other. And there is zero reason to expect them to get along when most humans can't even do that.

Please...stop shoving the cat at the dog...and get rid of the cat.

TY.

MM

I'm not stupid.

The cat is in a separate room, and neither have met each other.

He hasn't even gone to the room.

And I already put an AD up to try to find the owner on craigslist.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   

So you pulled it out of the frying pan and dropped it in the fire?
Nice save, it was better off in the tree.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Berzerked

So you pulled it out of the frying pan and dropped it in the fire?
Nice save, it was better off in the tree.

No it wasn't, there's a storm coming. I didn't want see her stuck in a tree while a storm is brewing out there. I'm not cruel.

She was calling for help..And I helped her. Each time I walked away, she got louder until we saw her.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   

She is a beauty! Just be very patient...here is a method that may work...if you don't have one already...get one of those child protective gates and install it; and put her in one section of your home and the dog in another; that way they check each other out without attacking one another; and in time get used to each other

My cat Benjamin was abandoned in the middle of the winter in the snow; I found him and rescued him. He has been with me for 3 1/2 years now; and he brings such joy to my life.

Blessings to you; you did a wonderful thing today!

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   

I already put an AD on craigslist with her picture.

Also, may want to put up some pic's in the neighborhood in case she belonged to someone and just got out.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Meanwhile, at the neighbors house...

"Where the f*** is my cat?"

S&F.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Manhater, you did a good thing!

I had to house a husky mix for four very very long days while I searched high and low for the owners. (He had just been groomed and was well fed, I knew someone missed him.) I kept him leashed to me the whole time. My little rat terrier kept trying to bite his ankles and I didn't want him to finally snap and have a disaster.

As long as you exercise caution and never let them mingle, you will be the only one that suffers trust me. You will be so tired from having to constantly watch the two of them you will want to pull your hair out by the time you find kitty a home.

I have long experience also with animals, and I understand what MM is saying. They just need to find a polite way of saying it. You would think maturity would do that, but sometimes passion gets the best of us.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

She is a beauty! Just be very patient...here is a method that may work...if you don't have one already...get one of those child protective gates and install it; and put her in one section of your home and the dog in another; that way they check each other out without attacking one another; and in time get used to each other

My cat Benjamin was abandoned in the middle of the winter in the snow; I found him and rescued him. He has been with me for 3 1/2 years now; and he brings such joy to my life.

Blessings to you; you did a wonderful thing today!

I'll try that, but my dog is too big for a gate. Though he hasn't tried to jump through a fence, but has tried many times to break through a door to nab a squirrel, dog and cat. That's why I'm reluctant to get the fence gate.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join