It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supernova 10/12 may 2013

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I just came across this on in5d alternative news.

gcn.gsfc.nasa.gov...

The late x ray observations of GRB 130427A by Swift-XRT clearly evidence a pattern typical of a family of GRBs associated to supernova (SN) following the Induce Gravitational Collapse (IGC) paradigm (Rueda & Ruffini 2012; Pisani et al. 2013). We assume that the luminosity of the possible SN associated to GRB 130427A would be the one of 1998bw, as found in the IGC sample described in Pisani et al. 2013. Assuming the intergalactic absorption in the I-band (which corresponds to the R-band rest-frame) and the intrinsic one, assuming a Milky Way type for the host galaxy, we obtain a magnitude expected for the peak of the SN of I = 22 - 23 occurring 13-15 days after the GRB trigger, namely between the 10th and the 12th of May 2013. Further optical and radio observations are encouraged.

It would appear NASA are expecting a supernova In about a week and are telling people to keep their eyes up.

This would be so cool to witness if we could see it with the naked eye, especially if it is visible in broad daylight. It's not exactly something we see everyday.

edit on 8-5-2013 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Wifibrains

I had a dream about a bright supernova the other night, that was bigger and brighter than Venus in the sky. Their predicted peak magnitude is only 22 though, which is not even visible to the naked eye. Still strange coincidence.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Wifibrains

Damn, I thought we were toast. Looks like I'll have to go pay that
gas bill after all..
PLEASE elaborate slightly so as to avoid coloring other's Breezies.
Back to the strict subject matter, a Big Flash is always incredible
to behold even as a cartoon... how much more cool real-time?

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by AshOnMyTomatoes

Too bad we won't see it properly. No doubt some observatory will Hook up a grainy live stream.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by derfreebie

As your location states, we are well clear of the blast center.

Try to a4v your gas bill, lol. Might buy you some till the next supernova.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
do you think this has anything to do with the great gatspy coming out on the 10th? maybe a hollywood movie stunt to promote the movie perhaps.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
This is the Space.com take on it,

www.space.com...

It says most powerful observed I think.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Thanks, I was just looking for more info.

From your link....

On April 27, NASA's Swift Space Telescope and the Fermi Gamma-ray Space Telescope spotted the highest-energy gamma-ray burst (GRB) — an explosion of a massive star in the last stage of its life — ever before seen.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wifibrains
reply to post by smurfy

Thanks, I was just looking for more info.

From your link....

On April 27, NASA's Swift Space Telescope and the Fermi Gamma-ray Space Telescope spotted the highest-energy gamma-ray burst (GRB) — an explosion of a massive star in the last stage of its life — ever before seen.

Yes, it was a feature a couple of days ago on AOL/Huff Post, I don't know of the other browsers front pages, I must start putting in the front pages of all the browsers into favourites just to see who's picking up on what.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Nice work, I'll be checking in with this thread as the time nears, and hopefully it will be reported here. Thanks for the thread!

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 02:15 AM
link   
I'm not sure if this is pure coincidence, but I read a thread yesterday on a prediction about something happening on the 10th of May (a bit like 21st December prediction)

Now this thread has got me thinking, maybe it isn't a coincidence...

Thread here

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 04:48 AM
link   

gcn.gsfc.nasa.gov...

The late x ray observations of GRB 130427A by Swift-XRT clearly evidence a pattern typical of a family of GRBs associated to supernova (SN) following the Induce Gravitational Collapse (IGC) paradigm (Rueda & Ruffini 2012; Pisani et al. 2013). We assume that the luminosity of the possible SN associated to GRB 130427A would be the one of 1998bw, as found in the IGC sample described in Pisani et al. 2013. Assuming the intergalactic absorption in the I-band (which corresponds to the R-band rest-frame) and the intrinsic one, assuming a Milky Way type for the host galaxy, we obtain a magnitude expected for the peak of the SN of I = 22 - 23 occurring 13-15 days after the GRB trigger, namely between the 10th and the 12th of May 2013. Further optical and radio observations are encouraged.

This would be so cool to witness if we could see it with the naked eye, especially if it is visible in broad daylight. It's not exactly something we see everyday.

Sounds awesome but I would prefer to be indoors and enjoy the pictures of it.
It would appear NASA are expecting a supernova In about a week and are telling people to keep their eyes up.

BTW, if it happens on May 10th it is gonna be one of the biggest birthday candles ever, lol...
edit on 9-5-2013 by korathin because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 05:43 AM
link   

gcn.gsfc.nasa.gov...

..i dont trust nothing of it.
Why they want to have us 'look up for an ignition ' ?

any day now the false matrix should get 'ignited ' by the blue Ray
is this part of the Ritual ?

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Lone12

any day now the false matrix should get 'ignited ' by the blue Ray is this part of the Ritual ?

Interesting. Could you elaborate on that?

What ritual?

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Interesting scenario: Mankind toasted by an gamma ray burst event that happened 3.6 billion years ago, even before we were created or evolved. (choose the premise that rings your bell). The ultimate in irony and insignificance.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Too bad the supernova will be well beyond the range of the naked eye. The naked eye, even under extremely dark conditions, can just barely see objects with an apparent magnitude of seven.

Any object with an apparent magnitude grater than seven are practically invisible, regardless of the conditions on Earth.

So unfortunately, we will not be able to see this particular supernova. But that doesn't mean we can't enjoy the view through telescopes, or live feeds.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by elfrog

Ha, maybe the gods were thinking.....

"If only we could see our mistakes before we made them, and set out a plan to erase that mistake after it goes wrong. We could still learn from the experience of making the mistake. Let's put this supernova here and put this over here right in its path."

Sounds like a false flag on a massive scale.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by extraterrestrialentity

There's always the hope the predictions are off.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I don't think we have to worry about a supernova 3.6 billion light years away. (For comparison, the Andromeda galaxy is "just" 2.5 million years away). So saying that NASA are warning people is overreacting. They simply hope the observatories around the world can catch the extremely dim light of that supernova, if it's even possible.

If such en event happens in our own galaxy, then we can start looking up and worry.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   
So how does this effect us here on earth? Will we be able to see anything with a naked eye or do we need special equipment to observe it. I didn't understand much about what the OP's article was saying. It's over my head out in space where the supernova is.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join