It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mental Disorders.....There is no help:(

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I did not know where to post this, so help me, if needed.

I just wanted to share 2 experiences for those who are dealing with the same thing or the people that are just like me, they just want to be aware. Thank you for your time, it is appreciated.

For about a year and a half, I have lived with 2 close relatives that suddenly, out of nowhere, suffered from some sort of mental 'disorder'(whatever that means anyway). The first case was probably the most difficult and painful thing I have ever encountered, and it wasn't even me. Just out of nowhere, I will just say my 'relative' became very sensitive. Anything you said to this person was over analyzed to a degree I cannot express. Everything went down hill. Fastfoward, we did research, we sat down and exchanged ideas with professionals which were honestly about years worth of time behind of us in terms of trying to understand what we were dealing with.

Medication was prescribed and my 'relative' was diagnosed depression(wholly erroneous). This person did exhibit a few symptoms that may lead one to believe this to possibly be of truth. But, being around this person, knowing who this person was in and out, and listening to the "professionals", I personally did NOT think they successfully diagnose this individual. The medication is so awful, I may start another thread on it, all jokes aside. It created problems that are simply just despicable. But guess what, to top it off, IT DIDN'T EVEN WORK, it may have eradicated some of the emotions that lead us here, but it created problems, 10 fold.

Fastfoward, after being hospitalized a hand full of times, after being diagnosed with whatever they found on wikipedia!, after being a guinea pig (when went through about 6-7 different medications, and about 5-8 different combinations and doses. Not to mention the near fatal semi coma from trying to feel okay by taking all of the pills and I didnt find out to hours later!!!!!!!!!!!!:_(
Now don't judge, at the end of the day I am the guy in family who refuses to accept the big pharm agenda, I have known what they were about for about a good 10 years now lol. Back on track, when you have tried all of the 'natural ways',and its someone dear to you, I bet you will consider anything just to look at them and to have them look at the way they were intended/designed to. It was, and I can tell it is still so so, painful even to think about. Guess how everything resolved itself. It just did?!?! My relative went there mom and went to their family counselor (hes not a counselor, he like just an enlightened guy that offers spiritual wisdom)and about a week later, I had my sidekick back!!! And this was after she was prescribed more medicine, but we decided as a group we were going to try it different this time(which was something we probably should have done along time ago). I heard someone say after I went through this, the things are taken for granted are taken away. I was working so hard and losing focus. I would compare it to someone pulling the rug from under your feet while your focusing and trying very hard to accomplish something.

I hope I haven't lost you, but here is the second scenario, I will make this one shorter.

My aunt, has been living with us for about 8 months now. I have watched her go to extremely, yet blind christian radicalism, to a truth-seeker. This is where the downfall began and its probably not a coincidence, that I was teaching and showing my new awareness and findings right before both individuals started to show a decline. Almost exactly like Neo after he became aware or "unplugged" he had a melt down, okay imagine getting stuck in that stage. The questions, the apocalyptic battle between denial and acceptance and the confusion that an answer can bring. Lol at the irony, answers usually have the tendencies to make things clearer.

Any way now since shes moved in she's going through what my relative went through time a thousand. My aunt think EVERYONE is against here, everyone is either a nazi, a demon, or a slave holder. She says there are leprechauns in the house. Nothing about this is funny but here is little tiny bit of humor, her daughter is like in the 1st grade and her class had a project to build, the universe is so not funny on this one, the class had to build a leprechaun cathcer
. Why!?? The worse, most horrific timing ever right.? So, I haven't seen the ole catcher around someone probably hid it just to quiet things down. But doors are slammed for morning to night, she is talking to people that are not there and they could never be there because they passed away either during her life or her ancestors. Its just strange, she won't seek any help because she is back into her religion. I respect that 100% because I am aware of the fact, religions are factions that house spiritual knowledge, and concepts. In my research I have grown less likely to respect the factions, and I greatly and deeply appreciate the amorphous concepts that lie within religion(s). She thinks everyone is the enemy and I try to use religion as advantage, sort of like "If we are all created from the same substance, why would one waste energy on believing in a concept that alienates, and allows you to disrespect people based on some of their choices and beliefs".

To make a long story short, NOTHING IS WORKING. From my experiences I don't even believe that a sufficient methodology, treatment, approach, or any other way you want to put it, exist. It simply doesn't exist. That literally brings tears to my eyes to know that people have curable, treatable disorders that are being masked, I even believe they are purposefully being over looked. We create phones that look like a piece of glass, we have nano processors, and other junk that has nothing to do with everyday issues. The mindf*** of the day, the material-technological hoopla that we 'crave' to create is a drug in itself that I would compare it to my first scenario, the different doses, the different kinds it has left us numb to a point were we don't even recognize these poisons labeled as medicine. Peace to all, and I hope that we can come up with a resolution.

Im sry for typos I want to talk about but dont at the sametime, so I kinda don't want to read it again right now.
edit on 8-5-2013 by AKINOFTHEFIRSSTARS because: addtion

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
"teaching and showing my new awareness"

Explain this in more detail.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by AKINOFTHEFIRSSTARS

I don't want to give you false hope at all, neither do I wish to make things seem worse than they are. The bad news is that therapy takes a lot of time and expense and finding the right medication or mix of medications can be a slow, tedious, illness and reaction wrought process. The good news is that things can get better for your loved ones. It's a day to day proposition, but they can expect to have good days head ( along with some bad ones as well ).

It seems to me that you have a great deal of empathy for these people and that is a great start! Now the thing you can do for them is to be understanding, compassionate, and patient - but in a manner that allows them to retain their sense of dignity. Do not treat them like damaged people, nor pariahs. Treat them the same way you might a friend with a broken leg... in the regard that you'd automatically make instinctive concessions to a person with a broken leg to accommodate their injury - and you'd do so without judgement or stigma. If you can treat your loved ones with that same sort of automatic understanding and patience - it will help them greatly.

It will likely take time for them to find the right mix of things that will allow them to stabilize. But they will be able to get there if they've got the will and the support system around them to allow for it.

All is not lost and it's not as dark as it seems to be right now.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Is there a point to this rambling?

I see no solution or even a helpful suggestion provided. And you should proof read, as much of this doesn't make any sense.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   

While I have no specific advice to offer you I wanted to let you know that you are not alone. Struggling to get it all down in 5000 characters is a daunting task and It is obvious to me that you love your Aunt and are fighting to find a solution to her pain. I wont get into the details of my current situation but I will say that I can understand the feeling of urgency, and I know I have to fight to remain patient and to hold on to the love I feel for those that are struggling.

Although I have walked the labyrinth of my own mental illnesses ( depression and PTSD ), some days are better than others and to witness a loved one seemingly lost at the beginning of their own journey is heartbreaking. Thankfully there are those here that are willing to share their own experiences and are able to put it into words that, while we have never spoken directly ( thank you Heff ) have given me a calming light in the storm.

To the question of resolutions, I have no simple answers. Our lack of a compassionate system in place to help those that struggle with mental illnesses and the support for those of us that are trying against the current to be supportive is so broken it hardly resembles a system IMO. I am hopeful that as we are able to talk openly about our experiences this will begin to change.

Penny

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Unfortunately, at this time, what you relative received is considered good mental health care. Isn't that a scarey thought. Our mental health system needs an overhaul.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by calstorm
Unfortunately, at this time, what you relative received is considered good mental health care. Isn't that a scarey thought. Our mental health system needs an overhaul.

I agree wholeheartedly Calstorm, and in some ways I fear, it has gotten worse over the years. When I first sought help many years ago I made a call call and someone came. Now, in my locality anyway the only way to get into a safe place if for whatever reason you cannot be or do not have a place called home, you have be brought in by the local police. In order to do this you have to be considered violent to yourself or others and caught in the act. The problems with this system is obvious to me but many here have said that they consider this to be a good system. I'm not sure of the OP's location but this seems to be the case across much of the US anyway. It seems to me that a less fear inducing approach would encourage those who wish to seek help on their own to do so without exposing themselves to an aggression filled scenario.

Penny

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   
There really are psychiatric conditions of schizophrenia, depression, bi-polar/manic/depressive, personality disorder, and others. There are also conditions of demonic possession and oppression.

A well-intentioned psychiatrist or priest should be able to direct in the appropriate direction.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 04:08 AM
link   

she has parasites, get her to do a detox cleanse. If she has brain parasites it will be hard to detect but 1/4 people in the world have them.

It can make people crazy. DEETOOOXXX CLEANSEEE and tell her to put down the cheeseburgers and corn syrup pop.

Corn is animal feed, nowadays anyways with the overproduction of GM crops. Its mostely for feeding animals but the left overs are sold as syrup and anything else...

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by pennylemon

And there is still such a stigma associated with mental illness it's not helping matters. If you have cancer, there is great sympathy and an outpouring of support and help and understanding. If you have some type of mental illness on the other hand, forget it. You have to keep it secret as best you can otherwise people look at you funny. And talk about you behind your back.

It's a very sad scenario. And makes you feel even worse about your depression, or whatever it is. I speak from experience. I've had debilitating depression for years.

Here is a website that might be helpful for some:

Mental Illness Help

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   

once you notice things... mental disorders on this planet are caused by technology lol...

true story. I have a life long condition that started 3 years ago called schitzophrenia. In that time I've been people turn flat as a pancake as if turned 2dimensional for a few seconds, people vanish, morph their appearance, and other disturbing things. Once you notice what the world looks like artistically like the ocean floor drawings and such you kind of realise there's something extremely disturbing going on with this world with technology and scripting peoples lives like relationships in a high tech rape game. Like how over the years since birth I've acquired a pattern of scars like orions belt and nebula on my face, slashed down the ribs and ankle and back of hand like jesus and my foot even with a hole that leaks as like orion and the river eridanus running from it. Hell even my birth date and name are that of 666... Something is puppeting and scripting lives on this world along with a language/oral multi perspective game. It's not funny because it's actually murdering, raping, and defiling peoples lives and bodies. CAn't wait until 20 posts so I can post more it's all so interesting.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   
There is a spiritual phenomenon in society of the doctor that does a deal with the forces of darkness for the sake of material gain. So he does a deal and the evil spirits seek their victims, and plague the hearts and minds of people with certain conditions, and they are not alleviated of symptoms until they pay a certain amount of money, time, or service to the evil power. These curses are alleviated through regular service to drugs.

My paradigm is far out there and I might be accused but hey it is about personal experience. All the science voodoo in making a drug that works, that is some serious ritual to effect some serious magic. In other words, it only works when you believe it works, and most people believe it works after the psychiatric powers believe it works. So what have you been trained to believe, that your crazy family cannot get well without institutionalization and pharmaceuticals?

This is not medical advice and I am not a doctor, but in experience, food affects mood. Maybe your family members have genes that trace back to a family group that certain genomicists would like to eradicate through food engineering, so when your family members eat the engineered food, their health is affected and the result is illness. Sounds mythological but what is GMO food about anyways? Some doctors have discovered a link between genes of mentally ill ( schizophrenic or Down's syndrome) and gluten and casein. Some kinds of crazy is made worse from red meats. So encourage a better diet for your crazy family.

By the way this is ATS, and so I can say without too much crazy-hating, there are leprechauns, but they can't be caught, because they are astral beings.

Don't forget about your personal campaign of advertising to the world about your unfortunate family. It really does hurt when a family member introduces new people to them by amplifying their flaws first, and it makes it hard for them to set their own impressions.

If the drugs and the diets do not work, try a spiritual healer. It could be a malicious presence that is driving your family insane. If it all does not work try NLP, and start subliminally believing your crazies are normal, see if that changes the atmosphere.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I am so sorry that you are the one to have to deal with all of this. You are an empath to 'nth degree. You feel their pain. I am sorry that i can't give you any definite advice since there is so much going on. If I were you, I would go back to when the symptoms first appeared and work backwards from there and see where it leads you.
I hope that this message finds you well.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   

MuzzleBreak
There really are psychiatric conditions of schizophrenia, depression, bi-polar/manic/depressive, personality disorder, and others. There are also conditions of demonic possession and oppression.

A well-intentioned psychiatrist or priest should be able to direct in the appropriate direction.

Finally someone who knows what there talking about MuzzleBreak hit the nail on the head and i love you for this.
Demonic possession is what this is and the demons can be removed by reading the bible, repenting and changing your lifestyle. Ask for Jesus to protect you and look up demonic possession and how to remove them also look up reasons why demons attach to people in the first place there are steps that must be taken.
Demons can be removed by oneself if their faith is stong enough and you remove them in the name of Jesus Christ i wouldnt recommend trusting a priest or psychiatrist though, since you have no way of truely knowing if they practice what they preach and if they truely have the holy spirit or not.

Each demon has to be removed seperately and they all have names you can research this. If this is a family thing it could go deeper than the eye allows to see. When something like this is family related theres often a history of occult/ new age practices, physical abuse, sexual abuse ect that have allowed these demons to enter to start with. Im not saying this is the case but dig deep find out what you can before you attempt to remove anything. Nothing can be repeated once the person is cured or the demons come straight back again and this time they bring lots of friends and the person will end up worse than before.

May God bless you and lead you into finding out the truth.

top topics

join