It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tim Lambesis Could Be Facing Up To Nine Years In Prison, Sheriff’s Department Comments On Arrest

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Tim Lambesis Could Be Facing Up To Nine Years In Prison, Sheriff’s Department Comments On Arrest

www.metalhammer .co.uk

“Information came to us late last week — last Thursday, to be specific — that Lambesis was soliciting another individual to kill his estranged wife, who also resides in the area. Our detectives, our fugitive task force and the sheriff’s special investigations division immediately initiated an investigation into this allegation. We worked around the clock through the weekend and that culminated this afternoon when Lambesis solicited an undercover detective to kill his wife.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 5/8/2013 by semperfortis because: copy the EXACT headline

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I cannot believe that an icon of the metal religion has been arrested for solicitation.. this is a very hard knock to the metal community. Ive been a fan of their music for over 6 years now and I cannot believe this is what Tim would do. Anyone else's opinion on this subject? any feedback on this subject will be appreciated.

www.metalhammer .co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Just cause he plays metal and is semi-famous does not mean he is incapable of being a complete buttock face. Humans are an messy species really. We can be capable of amazing things, and utterly deplorable things the next day. I'm sorry someone you liked did this, I'd be miffed too if it was one of my musical heroes. But at least his plan was foiled so take that as a positive.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Not a fan but did some reading on this a while ago.

Found a couple of very interesting quotes that might explain this...

“The more I sought truth uncorrupted by years of religious history, the more I kept finding answers I didn’t want to find. Emotionally, it would have been easiest for me to just hold on to what I grew up believing, but mentally that wasn’t an option anymore.” -Tim Lambesis

The post on his blog, as well the lyrics and commentary of his new song, clearly indicates that he has lost faith. Read it. “still inspired by the words of the man who told us to ‘love our enemies’ and to serve ‘the least of these”. Any atheist could agree with this. This philosophy isn’t dependent on a deity.

In addition, there’s nothing in that interview that Dutch posted that says he’s still Christian. Their newest album is very clearly about losing faith if you read the lyrics. Or #, even if you read the commentary that you linked to. moralcompassblog.com...

I’m absolutely heartbroken over the news of Tim Lambesis’ (lead singer for As I Lay Dying) arrest for allegedly attempting to hire someone to murder his wife. AILD is my favorite band. It’s been several hours since I first read the news and I feel physically sick over this.

I’m thankful that his wife is safe. I pray for their kids. If this is true, at it seems like that may be the case, then I pray for the brokenness of Tim. I trust there is Meaning in Tragedy, for nothing happens outside of God’s providential will. “Sometimes we have to watch our whole lives fall apart before we can rebuild them again.” Isn’t that the truth…

You can really tell in AILD’s most recent album that Tim has been in the darkest places in his life (see “A Greater Foundation” and “Without Lungs to Breathe”). I don’t know what else to say besides the fact that I’m saddened by this news. After all this, I think I could only say that I’m speechless and left bereft. sententias.org...

Alt Press has some exclusive information that seems to further confirm his guilt:

"Friends and acquaintances of the singer have noted a change in his personality since he started getting heavily into bodybuilding. Our source says, “It’s a common subject of late how different he’s seemed."

As Christians we need to remember that even King David committed adultery and murder but repented in the end and was forgiven (though not without punishment). I do not know him well enough to declare him to have been a true believer but I can say that we should pray for him and hope for the best. Each one of us has the same potential for evil as he did even if it seems remote to us now. So let’s not be too quick to judge here, lest we also be judged for the thoughts of our hearts. walkingchristian.com...

Fans and other Christians seem to be assuming that Lambesis has either fallen from his faith or was never really a believer in the first place. But what if this is much more complicated than that? thinkchristian.net...

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Maybe, but unless he gives in depth reasons for doing this, not sure I would believe it. I think tptb conduct most crimes.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   
We probably just dont know what his wife was like....so we really cant make a judgement on the man himself can we?
Who hasnt thought of throwing the old lady down the basement stairs and chucking the laundry hamper down on top of her hey?
Poor thing, well miss her greatly........
I mean be honest guys metal or not hes just a man who puts his pants on one leg at a time hey................

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

Another one religion has warped beyond all normal human understanding, so far that they go completely off the wagon trying to fix their woes...

Okay maybe that's a cheapshot. I love how the "faithful" thinks it's some mysterious part of "Gods plan" though...

edit on 8-5-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
We probably just dont know what his wife was like....so we really cant make a judgement on the man himself can we?
Who hasnt thought of throwing the old lady down the basement stairs and chucking the laundry hamper down on top of her hey?
Poor thing, well miss her greatly........
I mean be honest guys metal or not hes just a man who puts his pants on one leg at a time hey................

I don't but that's because I prescreen all my girlfriends, and also prescreening is why I'm not married yet...

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Alt Press has some exclusive information that seems to further confirm his guilt: "Friends and acquaintances of the singer have noted a change in his personality since he started getting heavily into bodybuilding. Our source says, “It’s a common subject of late how different he’s seemed."

as someone who has dabbled in bodybuilding and increasing, "by any means", the amount of testosterone, I can confirm that the male hormone in excess, brings out Mr. Hyde in many people. It's called roid rage.

Personally, it gave me a HUGE insight into the human condition and how we are influenced not just by mental programming by society, friends, parents, infrastructure, but also how programmed we are by the needs and fluctuations of the body.

We can attribute the majority of the world's filth to broken/demented ideologies, and the animalism the comes from too much testosterone.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Well even if he's innocent he should have to serve a month for every crappy album he put out.
Bazzzinga!

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   
He pleaded not guilty today.

The arraignment was earlier this afternoon, May 9th and according about UT San Diego pleaded not guilty to one count of solicitation of murder at his arraignment in Vista Superior Court. Originally the prosecutor requested a $20 million bail based on his earnings but after the defense argued that was an unreasonable amount it was dropped to $3 million. Should Lambesis make bail he was ordered to stay away from his wife and children.

www.metalinjection.net...

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   
This is where the plot thickens... www.metalinjection.net...

It turns out his estranged wife's brother is a cop! Well now.. This give fair way for conspiracy? Doesn't it?

#FREETIMLAMBESIS!!!!!!!

I honestly don't believe he did it, there are hundreds of ways to obtain voice recordings... Especially when someone is a vocalist in a world famous band.. The article also states he paid $1000 .. Seriously? Someone who earns a sheeeetload of cash is seriously gonna hire someone who charges $1000 to kill a woman? I doubt it.

I think things were rocky with his wife and she got a sour mouth, spoke to big brother and he cooked up a plot to end tim's walk to success.

I don't see someone who was raising thousands of dollars in cash for a new album with arnold schwarzeneggar featuring in it, planning to go to prison anytime soon. When you make a conscious decision to take a life, you come to terms with the possibility of going away for a loooooong time..

I'd love to hear other's opinions on this subject

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Bail lowered to $2 million, plot blamed on steroids.

As expected, a new bail hearing was held for imprisoned As I Lay Dying singer Tim Lambesis today in San Diego. His defense team sought to have the $3 million bail amount reduced, and was apparently successful, though only moderately, as the amount was reduced to $2 million - which his lawyer states Lambesis still cannot afford. Interestingly, initial reports indicate that during the hearing Lambesis' defense team blamed the plot on the steroids he uses as part of his weight-lifting regimen. Lambesis is also apparently suffering from steroid withdrawl in prison.

top topics

join