It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protest Method: Kiss-ins

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Kiss-ins: A group of homosexual/straight/inter-racial couples meeting in random public places of conservative base and engaging in the simple act of kissing.

A group is setup to travel around and engage in this form of protest. Say DC: In front of the White House, Capital Building, etc. Conservative areas and states banning gay marriage.

What type of reaction do you think they would receive?

If they receive negative criticism would you be sympathetic?

Would you care if you were exposed to this in a public place?

Would it have any negative/positive impact?

Feel free to make other comments.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Kiss ins eh? Of all the forms of protest thats pretty original I guess.

Seriously if anyody is offended by seeing other couple kissing then there's something wrong with your brain.

But hey screw it. Sign me up. All I have to do now is convince my girlfriend.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Although a kiss-in probably does seem a little silly of a concept overall, many individuals of all races still have problems with interracial couples. So by involving most combinations of relationships you show that there really is no difference among loving couples. Also, it is a form of non-violent protest.

I believe MTV did a documentary on how some couples in cities receive heckling and harassment because they are different races. Also, their families give them grief.

[EDIT Corrected A Sentence Fragment]

[edit on 11/4/2004 by swintersVT]

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Can you say fire hose. This is exactly the kind of activity that will lead to violent and rapid backlash. Most people with kids have a stake in how far decency will decline within a society and when too many parents have to explain to their four-year-olds why two men or women are kissing each other in the public square, things will start getting hot.

top topics

join