It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As I Lay Dying singer arrested for plotting murder

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   

According to the San Diego County Sheriff's Department, Lambesis asked an undercover detective Tuesday to murder his estranged wife. Following an investigation, Lambesis was arrested this afternoon at an unspecified Oceanside, CA business. Authorities were apparently aware that Lambesis had soliticed someone to kill his wife, prompting the investigation. Lambesis has been charged with solicitation of another to commit murder and has been booked into the Vista Detention Facility.

UPDATE #1: Jan Caldwell, spokeswoman for the San Diego County Sheriff's Department, made the following comments to Artisan News about the matter: "Information came to us late last week — last Thursday, to be specific — that Lambesis was soliciting another individual to kill his estranged wife, who also resides in the area. Our detectives, our fugitive task force and the sheriff's special investigations division immediately initiated an investigation into this allegation. We worked around the clock through the weekend and that culminated this afternoon when Lambesis solicited an undercover detective to kill his wife. The next step will be Lambesis' initial appearance in court, and that is where the charges are read, and if there's a bail to be set. And they will go from there and start setting different court dates. The investigation at our end is still ongoing, and I can't go into detail on that. And, thankfully, no one was hurt. But I believe that the captain who commented earlier said that we averted a tragedy today." Arraignment for Lambesis is scheduled to take place tomorrow, Thursday, May 9th. If convicted, Lambesis could face up to 9 years in a California state prison

lambgoat.com...

I did a search, couldn't find anything on this.

I've never heard the band, but from what I know they're widely popular. I wonder why he would want to kill her. Maybe someone who knows more about the band will know any problems they've had, if he's ever discussed them.
I checked the band twitter, and the members. They have not made any comments on this.
I wonder what's going to happen with the band now as well.

edit on 8-5-2013 by Havox because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
S&F.

I was going to post this earlier but my internet is messing up.

-The band use to be real popular with my friends and I back in the day.
the song "forever" is pretty awesome. And they are a good band. The lead singer USE to seem level headed... but I'm not sure what happened since then... crazy

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Havox

I was gonna post this too... When I saw it my mouth was
I actually liked this band and enjoyed the music.

Unfortunate.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Until now I have not heard of the group (As I lay Dying); this is so sad; I am glad he did not succeed in the evil he wanted to to do.

Here is an interesting article on the ABC website: It says in this article that he is a Christian.

Link: abcnews.go.com...

edit on 8-5-2013 by caladonea because: edit

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I have been out of the music scene for so long I had to Google the guys name to figure out who he was...

The band which was formed ten years ago in San Diego has been described by the media as Christian. However lyrical content in the groups new Pyrithion project has been objected to by some of their Christian fans who described the words as “satanic.” www.examiner.com...

His newly launched Pyrithion project, also on Metal Blade, raised some eyebrows with some of the Christian-leaning As I Lay Dying's longtime fans, who objected to what they saw as "satanic" lyrical content. Lambesis, who studied at Liberty University and has several faith related tattoos, recently posted a video where he addressed those concerns. www.billboard.com...

As I Lay Dying/Allegaeon side project Pyrithion has released the below video which finds Tim Lambesis explaining the concept and lyrics behind the project and their recent debut EP, “The Burden Of Sorrow“. Along with various insight into the group and their songs, it finds Lambesis shooting down claims that the group sees the faith-based metaller straying from his beliefs. www.theprp.com...

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
A couple more very interesting quotes concerning Tim Lambesis...

“The more I sought truth uncorrupted by years of religious history, the more I kept finding answers I didn’t want to find. Emotionally, it would have been easiest for me to just hold on to what I grew up believing, but mentally that wasn’t an option anymore.” -Tim Lambesis

The post on his blog, as well the lyrics and commentary of his new song, clearly indicates that he has lost faith. Read it. “still inspired by the words of the man who told us to ‘love our enemies’ and to serve ‘the least of these”. Any atheist could agree with this. This philosophy isn’t dependent on a deity.

In addition, there’s nothing in that interview that Dutch posted that says he’s still Christian. Their newest album is very clearly about losing faith if you read the lyrics. Or #, even if you read the commentary that you linked to. moralcompassblog.com...

I’m absolutely heartbroken over the news of Tim Lambesis’ (lead singer for As I Lay Dying) arrest for allegedly attempting to hire someone to murder his wife. AILD is my favorite band. It’s been several hours since I first read the news and I feel physically sick over this.

I’m thankful that his wife is safe. I pray for their kids. If this is true, at it seems like that may be the case, then I pray for the brokenness of Tim. I trust there is Meaning in Tragedy, for nothing happens outside of God’s providential will. “Sometimes we have to watch our whole lives fall apart before we can rebuild them again.” Isn’t that the truth…

You can really tell in AILD’s most recent album that Tim has been in the darkest places in his life (see “A Greater Foundation” and “Without Lungs to Breathe”). I don’t know what else to say besides the fact that I’m saddened by this news. After all this, I think I could only say that I’m speechless and left bereft. sententias.org...

Alt Press has some exclusive information that seems to further confirm his guilt:

"Friends and acquaintances of the singer have noted a change in his personality since he started getting heavily into bodybuilding. Our source says, “It’s a common subject of late how different he’s seemed."

As Christians we need to remember that even King David committed adultery and murder but repented in the end and was forgiven (though not without punishment). I do not know him well enough to declare him to have been a true believer but I can say that we should pray for him and hope for the best. Each one of us has the same potential for evil as he did even if it seems remote to us now. So let’s not be too quick to judge here, lest we also be judged for the thoughts of our hearts. walkingchristian.com...

Fans and other Christians seem to be assuming that Lambesis has either fallen from his faith or was never really a believer in the first place. But what if this is much more complicated than that? thinkchristian.net...

edit on 8-5-2013 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
He pleaded not guilty today,

The arraignment was earlier this afternoon, May 9th and according about UT San Diego pleaded not guilty to one count of solicitation of murder at his arraignment in Vista Superior Court. Originally the prosecutor requested a $20 million bail based on his earnings but after the defense argued that was an unreasonable amount it was dropped to $3 million. Should Lambesis make bail he was ordered to stay away from his wife and children.

www.metalinjection.net...

new topics

top topics

join