It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congress and GAO Investigating DHS Ammo Stockpiling

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
But wait a minute here...Haven't so many people on ATS stated when this all started that it was just business as usual? Nothing to see here? MOVE ALONG?

But if it's all hearsay on the net and just a bunch of Conspiracy theories then why would they investigate? They don't give any credibility to Conspiracy Theorists...right?

Congress and GAO Investigating DHS Ammo Stockpiling

www.fox19.com...
(FOX19) - Ben Swann - Reality Check For months now, the Internet has been buzzing with rumors of massive ammo buys by the U.S. government. Now, some members of Congress have taken notice and have begun holding hearings about just how much ammo is being bought and for what purpose.

Ok, so we have them saying that they are going to prevent stockpiling by Govt. agencies if they are more than in previous years. I don't know why I believe this but I just don't. First of all...too late. The purchases have been made, the ammo has and is being delivered, the store fronts are becoming bare (Not just from private purchases) because of excessive purchasing. And what do people have left? A shortage of ammo while DHS has a surplus.

www.usnews.com... congressional investigative agency is jumping into the fray just as legislation was introduced in both the Senate and the House to restrict the purchase of ammo by some government agencies (except the Department of Defense). The AMMO Act, introduced Friday, would prevent agencies from buying more ammunition if "stockpiles" are greater than what they were in previous administrations.

I don't remember hearing of severe market fluctuations or any news of vendors not delivering to the Govt. Many of these vendors survive off of these large orders.

"The idea that you have to have excess rounds, year after year, flies in the face of common sense," Issa said. Medina argued that DHS keeps a reserve of ammunition because of market fluctuations and because of past problems with vendors.

Anyways, just thought this was interesting as the times are certainly getting stranger by the day.

Peace

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

They even bought a bunch of ammo I remember for the Air Resources Board and other agencies that should never need to be shooting anyone,
that seems pretty strange to me!

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I think many people have stated that with new agencies and when you calculate the actual rounds per worker, it is not a high of number as some might like to "shock" with.

Certainly it is good news for a congressional inquiry or GAO oversight, but that does not imply anything nefarious either. It simply states that questions need to be answered.

As of right now, there is still no reason to jump on anything because we don't have all the answers (or lies) that they will/have come up with over the matter.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
This might help as to some questions about ammo stockpiling etc

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Signatories on LaMalfa's letter. On a humorous side note, there are 14 signatories to the letter but the sources reporting it keep stating that there 15 signatories ("Doug LaMalfa and 14 other representatives"):

Rep. Doug LaMalfa (R-CA)
unintelligible
Rep. Stevan Pearce (R-NM)
Rep. Raul Labrador (R-ID)
unintelligible
Rep. Steve King (R-IA)
Rep. Andy Harris (R-MD)
Rep. Jim Bridenstine (R-OK)
Rep. Joe Barton (R-TX)
Rep. Pete Olson (R-TX)
Rep. Cynthia Lummis (R-WY)
Rep. Tim Huelskamp (R-KS)
unintelligible
Rep. Billy Long (R-MO)

I think I see a pattern here but you know, I'm not quite sure...Overall, it's kind of meaningless that 14 (15 including Lance who I don't think signed the LaMalfa letter based on the signatures) out of 435 members signed it. That represents about 3% of the House of Representatives, which, btw, is under Republican control. Checked the GAO site and found nothing released about any investigation being launched into the matter. The original source for the GAO aspect was Washington Whispers (part of US News) and they have taken the story down. Not even listed anymore so probably was a false tip. Problem is, you've got the echo chamber echoing the story even though the originating source is now gone: www.usnews.com...

edit on 8/5/13 by WhiteAlice because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
i wonder what they will find? most likely nothing will come of this, they say the bullets are for training but i think they are for civilians.

new topics

top topics

join