It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What you dream does count as a real experiance.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
reply to post by zatara

I'll go you one better. Everything you think, do or say is recorded by your brain, even in sleep. This is connected to a memory bank in your soul. Like a security camera recorder that just sits and takes it all in. You can't edit or erase that.

So be good for goodness sakes...

Maybe you are onto something here too.. Maybe this is how God (assuming there is one) knows what you have done with your life and can reward you...or punish you based on that "recording". He is God and is everywhere, but to remember everything from every living soul is a little too much...even for God I guess. He maybe has a special connector He can plug into someone and download all there is to know from a person...ha,ha..

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by zatara

Thanks for that reply.

Maybe this is how God (assuming there is one) knows what you have done with your life and can reward you...or punish you based on that "recording".

Have you ever heard of the study they did where they poked electrodes into peoples brains and it triggers some memory? They may even have forgotten about it completely, but now they recall it with detail. Or regressive hypnosis? To figure out buried trauma?

"Brainologists" tell us that our memory storage space in the brain is massive, bigger than we need, really. I think that if we live a long life we eventually fill that space to record all of our experience, like a hard drive. Every sound, every sight, every event (like a security camera, only better).

There would be in this case no doubt to exactly what happens here on Earth, because all of the minds that ever were are always in record mode. Say a gunshot or scream rings out in the middle of the night. All the people in range of that will hear it, even in their sleep. Perfect forensics. Every rape, murder, theft, war crime, all will be exposed for all to see just_exactly_who_ is_responsible.

Ahhh, can't wait. Those that hurt others and enjoy it, are going to get theirs in the end.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

No, never heared of that technique to retrieve memories. Of course I know these brain doctors are poking electrodes in someone brain to stimulate muscles but this is new to me..

You said every sound every image and everything the senses can registrate, conscious or sub-conscious... will be recorded by the brain...so does everyone. With all that data from every person you can reconstruct a 3D world...and have witnesses to confrim a certain event in a certain moment in time..Or to "see" an event from a different "angle".

edit on 15/5/2013 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by zatara

You said every sound every image and everything the senses can registrate, conscious or sub-conscious... will be recorded by the brain...so does everyone. With all that data from every person you can reconstruct a 3D world...and have witnesses to confrim a certain event in a certain moment in time..Or to "see" an event from a different "angle".

What a fantastic possibility that could be. The world is filled with liars, crooks and sadists. They think they get away with their crimes because nobody saw them do it. What they may not realize is their eyes (and the eyes of their victims) recorded it all.

Each of us has a certain access to our stored memory. Sometimes we struggle to remember something but give up after a bit. And then an hour or a day later suddenly, there it is in our minds. I would like to think that all our experience is stored there, waiting for... retri?) at some point.

Even a baby in a womb, or a pilot in a plane crash, or a witness to a massacre.

Sure, why not?

And all that data like you said could be preserved of our time on earth and all the knowledge and special moments that ever were. What a library. And we are part of it.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Originally posted by intrptr
reply to post by zatara

The whole situation is not realy that sensational or that I can cause a national security breach by telling you. But I can not go much further into what I exactly dreamed because it has to with what they call security awareness.

So it doesn't really help to ask for details, and I am not into guessing games. If you had a premonition in a dream that is good, your stuff is working just fine.

"What you dream does count as a real experience." Your thread title.

I'll go you one better. Everything you think, do or say is recorded by your brain, even in sleep. This is connected to a memory bank in your soul. Like a security camera recorder that just sits and takes it all in. You can't edit or erase that.

So be good for goodness sakes...

Memory... [thinking up reply... apologies for my premature postification...]
edit on 28-5-2013 by rschmfem because: oppsie, forgot to type in my reply ... :3

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by rschmfem

Memory... [thinking up reply... apologies for my premature postification...]

Too bad, I am really interested to hear what you thought about that...

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by zatara

I don't know. I mean -- one one hand, I think it is perfectly reasonable to imagine scenarios wherein dreams might prepare the dreamer for various "real life" events and scenarios. But these aren't the only varieties of dreams, in my experience.

An example of one I had recently that fits your theory: I was dreaming that myself and my immediate family + a few close friends where trapped in a scenario, where we were forced to look for shelter from some kind of storm or attack. We looked and looked, without much success, and the dream was stressful. This likely mirrored my then-current fears and worries about a pending financial matter. In the dream I kept finding myself in various "dead-ends" and at once point -- I was chased down and gored by a Rhinoceros. I woke on impact with the horn in my guts, and got up to use the bathroom. I remember telling myself that I might never have been gored if I could "fly." When I laid back down I immediately found myself in the same scenario, but this time, when I was chased by a Rhino, I floated up and soared "above the map." I soon convinced my associates to do the same, and we quickly found a perfectly serviceable and dependable shelter.

Last night however, I dreamt that I was living in a parallel world, similar to our own, but that I was essentially a different person. Though many of the people in my "real life" were present, they lived different roles. For example, my son, who is 12, was my much older "father," an old lover was my "wife," and so on. In the dream I watched my father live his life from young adulthood, establish a school, and, eventually -- I was born. The details are sketchy, because I didn't write this one down as soon as I woke, but the gist of the remainder of the dream was my life, from birth through late middle age, until my death by suicide (hanging). Throughout the night I woke twice and made mental note of the dream, which was especially vivid, though only partially "lucid." My lucidity was restricted to several useful "powers" I evoked in response to the events of the dream, and also in an interlude, where I attempted to woo romantically a stranger during my early 20's in the dream world, by choice. As the dream progressed towards middle age, I woke to my daughter coming upstairs to bed and shutting off the downstairs lights. I noted the time (3am) and fell back into the dream. It continued in its strangely accelerated way until I reached late middle age in the dream and (apparently) hung myself, whereupon the dream froze like a paused video, grayed and faded into wakefulness. It was 5:35am.

This experience reinforces two ideas I have been kicking around re: Lucid dreaming. (1) Not all lucid dreams are completely lucid. Some are deeply episodic and "steerable" without being entirely lucid. For example: I normally wouldn't allow myself to be hung, killed, gored or shot in a dream I had any degree of "control" over, but in this one, I did, and it was NOT distressing, just -- the end. (2) Lucid dreams do not appear to "happen" ONLY in short time-spans, during specific sleep cycles. They can persist over several actual hours, and resume after short periods of wakefulness or introspection.

The first dream appears to match your theory. The second almost appears to be reliving of a parallel life, or a fairly complex re-imagining of one in theory. I didn't draw any lessons about my current life (or relationships) from it, but rather -- experienced a different "me" / "us" over the course of the night, which itself was a compressed lifetime in the dream. Though I maintained some degree of lucidity, I was not steering the events of the dream consciously, nor was I distressed at the prospect of my apparent death by suicide at the "end." In fact -- I was far more distressed at the strange freeze or pause the moment before I woke, as it seemed the "dream" had more to show me beyond my own "death" in that particular version of reality.

In the first dream, I was the learner. In the second dream, I was an observer with some limited steering ability.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

I touched a little on memory in this post here .. On the "I felt what TRUE love feels like!" thread... earlier...

Originally posted by rschmfem
reply to post by winofiend

Every choice we make changes our reality a little bit. Even simply not writing down a dream experience upon waking changes you. Simply choosing not to say something or do something in the moment changes you and your future but slightly. Who we are is a collective of memories...

Who we become is a mesh up of everything we do and experience now. Whether in dream worlds or real worlds... your brain may not know the difference between a lucid dream and your reality, but that doesn't mean that every dream has a significant meaning or tie to reality. Most dreams, IMO, are chaotic jumbles of random images based on active brain functionality [particularly true in REM sleep].

Putting symbolic stress on meanings behind dreams are usually pointless unless you are dreaming the same thing every night for over a week. THEN, I'd say take it to a professional for another opinion.

But simply interpreting indefinite symbolism and meanings of dreams is a very personal experience as the same thing in the same dream can mean two different things for two different minds. In fact, I believe the mind and the brain of the same person can have two totally different interpretations of the same event (real or not).

Memories (whether reality based or dream based) are experiences used to shape us into who we are, who others know us to be and who we'd like to become...

They're lessons learned, knowledge acquired, actions taken and mistakes identified...

Dream memories in particular are our experiences booted on SAFE MODE. Most people report nightmare-ish dreams because most people fear those situations, IMO; and these are the modes we create in subconscious preparedness to alleviate the fear. Practice makes progress, they say... And what safer way to practice dangerous, deadly situations than within the comfort and safety of our own minds.

So...

Yes...

I agree with the dreams-are-real-experience thing in the trial/practice/simulation/SAFE MODE BOOT kind of way.

I hope that makes sense...

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by rschmfem

I agree with the dreams-are-real-experience thing in the trial/practice/simulation/SAFE MODE BOOT kind of way.

I hope that makes sense...

Yes it did. Thanks for the rundown.

To me, dreams are occurring to us in a sleep mode where our consciousness may or may not be paying attention to it at the time. In other words, the dreams we remember are the ones we were "awake" during. As our awareness slips from there-to sleep-to here, the memory is disrupted so we "can't remember what happened after that", kind of thing.

We day dream while we are awake too. When we realize we missed stuff we go, "Huh?, what did you say? I'm sorry, I wasn't paying attention."

My theory is that even when we aren't aware our brains are in constant record mode, capturing everything; the traffic noise, conversation, Tv shows. Just like a security cam. This plus our thoughts are a permanent record in our minds, which will be with us forever. So be careful what you fill your mind with.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by zatara
After experiancing the dream I had a few days ago and the (real life) practical experiance I had two days after the dream I must come to the conclusion that what you feel emotionally in a dream is equal to what you would feel in a simular situation ...but in real life...awake.

I came to this conclusion because I know how I would deal with a certain stress situation for the first time and how different I will deal with it when I already have dealed with a simular situation before.

By doing something stressful for the first time and doing it a second time....the second time I will have more control over the situation and will be more relaxed. And that is what happened to me...

The whole situation is not realy that sensational or that I can cause a national security breach by telling you. But I can not go much further into what I exactly dreamed because it has to with what they call security awareness. The company I work for would not like that I go into details with my friends here on ATS,.. not even when I think nobody knows who I am.

Anyways,..the thing is that I encoutered a simular stressful situation in real life...at work. To my surprise I was not only flabbergasted because of the fact that I had a kind of predictive dream but also because of the way I had the situation under control. I know for sure that I would not be so relaxed and self-assured if I didn't have that dream in advance.

When you think back at your own emotional dream(s), would you come to the same conclusion or do you think that a dream will never prepare you for what you will experiance in real life.

I think I believe you. In a lot of my dreams lately I have been having to fight and kill people because they are trying to kidnap and kill me or my family. I mean the dreams I feel might be a good thing or a bad thing because I honestly feel like these dreams are preparing me for something and I am afraid to find out what it is. But also it worries me because I feel like I am getting used to the fact that I will have to kill someone if they are trying to kill me and I honestly believe that if the situation was bad enough, I wouldn't even hesitate to end them because I have done it before in my dreams. Sorry if that sounds disturbing.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join