It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whatever happened to the 144 tonnes of Libyan Gold?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Given what happened during the raid on Benghazi I wonder if there was more to it than a simple terrorist attack (on the cover of a staged protest). There is speculation that it was weapons related and Amb. Stevens was a loose end to be tied up....but since we never learned what happened to the gold that was appropriated by Nato troops after the fall of Ghaddafi perhaps there was a connection with the ambassador - a paper trail to the gold that was destroyed after the raid. Does anyone have any specific information on the status of the Libyan Gold?
edit on 8-5-2013 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

I sort of remember hearing of a armored military convoy headed south into Niger during the civil war. My guess would be that is where a good chunk of the gold is. Gaddafi and his cronies saw the handwriting on the wall, they would have moved as much of it as possible.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Shhhhh!

Such things never existed. Move along.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Ice Cube took it back to South Central....

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Ever see the movie "Three Kings"??? Well there's a part where Marky Mark is singing... " We 3 kings be steeling the gold" Sure it's a movie.... Holds no factual bearing on the Libyan Gold.... But the Stealing the Gold is the catch 22~

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Well, at least $100,000,000 maybe on its way to Syria as a gift..
2nd line..

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I heard rumours Mr T made himself a new necklace from it.

Seriously though, I strongly assume that at least parts of it are used to supply the "Al Quaeda" mercenary elements which are currently engaged in Syria. Also, they have to bring in trolleys full of cash on a daily base in Afghanistan and Iraq in order to keep the puppet regimes in place, so there goes something too, I assume.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   

link

This is a good thread you may want to take a look at. The US dollar is no longer backed by anything as the gold standard was finally wiped away in the early 70's after years of our own government chipping away at it. You used to be able to turn in your cash for gold. Then came along the Federal Reserve and in time made sure that was gone.

In this case and any other just follow the money...who needed it? Who benefited from it? Who was scared of it coming to the market?

International Banks. Most likely the IMF.

Supposedly he wanted to challenge the US dollar. Bad idea. Suddenly he was dead.

edit on 8-5-2013 by esdad71 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by esdad71

Yes the plan to introduce a gold dinar was probably the coup de grace for Ghaddafi (IMF ordered NATO to invade). But did the gold go to the IMF or elsewhere.....? Is it under the protection of the "Red Shield" (translation of Rothschild)?

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

That was a great movie (about Kuwaiti gold tho).

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
probably the same place all the gold from the vaults at the twin towers went never heard any more about that ?

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by billdadobbie
probably the same place all the gold from the vaults at the twin towers went never heard any more about that ?

What do you mean, never heard about? It was well reported, such as
nymag.com...

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Great question...i recall some information i came across before the fighting ended. It as an interesting article about money that was loaned to libya from our federal reserve...ill find it and link it in a minute....here is that link
I bring it up because there was a bit about them not repaying the loan and i postulated that it may have been one of the reasons for the invasion...

Originally posted by esdad71

In this case and any other just follow the money...who needed it? Who benefited from it?...

International Banks. Most likely the IMF.

Supposedly he wanted to challenge the US dollar. Bad idea. Suddenly he was dead.

edit on 8-5-2013 by esdad71 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-5-2013 by RadicalRebel because: added link

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
The offshore banking cartel took it...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by billdadobbie

Yep that gold disappeared somewhere....along with special "records" in Bldg 7 (and most of the forensic evidence got shipped off to China for scrap). Good point but that is another topic.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by hellobruce

OK that explains the Comex gold at WTC 7.....but not the original question. So far it seems reasonable to conclude that the international banking cartel, under the auspices of the IMF, "secured" the gold.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by billdadobbie

beat me to it....not many people know that this occured the day before...supposedly they used quite a few dump trucks to get it out....where did that all go?

Are "they" paying blackmail to outer wordly beings to stop them from invading the planet?

Seriously....lots of dodgy crap going on around the world.

Ghadaffi had a heapload of gold. his African Dinar was a gold coin and the currency was going t be backed by gold, unlike the rest of the wordls currencies....would have given Africa a big step up in the world of economics.

top topics

join