It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Battlefield 3 Servers attacked

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Its now the third day Battlefield 3 servers are being attacked externally..

the official response from DICE and EA was just published..

The current BF3 and Battlelog outages are a result of activity that appears to be aimed at overwhelming our back-end infrastructure. We will provide up to date information on our official channels, including the Battlefield Twitter account. Thanks for your patience!

battlelog.battlefield.com...

no news yet on whom is carrying out the attacks

edit on 8-5-2013 by heineken because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
OH NO now a bunch of kids are going to kill and try to rape their moms thanks to these hackers taking down BF3.. .CAN"T PLAY ONLINE NOOOO kill kill kill!!!!!

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
from official twitter

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by heineken

Rather ironic, don't you think ?

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrJohnSmith

Rather ironic, don't you think ?

yep!

i'm curious to see which group carried out the attacks..

its quiet a good attack..its been going on for 3 days already

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
What exactly is the point of this? Am I the only one who just sees this as, well, pointless?

I'm a pretty avid gamer, Battlefield being a favorite of mine. What's the point of this, though?

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by RomeByFire

do you even lift bro?

lol

i mean

hackers are attacking battlefield 3 servers..remember anonymous playstation attacks??

its interesting no??..more sense than your post really

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   

I think what RomeByFire was asking is what is the hacker's point in attacking battlefield 3 servers.

DDos type attacks are becoming more and more common as time goes by, but i cant help wondering the same thing RomeByFire asked.

What purpose does it serve to bring down the b3 servers? Is it some butthurt gamers that got banned? I cant really think of any other motivation to risk jail time on this kind of act.

By the end of the week they will have the issue resolved and everyone will be able to get back to their game, another week after that nobody will remember, or care that this ever happened.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by heineken

do you even lift bro?

lol

i mean

hackers are attacking battlefield 3 servers..remember anonymous playstation attacks??

I'm not attacking you "bro," and no I don't lift "bro" but I don't see how that's relevant?

Anyway, I'm asking what the point of this attack is. Like, what does whoever is doing the attacks gain from this? What's the point? Is there any actual tangible gain from this?

It just seems, well stupid and pointless (the attack on BF3 servers, NOT your thread).

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by RomeByFire

do you even lift bro?

lol

i mean

I'm not attacking you "bro," and no I don't lift "bro" but I don't see how that's relevant?

Anyway, I'm asking what the point of this attack is. Like, what does whoever is doing the attacks gain from this? What's the point? Is there any actual tangible gain from this?

It just seems, well stupid and pointless (the attack on BF3 servers, NOT your thread).

hmmmm...will "Sorry" do?

i will star your post XD

accept apologies again

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by dc4lifeskater

You shouldn't fun of someone else's tragedy

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by xDeadcowx

thanks for pointing that out for me!

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Casualboy100

this is what i call epic 1 liner

i willuse this in the future cheers!

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Gentlemen, please remain calm.

I just got an update from the BF3 joint chief of staff, and he said they dispatched the rapid response unit. They are surrounding a group of team-killers and spawn-campers, and some laggers as well, as we speak.

The response team has personally assured me that the situation will be remedied asap

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by H1ght3chHippie

lool..i wonder...how this photo exists

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Somehow I do not have the slightest doubt that it is absolutely real.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   

I have been playing BFV (Battle Field Vietnam ) since its inception. The difference is not just the graphics and really cool exploding buildings now, but the absolute control EA has over the games. You used to be able to host a game on your own computer, but not any more. EA decided to control the whole shebang, meaning rent. You must rent servers from them. Plus as I understand, they have done away with "Bots", or non human computerized opponents. This is another avenue of profit for them. They sell the cheats to the unethical player through back door deals. EA has gotten out of control, and very greedy..

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by RomeByFire

do you even lift bro?

lol

i mean

I was thinking that EA/DICE are doing this, just in order to sell BF4 with some new server system, you know, make it look like there is an outside source attacking them, and then sell a solution inside a new product, that's the only benefit that can come from this so called "Attack".

I think it's a con, like most big corporations use, just to increase profits in the near future.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   

again? hackers last year had stolen and had compromised accounts from players whom were only playing Battlefield 3 and now it seems they have attacked the Battlefield 3 Servers yet again.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
BAD HUMAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!

NO KILL.STEAL,RAPE PILLAGE, INVADE or BOMB

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join