This just happened and I thought I would share...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I came home after getting my haircut and as I was coming down my (residential) street, I noticed a white guy, late 20's, kind of thuggish looking with tats and no shirt, just kind of walking around towards the top of our street.

I pulled in to my house but forgot to pick something up, so I went back out. Again, he was just sort of wandering around towards the top of my street. He waved, so I waved back and went on about my business.

When I came back about 10 minutes later, the same guy was now in the back of a police cruiser. Someone must've called the law, and for some reason, the lawman put him in the car.

Sucks to think that you cannot even wander around outside anymore without the threat of law enforcement coming around to ask you what you're doing and for i.d.

edit on 8-5-2013 by lovebeck because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by lovebeck

If you didn't see what happened, how are you accusing him of being picked up for no reason, other than his looks??

edit on 5/8/2013 by Chrisfishenstein because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
late 20's, kind of thuggish looking with tats and no shirt, just kind of walking around

Feel fortunate the cops arrived to find out why the guy was wondering around.

A house may have been robbed?

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
You have no idea if the police picked him up for no reason or they caught him breaking into a house. I would need more information before I made such a charge.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   

He may well have been completely innocent, but unfortunately, maybe his appearance didn't do him any favours, and maybe he could not convince the LEO he was going about legitimate business, or he was under the influence of drugs or alcohol, possibly ?

Maybe there is more to this story than we are aware of, I would say...?

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Perhaps he had a warrant out for his arrest. In which case, he shouldn't have been loitering.

Just a guess.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   

10 possible options:

- He had an arrest warrant on him
- He did commit a crime in the vincinity
- He was a helpless person
- He was a drug addict
- He was a fugitive
- He spit on the cop car
- He started jaywalking and the cops saw it
- He started jaywalking and someone called the cops
- He molested a passerby
- He - insert random criminal offence here -

Talk about jumping to conclusions.
edit on 8-5-2013 by H1ght3chHippie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   

A long time ago, when I lived in a residential family neighborhood. I saw a similar situation, and called the cops. Turned out the guy I called on, was an escaped mental patient, being held for stabbing his Mother. I'm glad I called.

Kinda glad you aren't my neighbor, if you think that everyone picked up in a neighborhood shouldn't have been.

Des

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Somebody probably called the police because they were scared. The guy may have been trying to find a house and couldn't remember the address. They may have had him in the car for questioning, they may have been assisting him in finding where he was going. I was trying to find a house one time and the cops stopped and asked me what I was doing. I was on the wrong street and they told me where I was supposed to be. I probably looked ratty, I am a contractor and was dirty from working all day, trying to find a house to do an estimate. I never had a problem with getting work looking dirty from a days work....At least the people knew that I knew how to work and wasn't just a salesman. I got most of my jobs I bid on.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

A long time ago, when I lived in a residential family neighborhood. I saw a similar situation, and called the cops. Turned out the guy I called on, was an escaped mental patient, being held for stabbing his Mother. I'm glad I called.

Kinda glad you aren't my neighbor, if you think that everyone picked up in a neighborhood shouldn't have been.

Des

That wasn't me, I only went nuts after I joined ATS.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Kind of like this guy...?

Tattoo Doctor
Don't jump to conclusions..but do update if you know what happened..

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   

I came home after getting my haircut and as I was coming down my (residential) street, I noticed a white guy, late 20's, kind of thuggish looking with tats and no shirt, just kind of walking around towards the top of our street.

But he waved

How is that thuggish looking?
He sounds friendly enough ...

There could be a number of reasons he was in the cop's car.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
If it smells like a turd, but is in a baby ruth wrapper, I ain't putting it in my mouth.
My opinion, tattoos are for trash, all of them.
BBbut it is for my....No it is not, you just crave attention.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   

I think the best you can be is "concerned".
If someone-else complained...the cops were probably just doing their job.
When someone waves - they've gone further than those who do not. They have passed the bounds of anonymity, and engaged with a potential whistle-blower. It is more difficult to offer gestures of friendliness to someone you intend to harm/injure/rob/etc...than to find ways of ignoring their presence. That is - it is more difficult...if you do not feel "connected" to/with them. Psychopaths, Sociopaths, etc...might not feel that connection, and simply count it all "a game" (predator & prey). So - you can't rely simply upon the fact that he engaged you (with a wave). The other fact, though...that he was plainly visible, and hadn't changed position much on both occasions that you saw him...suggests that either he was not being "sneaky", or if his intentions were miscreant/malicious...he was not in "good control" of his psychological faculties.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
If it smells like a turd, but is in a baby ruth wrapper, I ain't putting it in my mouth.

I feel the same way about people who own pit bulls. Funny how that works.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Wow the scare tactics the media and government use to divide us sure are effective. Everyone afraid of their fellow human beings.

can't even walk the street with out being harassed and asked for our papers and people are fine with it to be safe.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Kituwa

late 20's, kind of thuggish looking with tats and no shirt, just kind of walking around
Feel fortunate the cops arrived to find out why the guy was wondering around.

A house may have been robbed?

I am late 30's, kind of thuggish looking with tats and often no shirt...

I have never robbed any houses...
edit on 8-5-2013 by knowledgedesired because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541

Wow - I feel sorry for you that you are so judgemental based solely on appearances. Some of the nicest, most generous and kind people I know have tattoos. I have tattoos and my wife has a tattoo. My oldest daughter and her fiancee have tattoos. Just because we like them...sort of like a favorite shirt or something, but most certainly not for attention. My wife and I can very easily cover ours with sleeves and etc if we go into an environment where judgementally small minded people are...my daughter not so much.

People that think like you do are no different than people who see a man who can't speak very well due to having a stroke and say that he must be drunk - or that women who dress provacatively deserve to be raped.

My brother in law (who I loved like like the brother I never had) died a few weeks back and I am planning on getting a small tattoo as a sort of memorial to him...but that just must be me craving attention. It couldn't possibly be anything else could it?

Like I said, I feel sorry for you.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by WanDash

I think the best you can be is "concerned".
If someone-else complained...the cops were probably just doing their job.
When someone waves - they've gone further than those who do not. They have passed the bounds of anonymity, and engaged with a potential whistle-blower. It is more difficult to offer gestures of friendliness to someone you intend to harm/injure/rob/etc...than to find ways of ignoring their presence. That is - it is more difficult...if you do not feel "connected" to/with them. Psychopaths, Sociopaths, etc...might not feel that connection, and simply count it all "a game" (predator & prey). So - you can't rely simply upon the fact that he engaged you (with a wave). The other fact, though...that he was plainly visible, and hadn't changed position much on both occasions that you saw him...suggests that either he was not being "sneaky", or if his intentions were miscreant/malicious...he was not in "good control" of his psychological faculties.

I am sure someone complained and I do NOT blame them for doing so, at all. I've never seen him before and I can understand their concern and I am sure the cops are just "doing their job" by responding to the call.

I guess I feel that its unfortunate our society has come to this. Call the law and have them "handle" a man in the street. I know plenty of tattooed people in all sort of position, it wasn't the tattoos that were thuggish. It was more his swag and clothing style that gave me that impression. He did wave though, lol.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Mixed emotions on this but hey, glad to know your police force does something when they are called. I had a guy outside my home when I got home from work, now I live in a rural area. My kids were just getting off the school bus and I look out the window and the man (Bum) was panhandleing, even though we have city ordainces about this he was out there until dark.

Next moring (weekend) I went and did some running and the guy was back when I returned, I did not like seeing him outsdie my house so I called the cops.

The cops showed up about 2 hours later and told him he had to leave, and he did, but the following day I seen the same guy on another corner.

In the past year there have been 6 different people out there, one even with her kids, sad but our rural town has the facilities and help for those that need it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join