It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syrian Electronic Army Hacks Israel's Main Infrastructure Control System (SCADA)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I am unable to factually verify the claims made in the "farsnews" article so you may want to take it with a grain of salt even though I believe the claims to be possible.

After the Israeli attacks on various Syrian targets the regime woved revenge.

Syrian authorities vowed to retaliate against Israel but did not specify what action they would take.

www.cnn.com...

Well it appears they may have started to retaliate against Israel.

The Syrian Electronic Army (SEA) launched a successful cyberattack on the main infrastructure system of Haifa, one of the most important ports in Israel, disrupting the operation of the servers in charge of urban management systems and public utilities in the city.

The SEA said it has hacked into the Haifa infrastructural system at around 22:00 (local time) Monday night, underlining that the hacking was done in retaliation for the recent Israeli strike on a research center in suburban Damascus.

"We would like to announce that in response to the unfair and illegal attacks of Israel on DATE, the SEA has penetrated one of the main infrastructural systems (SCADA) in Haifa and managed to gain access to some sensitive data," SEA said in a message left for the Israeli operators of Haifa SCADA system.

A copy of the SEA message to the Israelis was released by /aRCHeRr.

"Also, the SEA is now able to cause irrecoverable damage to the Israelis' infrastructural systems," it added.

english.farsnews.com...

So, according to this article, Syria claims it has obtained some sensitive data and are now capble to cause "irrecoverable damage to the Israelis' infrastructural systems". We will have to wait and see if whether or not this is true.

The alleged hackers claim to have evidence of their success in the form of screen shots.

Visit these links at your own risk as I am always suspicious of links that "hackers" provide.

cdn.anonfiles.com...

cdn.anonfiles.com...

cryptome.org...

If the Syrian Electronic Army does in fact have the ability to cause the damage that they claim they need to be very careful because if they were to proceed and cause this "irrecoverable damage" Israel would surely respond with more attacks on Syria. That being said, due to Israel's attacks on a sovereign nation based on nothing more than alleged intel which has yet to be proven, Syria certainly has every right to retaliate. Regrettably any retaliation from Syria is what Israel wants in order to justify more attacks in the public eye.

A lot of the "Israel can do no wrong" crowd will flame me for this, but this announcement does give Israel the perfect chance to pull off a false flag and attack their own infrastructure and blame it on the Syrian Electronic Army. In fact, I have never heard of the Syrian Electronic Army before today and this article could be some form of psy-op to set up this potential false flag. What I am getting at is that the Syrian Electronic Army may not even exist and this whole hack could be a hoax...this is purely speculation on my behalf of course.

Let's not kid ourselves here, Israel is notorious for using false flag activity to help achieve their goals.

If these claims from the Syrian Electronic Army are true, it could be another escalation in a situation which is already spiraling out of control.
edit on 5/8/2013 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Seems like the perfect game of chess IMO. If your enemy is so advanced in technology, you invest in finding a way to disrupt it. I would be very interested in knowing if the Syrian Electronic Army can immobilize israels military assets and put their air force in disarray.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   

hmmmm

the SEA seems to have faked up battlefield 3 servers too...damn >

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   

The first rule of war is you don't tell your enemy where you are going to attack this is bs Why tell them it is SCADA systems that they are going to attack it doesn't make sense to allow them time to check the systems. When you hack a system you want to remain unknown for as long as possible
edit on 8-5-2013 by digital01anarchy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
anyone leaving SCADA systems open to public access is either a fool or a pulling in fools to a trap these days

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by solarstorm

You raise a valid point, it would be interesting if the Syrian Electronic Army could in fact "immobilize israels military assets and put their air force in disarray."

This is just my opinion as I am no expert in the matter, but my guess is that Israel would have these military assetts under strict supervision/protection. If these systems were left to be vulnerable, in my opinion it would most likely have beendone on purpose in order to taunt the Syrian Electronic Army into attacking these assetts you mentioned to justify more strikes on Syria.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxatoria
anyone leaving SCADA systems open to public access is either a fool or a pulling in fools to a trap these days

might be a honeypot trap used to find there location which would be very funny

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
SCADA can be taken offline and control can be given or taken away. Sure they can see and monitor equipment, but I know all SCADA systems do not allow full control by the SCADA operator. Plus, it is pretty easy to manually disconnect from SCADA.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
This happened Monday night? Must not be too big of a deal...not exactly breaking news.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   
This is getting funny what's next Israel E bombs Syria? War this way would be much better at least no one dies.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   

If it's that easy to hack why do we have Internet security in the first place? And that message the SEA sent just looks comical.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
If it's true it's more likely it was the US CIA that hacked in. Why should we risk exposure for killing Assad when we can get Israel to do it. CIA has been handing all the credit to the Syrian population, since they first began arming them and spreading propaganda to get the people to oust Assad. After being threatened with nuclear annihilation over our involvement in Syria by Russia we've taken more of a back seat. It's about the development and distribution of oil/gas from Leviathan, Russia has a standing and legal agreement with Assad our oil companies want to control things themselves as usual. Assad was a stabilizing force in the region, and a very good leader to the Syrian population and I wish we would allow Russia to make an honest buck or two for once. Instead our involvement has led to the further destabilization of the entire region, directly resulted in the violent killing of 70,000+ women, children and Syrian citizens by provoking and arming of the population and lit the fuse for WW3 which will continue to burn for an unknown amount of time before coming to an abrupt and crispy end.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   

It seems this war is only a cyber war. The Syrian hackers are small fish in a big pond though. Israel seems to be the masters of cyber terrorism. It's good to see the little fish fight the big fish for once.

-SAP-

new topics

top topics

join